It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning MAYBE for disclosure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Sounds pretty good, and quite close to what is actually going on.

Interesting. Please, tell us what the show is about, since you seem the have the inside scoop. No else knows a thing yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Sounds pretty good, and quite close to what is actually going on.

Interesting. Please, tell us what the show is about, since you seem the have the inside scoop. No else knows a thing yet.

Oh yeah! I have the "inside scoop" alright..
I read the link posted by the OP!

www.examiner.com...

You just have to actually read.

[Spoiler Alert: Don't read the remainder of this article if you want to preserve NBC's carefully crafted surprise.]

[OK. If you are reading this, you asked for it]

The secret in the character dossier that Laura Innes is contractually forbidden to reveal is that her character, a mysterious and powerful leader of a group of detainees in at the Mount Inostranka facility in Alaska—think Gitmo on ice—is an alien being outwardly indistinguisable from indigenous humans. She is the leader of but one alien faction who is busy influencing world events. For that reason, Innes is probably the only one of the cast and crew outside the producers and scriptwriter who has a clear picture of the event.

The Event facing the President of the United States is the disclosure to the American public of the reality of alien life operating on Earth.

And he is facing a deadline for disclosure that is forcing his hand. The clock is ticking. Think '24' meets the X-Files.

The clues to the plot are readily decoded by anyone who has studied the UFO phenomenon and, more to the point, the development and implementation of United States public information policy on the issue over the last six decades, as the behavior of the characters in the trailers mirror that of their real life counterparts.

The series revolves around the problem of how -- and what would force you -- to tell a society that the reality they actually live in includes non-human intelligent life -- some of which has been visiting Earth before mankind as it thinks it knows itself was created. And the series is itself part of a novel solution to that vexing social problem.

continued at link. lol

inside scoop.

brilliant.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Ahmose because: lol

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The idea that the entertainment industry is "preparing" us for disclosure is not new. In fact, you could make the case that it is over fifty years old. "Close Encounters," for example, came out in 1977. ET, when Drew Barrymore was six years old, came out in 1982. But that's all new stuff. "War of the Worlds" was in 1898. In the fifties there was "Rocky Jones; Space Ranger" and "Col. McCauley; Men into Space" The first Day the Earth Stood Still was 1951. "Invaders from Mars" was 1953. Since the end of WWII we are kind of a space oriented culture and we tend to like those kinds of stories. The fact is that the first "preparation" movies were shown to youngsters who are now retired and will soon be dead.

So that begs the question: Just who is the government trying to prepare? It's been well over a generation.

A more likely explanation is that Disclosure is yet another Cargo Cult, just like the ones in New Guinea where the islanders built runways and warehouses and waited for the cargo planes to land with all the goodies when life would be all better.

Just update that story with "Zero Point energy devices" and you're there. Same story; updated clothing. jesus hasn't returned in 2000 yedars. We're still waiting for the cargo planes, but the aliens will be landing Real Soon Now and everything will be all better.

edit on 9/14/2010 by schuyler because: Rocky, not Ricky

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

i mean cats dogs
water on other planets
were all alien man
good thread do

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For myself I don't need disclosure I live with this.

I think it is important that if any others like myself happen to pick up on something not really known as a whole that we can then discuss it.

To me disclosure is nothing and as you all should know disclosure and contact are two way completely different issues.

For example if they were to show a Being parallel to us we that have had experiences might be able to verify or correct any wrongness little things like that.

Until we see what it is all about we won't know and it could turn out to be nothing only time will tell.

TV and the www. are pros at making nothing into something so...................we shall see

edit on 14-9-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wanted to add this thought regarding The Event. I want disclosure too but if it was disclosure why is this programme not being sold around the world. What i have in mind was something that happened in 1984 when Threads was shown not just in the UK but across Europe. A few weeks later The Day After showed in USA following simmilar themes but less gritter scenes of nuclear warfare.

But my point is this, if this is really a message for the world why not a worldwide broadcast or seeling of the programme to other stations etc

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The Lost Boys is government disclosure that vampires exist and they are stuck in the 80s.

