It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
At the end of last weeks episode, when all the plane crash victims starting waking up.

Did anyone else thing ZOMBIES??? They were dead...they started moaning...and slowly gettting up...Zombies I tell you.

I would of started taking headshots...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah, at first I was thinking zombies...that would have been interesting....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LOL! And what you mentioned just happened on the show. Anyways, I'm going to be honest and say this show is terrible and hasn't meet any of my expectations
And the acting is horrible!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jganer

That's funny, I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but will get to see it tonight I think.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
SPOILERS - SO DON'T READ IF NOT CURRENT ON EPISODES (unless you want the spoilers)

Just saw last night's episode. I think the future human idea may be more correct...after all, Thomas (in 44), seemed to have an immediate recognition of what a radio was, etc. He walked right to it.

Glad to see both the President and Shawn took my route (personally, if the Pres, I would have told Thomas I'd execute one each hour I didn't have the antidote, but that's me)....

Also glad they bugged Sophia. Personally, I would have released anyone but Sophia, maybe even upping it to releasing a few vs. Sophia, but eh...

Interesting to see what Shawn's motivation will be now that he has his gal. Of course, he also just told a contract killer that he's got her butt in a sling, so of course she has no choice but to hunt him down and kill him, unless he can convince her that doing so would trigger her son's info to go viral.

edit on 20-10-2010 by Gazrok because: added spoiler disclaimer

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
At the end of last weeks episode, when all the plane crash victims starting waking up.

Did anyone else thing ZOMBIES??? They were dead...they started moaning...and slowly gettting up...Zombies I tell you.

I would of started taking headshots...

This clearly proves that disclosure of zombies and walking undead is also eminent! Whoa Zombies and aliens, who would have known?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We've stopped watching the last couple of weeks. Was recording it but had some other stuff and it got bumped from the line-up. I'm sure Sci-Fi channel will pick it up at some point or one of the other satellite networks. I just wasn't getting that into it though. It seems like a compilation of Heroes, 24, and The 4400. I really like "V" better.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

At least for me, the episodes are getting progressively better. It's a little too easy to predict sometimes though...for this kind of show.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by maybee

At least for me, the episodes are getting progressively better. It's a little too easy to predict sometimes though...for this kind of show.

Yeah. I think we are going to start watching again this week. I missed a couple so hopefully I can catch up if they replay them. I do like Hawaii 5-0, though

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the "revelation" in tonight's episode is not so much a revelation but a red-herring as the revealer seems to be less-than-stable, a classic unreliable narrator.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The conspiracy reporter didn't really reveal anything we didn't know already, other than the pilot flying over it.... There was a better revelation though, if you listened and caught it. Thomas basically stated he is going to get them home, so now we know a bit more about their agenda. The tricky part of it is, previously they said that if we knew why they were here, we'd kill them...so why would we kill them for trying to go home, unless the act of doing so somehow harmed us?

Seems that the future human idea may be getting closer to the mark. Also, there is no water where they come from (agent Lee stated this). I wonder if they are engineered for long term space travel maybe (hence the lifespan)....

Did you catch the reporter using the EBE term though (Extra-Terrestrial Biological Entity)? That was kind of a neat detail.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Eh...Thomas has been going on about getting them home for a few episodes now. Seems that ever since Sophia put him in charge of that endeavor he's been hell-bent at getting it done no matter what.

Still, a good episode. I noticed that they are not spending near as much time on Sean and Leila...wonder why.

Oh, and did that reporter not remind you of some of our ATS members

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Reminded me of MOST of us, hehe... Sad thing is, she's right in her general diatribe... Thing is though, what are our options? Try and spread the word and be regarded as a nutter, or just shut up and try and be happy little consumers? Personally, I have to pay the bills, so I put on my sheeple costume and play nice with others...

Does seem that they had Shawn rescue her a bit early. So, now they've added his girl's vengeance and search for her possible surviving family members. Not nearly as good a catalyst though, for driving on our heroes.

Too bad the pres didn't go with my idea of redundant tracking methods. I even told my wife what would happen, the moment they said "coffee shop". I slapped my forehead, and she said "What?", I said, "They just lost Sophia"...she said why?, I said, "They're going to have numerous targets now...." then they showed him pouring stuff in the coffee...she looked at me, and said, "sometimes...you scare me hon..."

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw something interesting last night on the EVENT. Towards the end of the show there was a building that was probably 7 stories collapse. It was collapsed with some sort of alien vortex emplosion creating a massive crater. The collapse characteristics were very similar to the WTC towers.

Im not suggesting the WTC towers were collpased by an alien vortex emplosion but I am concerned with what the directors and producers of the show were conveying.

Did anyone see last nights episode?

In my opinion, it's almost like the creators of these movies and tv series are either doing some kind of disinfo by mixing fantasy and reality. Either to discredit the "so called conspiracy theorists or they are trying to debrief us on some level. Perhaps cancel fantasy and reality out entirely

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Of course they are mixing fantasy and reality...it's what writers do.

Yeah though, it did kind of have that "ground zero" feeling. I just kept wondering "why use all the hocus pocus...why not just use conventional explosives?". I mean, was all that really necessary? Been quite a while though, so can't really say "too soon".....for the 911 like image.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The conspiracy reporter didn't really reveal anything we didn't know already, other than the pilot flying over it...

Well, the crazy reporter is the first person to explicitly say Sophia's people are aliens. However, I don't think they are. They are not human, at least not homo sapiens.

The tricky part of it is, previously they said that if we knew why they were here, we'd kill them...so why would we kill them for trying to go home, unless the act of doing so somehow harmed us?

I don't think it is the act of going home that would harm us but why they are here in the first place...

Seems that the future human idea may be getting closer to the mark. Also, there is no water where they come from (agent Lee stated this). I wonder if they are engineered for long term space travel maybe (hence the lifespan)...

I think they are a previous, advanced, human species that once lived on the Earth but had to leave due to some cataclysm.

Did you catch the reporter using the EBE term though (Extra-Terrestrial Biological Entity)? That was kind of a neat detail.

X-Files used it over a decade earlier. However, I thought it was a nice touch. The writers are obviously exploring the conspiracy literature to give the show an air of authenticity.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
No doubt that X-Files was certainly one of the first shows to really use conspiracy research ideas and terms...just like Kolchak before it (which was a big inspiration for Carter when he penned X-Files).

I still can't shake how much Jason Ritter looks like his dad...it's just eerie sometimes.

As for the "leak" though, in the G-men guys, I'd wager that in a real life scenario, each one of those guys would have had a tracker chip in them, so during the operation, the boss would have been able to tell who was where. Should be interesting to see how/if Lee can still maintain that cover. (I'm betting he doesn't, and a new infiltrator (a Thomas loyal) is brought into the mix).

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Should be interesting to see how/if Lee can still maintain that cover. (I'm betting he doesn't, and a new infiltrator (a Thomas loyal) is brought into the mix).

If Lee is still alive, that is. It'd be surprising if they killed off a major character and disappointing since he is the most interesting character. But I'd respect them for being brave.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I think in one of the previews, it showed him in a hospital bed, about to get a blood test....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I think in one of the previews, it showed him in a hospital bed, about to get a blood test....

Well, that's what I get for being so quick with the remote...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join