It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android or I-phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am getting ready to purchase a new phone. Would like some input as to which phone is better, should I go with the I-phone or a phone with the new Android 2.2 system on it? I'm not very smart when it comes to the new technology on phones, but I want a phone that allows more interaction with web sites, not just being able to get on the internet. Thanks for you input, it is appreciated. Peace.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have a Samsung Moment (Android) and I have many co-workers and clients that have iPhones. While everyone is generally happy with their iPhones, there are some things they have commented are better about my iPhone:

1) Open platform means greater variety of apps and better support from application providers
2) I can take out and replace my battery!
3) The next version of Android (v2.2) will be the first mobile platform to support flash.
4) The android hardware usually has more sensors for things like EMF, intertia, lighting, gps, etc.
5) I can use multiple browsers on my phone (Safari, Opera, etc.)
6) Work email integration is much simpler (so I am told).

I am up in the air as to whether there is an advantage to iPhone having a camera in the front and the back.

And finally, the only things that currently tick me off about my iPhone:
1) No Support for NTLM Authentication, which limits my ability to log into company intranet sites
2) AT&T is the only provider that supports talking and surfing at the same time,but they do not support android.

edit on 9-12-2010 by rogerstigers because: added some additional stuff

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How about a Nokia N8?

europe.nokia.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I have a Samsung Moment (Android) and I have many co-workers and clients that have iPhones. While everyone is generally happy with their iPhones, there are some things they have commented are better about my iPhone:

edit on 9-12-2010 by rogerstigers because: added some additional stuff

I'm confused, you state you have Samsung Moment, but then refer to your iPhone? The information you provided 1 thru etc. does that refer to Android or iPhone? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jupiter Crashes

That is sweet, but don't think I can get it in the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have the HTC EVO (android) with sprint....I love it. Huge screen that plays HD and has an HDMI Out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Thanks, that is the one I am leaning towards. I believe I will probably get it this weekend. Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsASecret

My bad.. that was the result of too much work.. I have a Samsung Moment... I meant to type "Android Phone"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I thought that was what you meant, but I wanted to make sure. I'm going with the Droid...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsASecret
reply to post by Jupiter Crashes

That is sweet, but don't think I can get it in the US.

You can! I'm in the US too lol I just had the EU site for some reason. It launches in October. I'm getting one and I can't wait to have a mobile computer that is Linux based and happens to have a phone.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The iphone 4 is the hardware at the moment that is imo what i would want to get. It is simply beautiful, elegant, solid and has a super display and good camera.

Then there is the fact it is an Apple. It has severe limitations in the specs, it is underpowered compared to the price, and WORST OF ALL, it has a completely rubbish operating system!

I have even thought about buying the iphone4 and installing android on it, but it is still very much into developer preview stages (the procedure), and i think it will never be implemented good enough to use as a mainstream solution.

Currently i am sitll waiting. Nokia N9 with MEEGO OS is something i am really excited over! It is also opensource based on linux like android, and it has backing by intel amongst others. Porting aplications between meego and android is a piece of cake so the linux platform in phones will really be a new windows for mobile devices!

top topics

join