It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well in 'that' case I have an important message for the families:
The best present I can think of. For more, click here.

Watch carefully for the twisted motive.
I'll predict 75% legit, 25% BS
It's latter that should concern you.

Maybe not.
We'll see.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I cant wait to so the tv show. look very
. Give credit to this post and keep the good news

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Is this what ATS has come to? Somone spams the board with an ad for a TV show and he gets tons of stars and flags for it? The OP didn't even have an opinion. He just told us to watch a TV show. It's the latter posts that have suggested the OP was trying to say the show was part of a conspiracy, but the OP said nothing of the sort... All he did was give a sales pitch for NBC... and not even a very good one.

Reminds me of another thread that's been popular lately where all the OP did was tell us to "Google it".

sad

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just another TV show for the masses. I used to sucked in when I was about 15 but lets be serious, do you guys really think that any form of secrets or disclosure will come from a TV show? There maybe a small chance, granted. However, this is marketing 101. Remember all the others, Blair Witch, Lost, etc.

Government conspiracy, alien dislosure and 2012 are very fashionable commercial subjects right now. It makes sense for them to target that market and be with the times.
You just have to look at this site to see how popular its becoming. Jazzy new site, linked with Facebook, News with two pretty presenters, etc.

Try to use your analytical and empathetic skills and it all seems quite normal.

(Having said all that, I very well may watch, but only for ENTERTAINMENT purposes. Enjoy it!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh please, I'm tired of series like this, you will never ever know what "the event" is now many how many episodes you watch.

Just another, Lost, Jericho, Nowhere Man, The Pretender...Bleh

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Odd.

I am really confused why this is not in BTS?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm expecting this show to go the way of Flashforward. Interesting concept but poor execution.

I expect boring subplots involving characters I couldn't care less about and a show that takes too long to get to the entertaining/dramatic bits. A show that constantly teases you that something interesting will happen in next weeks show only for you to discover that next weeks show was just as boring as last weeks.

This modern trend of taking too long to get to the point is very annoying and makes for bad tv imo. Don't expect too much from this show, this is Hollywood afterall. The people that are famous for taking a formula (in this case a poor one) and running it into the ground.

For those of you thinking this is some form of real life disclosure I suggest you stay away from the tube for a while, too much of it isn't very good for the brain.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The part about the president not knowing really stood out to me. In one of my recent threads there was a post by Witness63 so all courtesy for the below links must go to that member.

But the documents are still in limbo in terms of how legit they are but really seem to link up to the fact the president may not even know what is happening in regard to UFO research or discovery.

The major problems from the standpoint of intelligence has always been ''what to tell the president''' and ''how much''. This has been the policy since 1947 when the NTK restrictions were imposed.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

It makes for some interesting reading.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Does Leonard Nemoy star in this "Event"?

I'll only believe it if Leonard Nemoy is involved!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Is this what ATS has come to? Somone spams the board with an ad for a TV show and he gets tons of stars and flags for it? The OP didn't even have an opinion. He just told us to watch a TV show. It's the latter posts that have suggested the OP was trying to say the show was part of a conspiracy, but the OP said nothing of the sort... All he did was give a sales pitch for NBC... and not even a very good one.

Reminds me of another thread that's been popular lately where all the OP did was tell us to "Google it".

sad

lol... OK BILL! Springer!...

Disclose this: How much is NBC paying you for this advertisement campaigne! and what are ya getting for each banner click at the top of the page for this lil advertisement?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think the TV show looks fun. But I don't think it is being used for disclosure.

I do think they are having a bit of fun with the marketing. The thing that bugged me was the backwards E in the show name. It's gotta be backwards for a reason (maybe?). I remember Lost did something similar in it's first few years, clues to some sort of game used as viral marketing.

Back to the E. I looked up backward E on the internet and it turns out it means "There exists" in mathematics.

