It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillard may have to move out of home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Gillard may have to move out of home

news.ninemsn.com.au

Prime Minister Julia Gillard may have to move out of her modest Melbourne home for security reasons.

Ms Gillard bought the house in the working-class suburb of Altona some years ago, and lives there with partner Tim Mathieson.

She continued to stay there during and after the election when she was in Melbourne. But those days could be numbered.

"There are security and other issues," Ms Gillard told ABC Television on Sunday.

"I'm staying in my home in Altona and I very much enjoy that, but I suspect that there are some friends who deal with prime ministerial security who would wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Im not a fan of either parties at this election really however thats not the point. I also dont believe this story is true. I doubt the prime minister would live in Altona which isnt the greatest area to be living in. Obviously now she would be moved, at tax payers expense naturally. Im sure shes also not happy either to be moving on up to a nicer place :@

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-9-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Gillard did live there but it was costing the taxpayer a fortune in security...

They even had a pissy little caravan in front for security guys...

Why she didn't usr the Lodge and Kirabilli house is beyond me...

Security was still there so her wish to stay in a surburban home just cost more...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
When she became Prime Minister, after they chucked Rudd out, she said she would not move into Kiribili house until after the election, if she lost she would just have to move out again, now that she has won I'm sure she will move in.

new topics

top topics

join