And I thought it was just another Vampire flick.
I have got to start following the conspiracy sites more closely or maybe I will just shut the TV off and quit going to movies. That's it. I'll live in a cave, under a rock so as not to be fooled by anyone.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ive seen numerous dates set by forum members of disclosure in the past years. None of them happen. Now theres a big conspiracy about the entertainment industry slowly familiarizing us with ET because of these TV shows and movies. By the logic, the government must really want us to listen to horrible music, dress scantily and behave like low life trailer trash. Its all making sense to me now. Thanks guys

Now I have something to keep my SCI FI fantasy alive.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I did read it, however the Examiner's source is not reporting any facts, only rumors.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The 3rd disclosure digs a bit deeper into the psyche. Its called freak out prevenative measures. They call it "TV programs" or TV programming" for a reason but this method is just one small aspect of programming thats been going on....well... really since radio was brought out. (disclosure if you will) There is alot more to watching TV than just what you see and hear..it is what you don't see and hear.

What I mean by 3rd disclosure is (3D) and there is a whole bunch of it coming to a theater near you. (scream capitalism all day if ya want) for an argument.
Go to a movie tomorrow and see the previews for other movies,,,most all that are being released will be in 3d. Even the movie Jack Ass 3 will be in 3d.
3D of today is nothing like 3d of yesterday. remember the paper glasses? one red lens and one blue lens

But what about those that don't go to see the 3d movies or dont like them you say. The ones that do see them will transfer the consciousness (programming) to the ones that don't see the 3d movies.. You can scream "deny ignorance" "deny ignorance" and say this is all nonsense all day if you want but you will come around eventually.

So yes...the feelers are out for disclosure. They have been out for quite sometime now. (Computer Programming)Yes they even have computer programs that study your PC habits and not just the content, but all the way down to how fast you click on a link, how your cursor moves, how fast you type...what kind of pause counts between keystrokes and words. Why you go from one certain website to another paticular site. Always studying and watching as your subconscious reveals so they might tweak and adjust (Somebody needs to tweak and adjust your meds)

Sounds like The Matrix doesn't it?
Ahhh the matrix is primitive.

I find it interesting the way some folks that claim logic, intelligence, and common sense are actually the easiest ones to study and predict.

(Somebody needs to tweak and adjust your meds)

Good stuff:up OP :

edit on 14-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

I did read it, however the Examiner's source is not reporting any facts, only rumors.

lol, sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The idea that the entertainment industry is "preparing" us for disclosure is not new.

True, just research Robert Emmenegger (spelling?) or Disney's alleged previous involvement in this (or the Cosmic Journey project). I still wonder if the 80's specials "UFO CoverUp Live" weren't more fact than fiction. Granted though, there are a lot of "aviary" connections to these...so whether disinfo, the truth, or outright lies, who knows?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

lol, sure.

I mentioned as much in my first post.

The nature of the "Event" and those behind it may shift throughout the series...

The show is serialized and does involve a conspiracy but we are doing all we can to make our characters as relatable as possible so you can quickly understand who they are. We will have occasional stand-alone episodes and also somewhat reset the story after 5 or 6 episodes.

[url=http://io9.com/5638338/ian-mckellen-say-hes-definitely-playing-gandalf-againand-soon-plus-the-hunger-games-may-have-found-its-director]Source[/ur l]

edit on 15-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes the Cosmic Journey project i have heard of. It was apparently cancelled alledgelly on budget grounds but i suspect the powers that be got cold feet and decided to abandon the idea. But i think we are ready now for disclosure and have been for quite a while now. Its not a question of if disclosure occurs, it is HOW. And i suspect it will be the ailens contacting us but at a date and time agreed with world governments.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, as I see it time will tell us.

For myself I will watch just to see what I can resonate with,,,,if anything.

I think if there was to be something to this even if little it would be good to discuss/debate in an adult manner.

All I know is I try to observe things by what I have been shown and told, if I observe something I think of interest I share freely.

