It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops investigated for heroin smuggling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is new news? maybe this report but it's been going
on forever.

the biggest culprits i would bet on the CIA.

only hope there kids dont get hooked
cos then they will have to live with that horrible crime.

sad sad drug.nothing but misery.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Ohh darn, you are one of those who still believe Saddam was equal to dodo al-qaeda big mama.. Funny movie.

I love you

And you are one of those people who ignores, and dismisses the facts just because you want to keep blaming the big bad U.S. Armed Forces, and U.S. government...

It should be evident by now that there are at least two or three groups within the U.S. government, and despite the fact that even evidence of this has been posted very few people, mostly on the left (sorry but it is true) want to claim "it is all the fault of the U.S." and want to dump all the U.S. government into one group...

It should be obvious that there is still a group within the U.S. that is still conservative, another group has been slowly infiltrating for decades and belong to the far left, and another group is still part of the left but they are what former Russian officers who turned defectors, and what the very far left call "useful idiots."

The best way to get rid of an opposing government/nation is to infiltrate it, attack it from within, TURN THE PEOPLE OF SUCH NATION/GOVERNMENT AGAINST IT, and in turn work to change such government/nation to a more "leftist" type of government...

edit on 13-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Do you even know what you said? I said you are one of those who still believes Saddam had relations with Al-Qaeda, then you say I am one of those who dismiss facts >? I thought it was a fact that Saddam had no relations with Al-Qaeda??

Weird?

Who is dismissing facts?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Don't you think it is suspicious that all this heroin is going through Georgia, a US puppet state that is obviously hostile towards Russia? But I guess we're talking about those fundelmentally corrupt Russians, right?

You may have a point to a certain extent, But to ignore the very long and proven history that Russia has with their heroin problem wont erase the fact that there is mass corruption in the Russian Government just like anywhere else in the world.

Don't you think it is suspicious that many here are in denial of that very real fact?

And what about the huge influx of heroin into Iran also? Or China?

And it is the US who has revived and exploded the opium production in Afghanistan. There's more than enough articles on this website alone that contain reports about American soldiers engaging in combat against CIA-paid "private contractors" who are tilling fields of opium, mistaken for Taliban. Funny thing is that the Taliban abolished opium production after the Soviets left Afghanistan, brutally killing anyone who tried to grow poppy fields in order to prove the point.

It worked just fine until the US invaded, and suddenly Afghanistan is producing 90% of the world's opium? For such a self-proclaimed omnipotent military that conquered Afghanistan, how could they not notice and destroy the Taliban growing massive amounts of poppies? They seem so good at it in Columbia with coco plants after all. Almost makes me think that the Taliban have nothing to do with it, and the only people perpetuating the lies happen to be Western governments involved, INCLUDING my own.

I barely care about the lost Americans in Afghanistan, but why did my people have to go there and kill and die for such bloody greedy useless garbage like that? All to appease the US government, because for the past 200 years the US government has been planning and waiting to assimilate us for our land and strategic resources and if we didn't agree to your stupid BS war then we probably would've been invaded or economically destroyed (aka "friendly invasion").

Do Americans not understand the true cost of playing the world's police? The monetary cost is nothing compared to the constant state of fear and distrust towards one another that your invasions have instilled on everyone in the world. And while one person looks at another on the street with a sombre and bleak expression, a bunch of rich people somewhere else enjoy their happy little lives while they profit from war and economic extortion.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

could not agree more.
could really not agree more.sad and like you say those rich
so called elite are the one's who heally don't give a F
as long as its not in there back yard.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
And what about the huge influx of heroin into Iran also? Or China?

CHINA and IRAN?

OK kids gather around...
Uncle Slayer will now provide a quick history lesson.

China-Heroin- 101

Illegal drug trade in the People's Republic of China

China's large land mass, close proximity to the Golden Triangle, and numerous coastal cities with large and modern port facilities make it an attractive transit center to drug traffickers.

China's status in drug trafficking has changed significantly since the 1980s, when the country for the first time opened its borders to trade and tourism after 40 years of relative isolation. As trade with Southeast Asian countries and the elsewhere increased, so did the flow of illicit drugs and precursor chemicals from, into, and through China.

Burma fuelling China’s heroin crisis

Published: 12 March 2010

China has seen a rapid rise in drug addiction this year, particularly in its southern Yunnan province where opium from Burma’s volatile Shan state is pouring across the border. More than 60,000 people registered as heroin addicts in Yunnan province last year, a leap from 50,000 the year before, according to an official at an organisation which provides treatment for drug users along the China-Burma border.

