It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning MAYBE for disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Hiya observe50, I'm looking forward to the show and hope it's a good one. It's a storyline that's been waiting to be told. I don't think any disclosure agenda is at play, but it could be pretty entertaining.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That's rich!

How about your own avatar? From an extremely popular TV series of the 90's whose central theme was the abduction of Moulder's sister! The whole concept is everywhere worldwide in media.
To say it's not long enough is just more rationalizing as to why the famous disclosure never takes place.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yeah I guess all 6 billion people in the world watched X Files right?

As it happens, I don't think disclosure will ever happen. Not from the US or British governments. It's going to take an incredible independent discovery.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Alot of them did!
See below from Wikipedia

"Fandom
As The X-Files saw its viewership expand from a "small, but devoted" group of fans to a worldwide mass cult audience,[70][71] digital telecommunications were also becoming mainstream. According to The New York Times, "this may have been the first show to find its audience growth tied to the growth of the Internet

But you are splitting hairs. Add in ALL the TV shows, video games Tv shows and commercial shown world wide. You think everyone else in the world lives in a cave.
Just more self serving "believer" rationalizing.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Just more self serving "believer" rationalizing.

I've already stated I don't "believe" in disclosure. Stop being selectively ignorant.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Jokei,

I am sorry if I misunderstood. In this thread I am talking about disclosure and the ways it can come about through shows and/or movies. I have no intention to talk about other things just this one in particular dealing with UFO's and Alien's.

Knowing a wee bit about Steve Bassett....... for myself if he is suggestiing there is something to this show called "The Event" then I will watch it to see if there is anything I can resonate with.

I know here on ATS there are quite a few abductee's/experiencers that have stopped sharing because of the word abuse they receive when they try to write.

I will not speak for all like myself so I will only say this for myself, I can lead you to the water, I can't make you drink.

For myself I will watch this show and see if I can resonate with anything I know and if any abductee's/experiencers read this thread I am just making them aware of when this show starts and if they feel compelled to view and see if they can resonate with anything to do so.

After each show if anyone would like to write or express there thoughrts in a kind and considerate way (adult like) I would like to hear what they have to say.

Since I am an experiencer and have spent my life observing both sides I would like to see what this show has to offer.

Olddragger,

I think we know UFO's and Alien's are a huge money maker. I have no doubt many shows are full of imagination but I also have no doubt that there are those shows that have scripted parts that let info out. It is up to each to decide for themselves

Ufo's and Alien's is a great thing for the government and militaries to hide behind or use for cover I guess would be better to say.

Unfortunately I also disagree with you of course because there are many many different Species and ships. Just about everything you have been taught is incorrect but hey whatever is to be in your future willl be.........

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have a problem with people saying they think the government is monitoring our reactions. What that then implies is: they care.
The government that I know of, does what they want, when they want and doesn't care whether we-the-People like it or not.

So bringing this back to whether they're testing us (like an Orson Wells prank) is something I can't imagine.

The government flies UFOs without telling us, possibly takes people without telling others, possibly has an ET or two in their possession, is possibly already on Mars and has a base or two on the Moon. So again, why would they care how we'll react?

I have to believe the REAL alien-occupants will let us know when they feel they're (or we're) good and ready.It's not up to any government, I don't believe unless.................there is a UFO Greada-like treaty But the government still doesn't care about our feelings/reactions. That much I know!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If "disclosure" doesn't get good ratings, expect it to be canceled and postponed once again. In TV, they could care less if aliens exist or not, just as long as they keep the advertising dollars flowing.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: I'm a crappy speller. I admit it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The baby-boomers are on the verge of extinction and this generation needs its UFO/Alien-fix, which is why it is selling like hot-cakes in the media.

That's really all there is to it, we've not experienced our version of the 50s and 60s - we need our Buck Rogers (Colonel/General O'Neill), threat of global annihilation (Global Warming, 2012, NWO, take-your-pick; a lack of an obvious threat has everyone choosing their way to die, so to speak), and hope for advancement (which is about the same - space travel, a pill to fix every problem, no sadness or hunger - the stuff you hear at every Miss America pageant).