Of course eminem uses a backward E so maybe the marketing people just thought it was cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I saw a video about a year ago with some ex-spook type guy and he was saying there are 37 clearance levels above "Top Secret". One of these levels is "Majic Clearance", and this guy was claiming no President has ever been granted "Majic Clearance"..........
Looking forward to the show!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yeah yeah. So somehow a tv 'series' about aliens that omg even the president doesnt know of! *gasp* is coming to air. I sure hope its not just like every other TV show about aliens you see where the only facts stated are ones everyone knows and that aliens 'could' happen.... Instead of Probably happen.

If that above paragraph was too much for some people then too bad. But you guys know that major TV stations screen stuff? Do you think if this program wasn't yet another generic 'it could happen, may have but we don't know' kind of program it would be allowed on air?

Im sorry to burst your bubble but to those that think somehow rogue programs get accidently aired on national TV are fools.While my post probably doesn't apply to most, there is the percentage that this post is directed towards.

Anyway have fun and remember, no news is good news.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I can't believe some posters here are speculating about what the "event" in this programme may be

read the link in the op......this one........read it all the way to the bottom or the article, and bingo!.......you'll know exactly what the "event" is.

It looks like it could be an interesting and entertaining series, I should imagine a lot of Hollywood scriptwriters trawl the internet just like everyone else, they see the topics that interest other people and they no doubt pick up ideas for movie's and TV series.......I don't see this as any sort of planned or subliminal act of desensitising or fore runner of any presidential disclosure........It's just a show

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe so but their choice of topic title words (What the programs called) leave plenty of speculation regardless of reading the info or not. What I stated before still applies, unless anyone can prove they have the information that we all are dying to know and hear... And not just 'we believe/could happen/maybe it did' but instead 'The president doesn't know this, and we do, and its 100% true and not just mere speculation'.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You guys do realize that not one entity or organization anywhere in the WORLD could know all the information that is out there...right?

People assume that the "elite" know everything there is to know about the world. The truth is, there are so much information, organizations, and secrets that no one can know. It would take years of briefings to get through one years worth of secret information.

The president doesn't know because it doesn't really concern him. There are organizations in place that watch out for these pieces of information. When something goes awry they will let the president in.

Until that time, the president can't be bothered with every little secret.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Get real folks! You think your GOOD government is going to do what's right? An attempt to enlighten everyone before some major event is simply ignorant. Nothing more, nothing less.

Example: What do you think all the bible thumpers are going to do when there's full disclosure about otherworld contact? Have you heard SH's alerts? What do you think all the evil-doers are going to do when there's full disclosure about 2012, and the possibility of global extinction? Remember the Katrina aftermath? What do you think will happen when there's full disclosure about the real BP ordeal in the GOM?

This show will be another "24" series, IMHO! Get real folks, and be prepared.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
While my surprise has been spoiled by this thread, I'm glad you posted it because I although I was considering watching the show, I might not have. Now, I certainly will. The premise is really interesting, too. And, it does seem like a great way for TPTB to leak out information. But, why? Why would any of TPTB *want* disclosure? What benefit do they gain from it? We, the people, want the truth, but what would be in it for TPTB?

True disclosure could result in a lot of instability and chaos. I don't see what they would gain from it. I'm curious about it, and am all for it, because I want answers, but I just can't see them giving us people "in the dark" any illumination on one of the greatest mysteries of all time.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

I'm glad that I"m not the only one who noticed that.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i foresee another series like "surface" where everyone running around trying to figure things out a big disaster in may season finale and guess what show won't come back for season 2. nbc isn't going to give this show a chance unless it has extraordinary ratings otherwise it will be replaced by law and orderpetty crimes or law and order biloxi mississippi.
seriously if that don't pop every week they will crash and burn on nbc. if battle star galactica was an nbc series instead of sci fi it would never had a four year run spin off dvds or a spin off series. i think i will watch caprica instead it promises start of cylon revolt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join