[Heroin addiction] has been one of the big problems in Yunnan over the past 20 years

And finally the LONG history of the Golden Triangle.

“Drug trade in Asia".

Opium poppy cultivation expanded to almost everywhere in Asia, from Turkey in the Near East to Japan in the Far East, along the succession of mountain ranges that stretch across Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Burma (Myanmar), Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, and China, as well as in Russia and the Central Asia republics.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
OOPS

I almost forgot this one from 2001 apparently during the period when supposedly the Taliban had eradicated heroin production in Afghanistan.

Wednesday, 11 July 2001

Corrupt Russian officers profit in heroin trade

The flow of heroin through Tajikistan, a mountainous, war-torn and deeply corrupt republic sharing a 700-mile border with Afghanistan, has led to a slow burning political scandal in Russia.

Some 60 tonnes of heroin a year pass through Tajikistan with the assistance of part of the Tajik political elite and senior Russian military officers stationed as members of a Russian force on the border according to Anton Surikov, a Russian official with close links to Russian military intelligence.

Yup Russian, Chinese and Iranian Heroin problems started with the US invasion.

edit on 14-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wanted to mash the keyboard some more with my fat hairy knuckles to correct a typo.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Here's a better map showing Helmand province HEROIN production which by the way had been in Taliban control until this spring. So much for the Taliban having an anti opium stance. They were selling it to finance their combat operation FOR THE PAST 9 YEARS until this year.

Afghanistan map - security by district and opium poppy cultivation by province 2007 - 2008

edit on 14-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I Wanted to mash the keyboard some more with my big fat hairy knuckles.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Here's a better map showing Helmand province HEROIN production which by the way had been in Taliban control until this spring. So much for the Taliban having an anti opium stance. They were selling it to finance their combat operation FOR THE PAST 9 YEARS until this year.

Afghanistan map - security by district and opium poppy cultivation by province 2007 - 2008

Opium production seems to be Afghanistan's only real industry in the past decade. Considering US forces put the squeeze on the Taliban, because empires think they can easily crush little resistance groups, some elements of the Afghanistan resistance probably did engage in opium market to fund their combat operations.

But if they did engage in this activity, which they probably did on some levels, it was in order to survive. You think if NATO wasn't there killing Afghans left and right every single day that the Taliban would still be producing heroin? Yeah right. And over the past year I've seen enough reports about US operations involving heroin in Afghanistan.

Considering I go to university where they teach me the history of the CIA and how it is usually funded by installing dictatorships that enforce bloodshed and producing illicit drugs/selling weapons, all I have to do is put 2 and 2 together to realize that maybe most of what we know about the Taliban producing heroin is probably American government propaganda. Why would it be reported factually to the American public? So the American people can realize that if the CIA is doing it in Afghanistan, then maybe they're also involved with all those Mexican drug cartels that supply most of the illicit drugs to the mainland US. Why should the CIA care about the quality of its people when its people can fund them by buying their drugs?

Reality is painful, isn't it

Wednesday, 11 July 2001

Corrupt Russian officers profit in heroin trade

Yeah, articles from 2001 don't cut it for me because things changed big time over the last ten years in that entire region, in case you have not noticed. Corruption is everywhere. I'm sure there's politicians in both the US and Canada that are involved in the heroin market too, probably much more involved than just 60 tons of the stuff. I have no doubt there are some Russian officers/officials that have done this, but it has little to nothing to do with NATO involvement in the last ten years (which is the point of this thread).

edit on 14-9-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Splash. Good effect on target.

China's got more opium running through it than [*insert rich, dead rockstar here*].

Just like Mexico's got more coc aine running through it than [*insert scarface reference here*]

Just like The United States of America has marijuana growing all over it.

Where the middle to upper class springs up, the drugs will flow. China's got a fairly booming class of up and comers, many of them young. Not to mention access to Russia and all manner of countries. Kids love drugs, that's a fact. Marijuana is on the fast track to legalization...

The harder drugs have more overhead value than even the best legal consumer products. I'm a little short on time, but look up the value of 1 kilo of coc aine in its land of origin/refining. Look up the value of that kilo once it hits market geography. It can be cut and cut until your profits have become ludicrous. That's what fuels the Hispanic hustlers to our South. It's the same thing that fuels the Asian gangsters and their Heroin trade.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
First class information by Slayer,

The Russian Mob are amongst the biggest on the planet,and they are not short of a few Russian Media/government contacts.
It makes their job a lot easier if folks are led to believe this is a problem of the "western allies of USA".