Sure - there are driving factors in the media; unfortunately one of the minor ones is truth and responsible journalism/reporting. That's far from a globalized conspiracy. Your breakfast table isn't big enough for Special K and Captain Crunch; they both want complete domination, and they both can't have it. Control over your breakfast table starts with control over the advertising - and that's not big enough for both of them, either.

It's okay to laugh on the internet - that was meant to poke a little fun.

Seriously, though - we are like any other life form and seek to grow and expand. While there is still plenty of room on this planet; there are plenty of us who are eager to see what else is out there. We grew up watching Star Trek, Star Wars, Gundam, Battletech, Star Fox, etc. We're tired of looking at it through our computer screens. That doesn't mean we are tired of playing games and watching movies about it - it just means we want to actually start making stuff happen.

I wouldn't say it's due to some conspiracy. It's just that we are building up to another space-tizzy. Last time we had one, it was pretty cool - we went to the moon and built stuff like the Space Shuttle. Who knows what we'll do this time.

The explanation doesn't require aliens. I believe they are out there - and I believe there are some that know about us (if not keep an eye on us), but I don't buy it for a second that there's some mass conspiracy to try and condition society to accept the idea of aliens.

Why? Because it doesn't work. People's behavior is almost impossible to predict because of the extreme differences between the reasoning one does as an individual versus as a collective. I'm not of the opinion that people can really be conditioned to accept the idea of aliens before they have ever been met with it. If anything - sci-fi is damaging our ability to accept ETs for what they would be.

We've already got an idea of what ET should look like. We've got an idea about how they should view us, how we should view them, what they value, etc. Conspiracy forums have rather divided camps with their mind already made up: they are benevolent creatures going to save us from our stupidity (re-labeled hippies with no integrity): demons and servants of the devil (people who, also, have no faith or courage to think): they are malevolent beings manipulating our government (people who need to feel oppressed and 'special' for resisting that oppression): people who think we are being 'ignored' until we are 'enlightened' (rebranded hippies looking for a reward for being 'enlightened' - or close to it): and people who think the other groups are outside of their minds (people who think their own reasoning of superior capability and quality, even if not always utilized).

It should be obvious what group I fall into. I've got my rainbows and unicorns saved up for when they land and take away all of our problems.

Anyway - we've spent so long anticipating 'first contact' that there's no amount of 'conditioning' to try and make us more accepting of whatever truths there would be to it. Somebody is going to come away from that horribly disappointed. More than a few people are going to insist they are correct - with all complaints being directed to a gun barrel.

It doesn't matter how "first contact" goes down. It's going to be pretty darn messy in the months and years following. It doesn't matter how mysterious forces in the government go about trying to 'soften' the release of classified documents detailing dealings with known ETs - people are going to be, understandably, very upset about this. A turd in a punch bowl is a turd in a punch bowl. Changing the flavor isn't really going to make it okay with the party guests.

So, I doubt there is a large effort to try and convince people they need to have an "alien plan" (similar to a "zombie plan" ) - a brain-dead contingency that takes effect in the event of 'first contact.' Because there's no control over what people are going to dream up in their heads.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"We are in a small system among billions of stars. Is it really our own ego that suggests that any and every civilization dedicate itself to "Reaching earth" and ... in our own time? Even the fullness of time may still see us alone in our system. We are indeed lucky to have what we enjoy each day, and the tools to see afar." -danscope

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As with everything it is up to each individual to decide for themselves when dealing with this subject.

When I share anything about Alien's and Ufo's now I do so just so it is out there. I know how people react some kindly some rudely but that's the way it is.

The way I see it I put it out there and time will tell.

One thing I always find interesting about information being put forth is this....one person can write something and it goes no where then sometime down the line someone else writes the same thing word for word practically and people marvil at it.

I wonder do you guys ever take the time to realize how amazing you really are.

