It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky man kills 5 family members and self over breakfast eggs.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How horrible, and in a trailer park in Kentucky, my state.

I hope the government does not use this to crack down on guns.

If anything had the victims had a gun they may have saved a few people.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
28. Drunks with Guns

29. Rules to make you type a second line

edit on 12-9-2010 by whaaa because: bad attemps at humor

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
OMG! The goverment has to ban eggs now before this happens again!

I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg of egg-related violence in the Homeland and something must be done. I'm writing my congressman.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

excellent inclusive list...

mossad is so evil i nominate it needs to be mentioned.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I'd like to to know is why did no one else shoot this mofo? Even just get to a safe area to snipe him out. He sat on his porch for over an hour for Christ's sake.

If I lived in an area where it took the cops over an hour to show up for a killing spree, I would definately be packing for protection myself.

Originally posted by Ben81
This is the story i saw first on TV
and then i went to CNN website ..i noticed right away the missing info

Mr. Neace apparently waited an hour for the police to arrive before turning the gun on himself

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's more information about this:

More.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My older brother used to live in Eastern Kentucky (worked for the railroad). It is extremely mountainous, rural and poor. Poverty, drugs and alcohol abuse was a way of life for many. Very little job opportunities there. (At least in the 1980's). As for the slow response time of the police, there were as many dirt and gravel roads as paved ones. A lot of people didn't even have mail delivery because of the roads and had to go into town to the post office for their mail. My brother actually bought some property that you had to have a truck or SUV to even get on to. Some areas may have had no more than 3 or 4 houses on a several mile stretch of road.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Some insight into life in Jackson Kentucky.

As of the census[3] of 2000, there were 2,490 people, 1,005 households, and 661 families residing in the city. The population density was 935.4 people per square mile (361.4/km²). There were 1,111 housing units at an average density of 417.4/sq mi (161.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.19% White, 0.56% African American, 0.64% Asian, 0.12% from other races, and 0.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.48% of the population.

So it's a really small, predominantly white, podunk kind of place.

The median income for a household in the city was $25,272, and the median income for a family was $33,036. Males had a median income of $33,523 versus $25,179 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,532. About 21.9% of families and 26.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 35.3% of those under age 18 and 18.8% of those age 65 or over.

And it seems that high paying jobs probably aren't that common there.

Source

This is where this family lived...

And here's a bit about Stanley Neace

For months, Stanley Neace had shown increasing hostility to his neighbors in rural eastern Kentucky, to the point his landlord started eviction proceedings.

"He was unpredictable," Rastegar said. "Little things would set him off."

"He's been trouble ever since he's been here," Smith said. "He's always been trouble."

Source

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Looking at that picture is so sad. The area though, is very beautiful. What an ironic contrast of the beautiful Appalachian mountains to the mobile home. Some people just don't have a lot of chances in life. Most of us here are extremely blessed.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

.. sadest picture ever

they were living in misery and that didnt help the guy bad@ss attidude
the government need to start helping people in the need
so these massacres can be avoided... peoples are left to themself
its situations like these that show people cant live in misery without help
sometime a hand is the much welcomed .. it can save life if you correctly help people
before they go on a rampage
the government should spend more on social plan so everyone have a job and a not living in misery

living like this in america or anywhere else is unnaceptable
it will happen many time with other familly if we dont put a stop to the corruption of a broken system
if trillions of dollars were not spend in wars
the wasted money would had helped americans more to avoid falling into misery
the bad economy helped to light certain fuses in his head to commit such a desesperation insane act

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was born and raised in Lexington, Ky and have heard many disturbing stories over the years from Eastern Ky. This is an extreme example but it doesn't surprise me. The people are poor, too many children, uneducated, alcohol and drug abuse, domestic abuse, child abuse and the list goes on. The schools, medical and mental health system barely exist in these areas. It always been this way - the area is remote - very little opportunity for improvement. Some manage to leave and make a better life for theirselves, others do not - this has always been sad and of great concern to me.