And China...hell yeah the top dogs run the opium out there.
They run it so well anyone who is not part of their program is executed,and their organs are sold in short order.

I really doubt that the British and Canadian soldiers accused are the top of the pile-more likley they have just been conned into doing something horrible for a fat wad of cash...
In which case I feel sorry for them-If they had no choice in the matter.

I hope that is the case anyhow.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Karzai's brother is in CIA payroll, not to mention Karzai himself, that being said, they both have connections with the Taliban, and Karzai's brother is described as a drug war lord, his drugs grow in pushtoon areas, as the maps describe, because Karzai and his brother are pashtoon, they both have influence..

There is a reason why Karzai wants to negotiate with the Taliban, because either way, he is doomed, if Taliban takes power, he is doomed, if Taliban is defeated, he is doomed.

The Taliban will kill him, and hang him for being a puppet. The Americans will lock him up in dungeon for the rest of his miserable life, for corruption, and feeding the resistance through heroin. But I think he has collected enough money to save his corrupt, and murdering ass back to Europe where murderers go for asylum..

Europe, let's start WWIII

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
WHAT THE F*CK ARE THEY DOING ARRESTING OUR SOLDIERS:

Why are they making the best armed force look like a pile of crap.

FACTS:

1) THE TALIBAN HAVE PUT A FATWA ON GROWING POPPY PLANTS (heroin)
2) THE MARKET FOR HEROIN IS IN THE WEST.

with these two points u can see it was us growing the plants - SO WHY NOW ARE THEY PICKING ON A FEW SOLDIERS.....MAYBE THEY GOT GREEDY, WORKING FOR THEMSELVES....SO THEY WILL BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I really doubt that the British and Canadian soldiers accused are the top of the pile-more likley they have just been conned into doing something horrible for a fat wad of cash...
In which case I feel sorry for them-If they had no choice in the matter.

Really? Because that's not what my Afghanistan lecture in a Canadian university briefed earlier

These warlords were originally bought out by the Americans during the initial invasion, then over the years the warlords started growing opium and selling it. They stored their money in Afghan banks, which sent the cash to Dubai to fund such large projects as the Palm Jumeirah (which by the way, is crumbling away now). Then the same warlords who have safety in fancy elite mansions in Dubai started to support the Taliban while at the same time buying their own personal mercenary armies to protect their opium production.

And like I said before, obviously CIA financed opium production and they're getting funded by it. What is the best way to conduct a black operation? First you need to understand that it is only connected to your country by ideal only. Second you need to fund your operation by unofficial money, ala heroin sales.

And think about the hundreds of thousands of missing US guns in the region, you think they just evaporated? They were probably used under the table, just like when the Americans supplied the Afghan warlords in the 80s (they did it as discretely as possible to avoid Soviet detection, good record on this is the book "Ghost Wars")

edit on 15-9-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yeah man the influx INTO? china and Iran??
what a joke
they dont know there history there m8
glad you educated the masses.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This would be a very sought after drug in a warzone. people say its a downer, but psycologically it makes you feel great, if you were depressed (as many PTSD casulties are) this would be a wonderdrug fo feeling better as the endorphine high is through the roof. In Vietnam a lot of US soldiers used morphine for recreation instead of keeping it for combat a well. Not to mention when smoked most people arnt familiar with the smell which isnt as strong as weed at all.

Trust me I was best mate with an addict and I saw him a lot and it took me a while to realise the problem, he was amazing at hiding it until his useage skyrocketed. Despite wanting to stay in contact I havent heard from him since, this was about 2 years ago

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
This would be a very sought after drug in a warzone. people say its a downer, but psycologically it makes you feel great, if you were depressed (as many PTSD casulties are) this would be a wonderdrug fo feeling better as the endorphine high is through the roof. In Vietnam a lot of US soldiers used morphine for recreation instead of keeping it for combat a well. Not to mention when smoked most people arnt familiar with the smell which isnt as strong as weed at all.

Trust me I was best mate with an addict and I saw him a lot and it took me a while to realise the problem, he was amazing at hiding it until his useage skyrocketed. Despite wanting to stay in contact I havent heard from him since, this was about 2 years ago

This has nothing to do with using heroin in a warzone. It's about state-sanctioned transportation of illegal heroin to sell for profit, which is black funding used for conducting unofficial operations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join