It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just love how the guy runs away from a fleet of helicopters through the desert...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It has to be one of the most realistic depictions of what could possibly be forthcoming in the next few weeks,with a possible global collapse within days

I love this show!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd love to know how he evaded those helicopters (and all other containment steps).
Of course, we'll probably see it in yet another completely unrelated flashback!

The writers really need a course in Flashbacks 101. First rule, the flashback should have a direct bearing on the topic either immediately preceding it, or following it. I don't know why this show insists on being chronologically challenged.

At least they are revealing things as they go....while still keeping the main mysteries (where are they from, why are they here, etc.). Not sure if most picked up on this, but they said a lot when they mentioned using a lot of their resources to vanish the plane. This would seem to indicate that indeed the only other outside alien presence is that of those who were able to flee the 1944 crash. (in other words, no ship in orbit or anything). Almost seems as if they are some kind of advance scout force that got shot down. (remember one suggested they fight, when they were spotted).

I'm thinking the guy killed on the cruise ship was also an agent, but killed by his own (I'm betting that "vitamin c" tab was nothing of the sort).

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They are using the flashbacks as "filler". They are making the story as they go along. It's a good concept for a movie in series format and i doubt the second season if there is one will have half the episodes of season 1 before it gets canceled, because it will be a continuous loop and basically they cant tell the secrets for the show will then have no meaning so they will keep the secrets till the show eventually gets canceled...pointless watching cause you will never know what the event it, just like u will never know why the US states got bombed in jericho

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well what if the event, actually ends with disclosure.....the series finale....cuts into everyones TV, radio and internet broadcasts....disclosure happens world wide here on planet earth! What a great finale that would be!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm still remembering the last TV attempt at disclosure (perhaps)...

In the 80's, there were specials called "UFO CoverUp Live!" (you can likely find these online now)

In my market, the last 30 min or so of it was cut, and it went to infomercials.
Prior to the show, there were going to be local news reports of reactions, etc.

Then....NOTHING. No stories, not even in the paper the next day, etc. Like it never happened.

Granted, most of the material in the specials is now what we'd refer to as info from the "Aviary" group (alleged insiders using bird monikers as codenames), but sure was weird how it played out then.

Info such as alien biology, their origin, you name it (and of course, that they liked strawberry ice cream and Tibetan monk music)....so many laughed it off...

And before wide use of the internet, etc., this kind of clampdown was a lot easier than it would be today.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I liked the second episode much better than the first. Some questions were answered. Still not sure who "they" are, but the part about them not aging was pretty cool. The plane crash... reminded me a lot of Lost. Anyway, I guess we're hooked now. We are recording the series.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
SPOILERS BELOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

reply to post by maybee

Well, they did state they were extra-terrestrials, with about 99% of the same DNA as us.
The big things we don't know are:
1) Where are they from?
2) What do they want?

Another thing was stated, and it's important (was in the previews for next week). If we DID know why they were here, we'd just kill them (according to their leader)....so apparently, their agenda is something we're not going to like.

For me, the big mystery is still why did they kill the plane passengers? Letting the jets shoot it down would be a lot easier.

Appears to be two factions of aliens (one, those who want to listen to the leader....and two, those who are tired of waiting and favor a more direct approach). It also seems that the "two" leaders have a past together.

We know the main character has got to escape sometime soon (or get those agents on his side), so I expect that in the next episode. (hard to do much behind bars, makes for a lousy protagonist) .........

Who else thinks that the surfer dude is (was) also some kind of agent, but obviously one opposed to the ones who took his fiance?

edit on 4-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was disappointed with episode 2.. it was somewhat predictable (aliens, really?) and poorly shot.. the acting's not much better either unfortunately.

I hope it gets better because the ratings have already fallen off and we could be looking at yet another Jericho/Flash Forward scenario where the show just disappears.

If they're looking for another 'Lost' or 'Heroes', I don't think they've found it with this show which is sad because it definitely has potential.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well to be honest, if they made a series about world war 3, it wouldn't mean we are all about to die. If aliens knew about earth they'd probably destroy us for if the US found alien life they would likely bomb the crap out of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by damn_ummmm

It's getting good reviews though...but we'll see. It's only been two shows...so I hope they give it time to see

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ok, episode 3 was FAR better than the previous ones. This one actually had me on the edge of my seat a bit, so nice to see they are getting some things right.

SPOILERS

Ok, so it seems that the head black ops guy may not be behind the abduction of the girl. He seemed surprised to learn about it, and genuinely so. Maybe one faction of the aliens wanted to kill the President (those kidnapping the girl) and one faction saved the plane? Then, the ones doing the abduction tracked down and did something to the victims of the crash...(as they seem to come back to life next episode)? Now, we're cooking with gas....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I liked episode 3 too. We had it recorded and I watched it yesterday. I was kinda doing some stuff around the house and kept pausing and coming back so I got a little off track. What was the big shoot-out in the FBI/government office? I probably will re-watch it again before tonight's episode.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Well, they did state they were extra-terrestrials, with about 99% of the same DNA as us.

They're basing that on the DNA and other small differences, but have no conclusive evidence that the others are aliens. So, it's entirely possible that they're advanced humans from the future who's DNA has evolved.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This thread looks like a 'spoiler' for those of us who haven't yet seen the show. It starts here in the UK some time in the next couple of weeks, so I look forward to it and will be back with a more useful contribution!

Thanks for the thread - it made me realise this show might be better than the trailer I saw makes out.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I'll be more careful not to divulge anymore of the plot.
It's OK for a prime time show. As I posted earlier, we record it and I was doing some chores while watching the 3rd episode yesterday. I would get really interested for a few minutes, then it seems to get a little slow or off subject from time to time. The acting is alright, but some could be better. I have a rather short attention span when it comes to watching TV or a movie, and it doesn't come close to keeping my attention like the series "V". But hey, a lot of people will probably disagree. Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Interesting point.

Though the big intriguing question is what is their agenda? The one above would explain why they'd be content to be captured, but wouldn't explain why they'd be fine with some of their people leaving.

We know that whatever it is, we won't like it, and would kill them if they knew, so that's intriguing.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

....or perhaps, if they're from the future, they know that disclosure of their intentions pisses off/scares the wrong person and then kills them all. Doesn't necessarily mean their intentions are malicious. Rather that it may step on the wrong toes (people in power).

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Event: Was about coming out of the closet
The Obstacle: Is, TPTB cant have that happening

Thats why they would be killed if the truth about their agenda comes out..
The president have been left out of the info all the time.
He finds out and want to go with the agenda.
TPB will not let that happen.

Maybe the show tries to say more than just "There are aliens on Earth".
Maybe they are trying to show how hard it will be to tell the truth.
But that they are working on it..
edit on 12-10-2010 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2010 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

SPOILER ALERT! (BUT THEN, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, WHY ARE YOU READING THIS?)

You may be right on that advanced humans idea...would be an interesting twist. Don't know about you, but I saw that "wrong house" twist coming a mile away....has been used too many times in movies to fool anyone these days...(i.e. you knew it wasn't going to be the same house).

Personally, if I was Shawn, I would have taken mom and the kid, then sent Vicky a text pic of her son, saying, "Give me back my fiance' now!"

But, maybe that's just me....

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join