This guy was most likely unstable to begin with and the breakfast lead to an argument and 6 lives are lost. Very sad!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I was born and raised in Lexington, Ky and have heard many disturbing stories over the years from Eastern Ky. This is an extreme example but it doesn't surprise me. The people are poor, too many children, uneducated, alcohol and drug abuse, domestic abuse, child abuse and the list goes on. The schools, medical and mental health system barely exist in these areas. It always been this way - the area is remote - very little opportunity for improvement. Some manage to leave and make a better life for theirselves, others do not - this has always been sad and of great concern to me.

This guy was most likely unstable to begin with and the breakfast lead to an argument and 6 lives are lost. Very sad!

Some people have a sad destiny...a chain of many event in many years leading to this end ...
how can a person would ever think of doing this is a mystery to me
this is a exemple that we cant underestimate the dark side
we never know what somebody can do if pushed to the edge ... in this case he was pushed to the edge because of eggs he didnt like.... COME ON so so so sad

people are angry ... tired ...no faith....they live in fear of something hunting their thoughs
ending lifes like that ... i have only one reason to explain this tragic event

he was a religious person that fully beleive in heaven (extremist side)
he maybe though that he had enought of life so he killed himself and his familly to live with them forever in the afterlife...was it worth it ??.. what did he think of ..WTF.... living in the after life in regrets

will make things much worst for your soul

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Nobody kills anybody over eggs. The eggs were not the problem, they were simply the match that lit the fuse.

There is much more to the story. I'd imagine financial woes or possibly severe marital problems - probably both.

It might have been the coffee. Cuisinart has developed a machine which randomly dribbles coffee on to the counter. It may have been on account of this machine....and that he thought it was his wife's doing? I too doubt that mere eggs were the reason. If funds were dried up and the last of the coffee beans went down the drain?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Landlord Ray Rastegar said Neace received monthly disability checks from the Social Security Administration, though he didn't know what his disability was.

Given this I would suspect that a history of depression or other mental illness is probably at play here.

This guy was a ticking time bomb, in my opinion, and this case is indicative of what we can expect now that mental health programs are being severely cut in reaction to the economy.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Nobody kills anybody over eggs. The eggs were not the problem, they were simply the match that lit the fuse.

There is much more to the story. I'd imagine financial woes or possibly severe marital problems - probably both.

it seems like the human race is getting extremely violent....the rage and dumbness is not good.....its almost like one of those movies where the government experiment gets out of hand and the humans become bloodthirsty and kill everything..almost zombie like rage. im not saying we are there yet...but 20 years from now...100 years?? put it this way...things are not getting more peaceful. im telling ya if you dont own a gun you better get one.... why didnt somebody shoot this guy...lucky he didnt kill 20 people....

edit on 12-9-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The cowards are the people that lead to this situation happening in the first place, or stood back watching as their family descended into chaos....which is what happens. Friends, family, neighbors don't want to be "contaminated" so they let them go about their dysfunction, and then something like this happens.

As an above poster mentioned, the area was in poverty. By addressing poverty we can help fix violence, even moving away would have been easier if they had the resources, which they probably didn't.

edit on 12-9-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

You seem to under the illusion that killings like these are new or occur more often now then they have through out human history. They are not. Of course now we have a 24 hour news cycle to focus on such things over and over.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
... Anyone else want to add to the list?

27. Illegal immigration
28. Macrosopic superposition
29. Jealous b****es
30. Environmental destruction
31. ATS

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hmm when I click on the link it doesn't say anything about breakfast eggs but maybe CNN retracted that piece of the story. I believe it either way.
It sounds like the guy might have been the sole provider...providing for his wife, stepson, step daughter AND her boyfriend. All those people living under one roof. You have to be very careful and respectful of each others space and personalities. No one likes to feel demasculated in their own house.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
OMG! The goverment has to ban eggs now before this happens again!

I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg of egg-related violence in the Homeland and something must be done. I'm writing my congressman.

Shortly after Tony Blair's book signing debacle no less. I tell you it's blantantly obvious that they'll be taking our 2nd and 1/2 amendment rights to omlettes away from us!

Eggs don't kill people; people kill people. An egg is just a tool!

edit on 9/12/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join