Almost seven billion completely different but yet so completelysimiliar....figure that at.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Many Thanks.We are all in for a huge shock

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just a couple thoughts on disclosure. It seems to me that if there are people who are interested in keeping the public ignorant of the reality of UFOs or an ET presence on Earth then they are probably becoming increasingly anxious about their inability to control this information. They would have to realize that it is only a matter of time before a sighting occurs that will last long enough and be blatant enough for enough people to get good enough video and photographic evidence that the subject will suddenly be in the spotlight in a big way. Imagine a daytime Phoenix Lights type episode with several thousand witnesses and a few hundred photos and videos all taken from different vantage points. Then what?

I have to think that there are some people among those "in the know" who have given this matter enough thought to come to the conclusion that such an incident would not be the best way of letting the public in on this information. Not necessarily because they give a hoot about the individuals, but because they don't really want to see our society/civilization/economy shocked into a quivering, blubbering dysfunctional mess. If such a profound reality were thrust upon humanity in a less-than-tactful way, there would be a big chunk of the population who would have a lot of trouble going back to business as usual.

So, somebody who knows what's going on must have at some point tried to figure out how this information - the revelation of which is most likely inevitable in the long run - might be conveyed to the masses in a way that will be minimally devastating. Television, especially "entertainment" television, seems like it would be an ideal tool for this purpose, at least to get the ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why I am picking this particular show out...... is this:

I do NOT think that Steve Bassett would use the Paradigm Research Group in a way that would damage their name.

Steve Bassett has worked hard (not always right in predictions) but who is. Steve however has devoted himself to helping bring forth disclosure and since Steve is sending out messages through his Group advertising to view this program then I know I will view it.

I believe the telltale signs begin in the 2nd episode.

I suggest if anyone is interested to view this program and if you care to share your thoughts week to week to come here and we can discuss anything we believe is of interest.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" is the government disclosing goblins live in the walls of our houses.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The thing about disclosure, is that there must be some motive for the powers that be to do so...if it is to happen. You don't keep a secret for over half a century and then just decide to come clean just for the hell of it...

So, when thinking about disclosure, you have to examine what motives would have to be there for them to do so...

While there are many different possibilities, and many we may not even be able to guess, we also have to concede that the other party involved also wants to keep the secret. Again, we're back to motives. Either party can divulge the secret, and blow it wide open....but there has to be a REASON (some kind of benefit to them), to do so.

Until the reason is present and identified, it's highly unlikely there would be disclosure.

Possibilities:
1. The aliens threaten imminent disclosure, so the PTB beat them to the punch.
2. The PTB believe they can nullify the threat, or somehow force their hand.
3. Some overt event too big to coverup (UFO landing at the SuperBowl, or something of that nature).
4. The aliens plan to attack, and the PTB needs to martial all humans.
etc., etc.

Without the reason, no disclosure though...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I still believe...Lost Boys

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I still believe...Lost Boys

The Lost Boys is government disclosure that vampires exist and they are stuck in the 80s.

If the few shows about aliens on TV are government disclosure that aliens are coming, what are all the cop shows on TV disclosing? Or court-room dramas? Or medical dramas?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I agree with you in your thoughts. There could be so many reasons why disclosure might or must come and all we can do is guess we won't know until it happens.

It could be something simple, look at the ways many other Countries have opened their files maybe the pressure is being put on the USA if they don't disclose the others will and it could make the USA look very bad, who knows.

There may really be nothing to the show I don't know but what I do know is I know things since I am an experiener and if I see things I can resonate with that shouldn't be known unless I put it out there then there might be something going on.

This is why I believe it would be a good thing if any abductee's/experiencers watch this maybe they can pick up on something.

There are many of us that have dealt with different Beings for differents things so imagine the millions of us watching and seeing something they put out that shouldn't really be known.

We will only knowby observing.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
NBC's, "The Event", sounds interesting enough to remove the television from the closet and plug it in!
Seriously, I might actually watch that! lol

Sounds pretty good, and quite close to what is actually going on.

Thanks OP, (even tho yer making me dig out the TV). lol

Crap.. I dont even know if i get NBC...

DoomsdayRex~
If the few shows about aliens on TV are government disclosure that aliens are coming, what are all the cop shows on TV disclosing? Or court-room dramas? Or medical dramas?

, your logic is quite flawed.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Ahmose because: lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join