I am interested in the story line because I know things are going to get bad before they are good. I observe volcanoes and earthquakes, Tsunami's this will be the bad very bad I was told extinction level event and I am not scaremongering I am telling you as I know.

They are here to try and lesson this blow when it comes because they feel we are worth saving. Many are here to observe.

I know this sounds like crazy talk and I don't have a specific date that's why I observe. If I see things start to come to fruition I can write and about it and we can go from there.

If I am wrong about anything I write then I only make me the fool and my family. I love my family and would never do anything that I thought would hurt them in anyway.....life is to hard as it is.

edit on 15-9-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There have been two movies in the past month about Satan, "Devil" and "The Last Exorcism". What is the government trying to prepare us!?!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I observe volcanoes and earthquakes, Tsunami's this will be the bad very bad I was told extinction level event and I am not scaremongering I am telling you as I know.

I know this sounds like crazy talk and I don't have a specific date that's why I observe. If I see things start to come to fruition I can write and about it and we can go from there.

So, in other words, if something disastrous happens you will tell us that it has happened.

Gee, thanks for that vital service.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I wanted to add this thought regarding The Event. I want disclosure too but if it was disclosure why is this programme not being sold around the world. What i have in mind was something that happened in 1984 when Threads was shown not just in the UK but across Europe. A few weeks later The Day After showed in USA following simmilar themes but less gritter scenes of nuclear warfare.

But my point is this, if this is really a message for the world why not a worldwide broadcast or seeling of the programme to other stations etc

Hi, I'm new to ATS.
This is to let you all know that "The Event" is programmed in Italy on the 21st of September...and this is really really strange because usually US movies or series are translated and programmed some months or years after the original. Now this is gonna happen almost at the same time.
Too there's a dedicated website, please check it: theevent.mediasetpremium.mediaset.it...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Your comment seems to be implying that if UFO themed movies/TV shows are government propaganda then all other films/shows must be propaganda as well, or conversely if some shows aren't propaganda, then no shows are.

It's entirely feasible that a government could produce propaganda films on one particular subject. The fact that other shows aren't propaganda wouldn't negate that.

That governments commission propaganda films is a matter of historic fact.

If the UFO phenomena is caused by extraterrestrials then it's not ridiculous to suppose that some conditioning might be desired by those in charge or even by the aliens themselves before releasing the full facts. The fact that there are shows on TV about other unrelated subjects is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Thank you for replying to my post.

Originally posted by observe50
atlasastro,

I believe when certain shows/movies come out there is a possibility that truths are mixed in with imagination. This is the easiest way to confuse people but yet get it out there.

I agree that there are shows that do mix truth within a format, but how do differentiate between topics or shows.
For instance, there are numerous shows on different supernatural topics. Religious programs, programs about ghosts, psychics and channelers, Vampires, Witches and Wizards, Angels and Demons.
Do you apply your rational to all supernatural topics like you do with shows regarding Alien/Et topics?
Are these shows ALL telling us of an impending disclosure of all the supernatural topics? That shows dealing with Vampires are aimed at preparing us for Vampire disclosure? That shows about Witches and Wizards are sown with truths in order to confuse people about the real truth about Wizards and Witches? Shows that have stories woven with Angels are really conditioning the public for Revelations?

Why do you only apply your theory that there is truth in these shows when the genre is Aliens/ET?
I think you need to ask your self that question in order to identify the potential effects of a personal filter you may be applying to mainstream popular culture that attributes significance to only a small percentage of a very large amount of material that deals with these supernatural phenomena.

I have written that I can write of the things I have been shown and told it doesn't matter if anyone believes or not the point is to share and get it out there and hopefully one day people may realize they were told a truth.

And I am writing that I would like to know how you differentiate between what your personal bias that identifies only a small part of a media spectrum that appeals to your specific and certain beliefs as containing truth, whilst you tend to ignoring a general and observable trend in pop culture that tends to weave ALL TYPES of supernatural myth and phenomena into contemporary pop culture.

Thanks again for your reply.
I look forward to learning how it is that you discern truth in these types of shows purely based on its topical content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join