It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The whole backstory with Lee, and the scene with his old flame, now aged, was great storytelling actually, and helps to put a more human face on the detainees. Until now, we weren't even really all that sure they had similar values, as most have been fairly ruthless or at least duplicitous.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The whole backstory with Lee, and the scene with his old flame, now aged, was great storytelling actually, and helps to put a more human face on the detainees. Until now, we weren't even really all that sure they had similar values, as most have been fairly ruthless or at least duplicitous.

I got the sense that Lee was the exception, not the rule, among Sophia's people.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

That's one way to take it. But then, the one guy who was going to squeal, his demand was for them to release his girl. With Thomas, I think that when he was with Sophia, he was the doer, she was the talker, and they complimented each other. When he was just on his own though, he became more impatient, and less beholden to Sophia's methods.

With them both on the loose, it would seem the others' rescue from the facility is all but certain. If I was the pres, I'd be doubling security, doing deeper background checks, and full blood/hair/urine, etc. tests on everybody there. In addition, I'd work in a nuclear contingency, as well as anti-air defenses.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What is so special about this thread that qualifies for over 50 flags?

Jeeeez. The topic is The Event: What even the President doesn't know, but I couldn't find anything related to what is revealed in the show that the President isn't aware of.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

At the beginning of the show, the President isn't aware of the detainees, or their mysterious point of origin.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Wow, weird. I just went to this thread and got a weird message about the site. There was a button that said "get me out of here" so I clicked it and it took me back to my home page. I had to log back on. Anyways, we had several of The Event recorded and decided to try watching again this past weekend. Now, we're really hooked. Did anyone see this week's? The room of little girls was CREEPY!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
SPOILER (If you haven't seen Monday's episode)....

Seems we aren't going to find out about the creepy "old girls" from last week, just yet...

Boy, the VP is a real idiot, huh? "I'm going to take you down with me", but then he goes to some secluded area to meet with the guy? Of COURSE he is going to kill you.... Didn't seem like that van explosion was enough to do the trick to me...but eh...we'll see soon enough I guess.

Seems the powerful old man may be one of them, according to the last scene. (or maybe even a rival alien faction?) Weird that he didn't want them released or announced to the public though....but then, maybe it was JUST the announcement he had a problem with? That would fit. He looks old, because he's likely been building the power for a while, and so NEEDED to look older throughout the years, when he really looks as young as any other "alien".

The G-man nailed our hero pretty good.... Guess they'll have him heal Bruce Willis style and be back on his feet in a day after it though...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think the creepy old girls is how the aliens are staying young. That was really a weird episode. I think we are caught up with the episodes if that was the last one.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

If that's the case though, how does it explain the retained youth of the detainees? (unless Lee and others were slipping them something....) May be more related to how the infiltrators can make themselves appear to age (with the girls as the testbed, as they have more remaining years than abducted adults.

Plan B (blowing up the van) was pretty dumb on the power brokers' part. A very public explosion/assassination attempt? Much more difficult to coverup from the public at large... Why not just have a sniper (or a few) in position, as YOU chose the meeting place? Much easier....(and more sure of a kill). Maybe the aliens aren't all THAT smart...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think that is exactly what is happening. Someone is sneaking in "creepy old girl blood" or something into the compound.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok I just finished watching The Event last night.

WTH that is how they end it!? REALLY!

Ok that show was like reading half the forums on ATS made into a tv show. It was weird yet I liked it. I kept laughing and how certain things made me think of things mentioned in various threads on ATS. Yes at one point I said "holy (something I can't say here) Nibiru" and then I laughed. I enjoyed it and I wish it wasn't cancelled. The end seemed to be most interesting and well now all we can do is guess.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join