It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda fighters swell Taliban ranks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

What a crock...Every report states drug production was down to almost zero levels under the Taliban..

Now they are at record highs...

Sure, the US is worried about the farmers

With what the US spends on war in Afghanistan they could afford to pay the farmers not to grow..

But instead they protect the fields..Dont blame the Taliban...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Safe passage out??

Sweet deal NATO. I'd take it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
OK,legalise the drugs, as I said yesterday and a Brit MP said today.

If you legalise drugs, this is what you get -

1. The end of criminals running drug rings.

2. The end of young girls being forced into prostitution.

How great to be rid of that!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

i don't know, who will kill your ass if you don't grow that # for money? the americans or the taliban?

tali's didn't need it when they were IN CHARGE!

i guess you guys work at macd's and don't own a few.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Let's please stay on topic and refrain from personal commentary.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

No mate, I don't even eat that crap, maybe you do..

The point of your post is?? Because I have NFI

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

OK,legalise the drugs, as I said yesterday and a Brit MP said today.

If you legalise drugs, this is what you get -

1. The end of criminals running drug rings.

2. The end of young girls being forced into prostitution.

How great to be rid of that!

Mate, I agree, legalise it all and let those who want to kill themselves go right a...
Many also so agree, but the goverments, US,UK and others will not..

Why? Because they like it the way it is..
Obviously someone is benefiting from this illegal trade and it aint you or me..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It is more than the legalization of drugs, the problem is the current world governments whose sole plan is to dominate the world, and control everyone under one law and order.

That won't happen, ever, that is why so many problems exists, because we don't give people (individual people) the choice to make their own affairs, rather we tell them to work as groups and choose candidates, that way they can have more control over us.

My solution is, to give everyone the choice of choosing their own way of life based on agreements with others. Hence me and you make an agreement that if we smoke drugs, there will be so on and so on punishment for it, that agreement is just between me and you, and the government's job is to enforce it.

But someone else can be an agreement between them that this drug is OK to smoke, and this is not, amongst themselves. That means they can smoke those drugs amongst themselves, but not around others. If they want to smoke those drugs amongst others, they must first meet them and make the agreements with them.

The point is, everyone should have the choice to live however they want, not however the representatives, or the majority wants.

That way everyone will live a life the way they want, and will have no complaints, or excuses to start insurgencies.

In this sense, Islamic extremists can choose to live the way they want, according to agreements. If women want to live under the laws of cultural Islam, then they should be allowed, the same goes for men. It is a choice, there is no wrong or right in that. Wrong comes when they try to force their own agreements on people who haven't even agreed to live in that way of life.

Blablabla... going off topic here, sorry

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Ooyzi, you are dreaming of a perfect world where we can all do as we please.

That will never happen and for good reason...

Sometimes what "we" decide to do can and will effect others..

Drug taking is a great example..

A druggie really can't work a normal job, therefore they end up stealing, usually first from family members to continue their habbit..

Thats but one example where you "perfect" world falls apart..

We need rules, We need an elected Goverment to make rules, but them rules should be to benifit all, not just corporations..That goes for starting wars to benifit the same corporations...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

no, i blame the taliban.

you don't.

it is not us doing it.

like i said, the tali will kill you coz they need the money. when they had it all, it was a different story.

blame the USA, why not, lol!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Please show me proof...

There is plenty of proof that the US military is watching over the fields...

Someone has to protect them poor farmers...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by oozyism

The Taliban and Al quaeda equal freedom for whom?

Men. Forget the women under their regime.

If you call a freedom fighter someone who hates women and cuts off their noses, so be it.

Freedom from American occupation & puppet govt.. Afghans don't want advice, help or morality lessons dictated to them by the distinguished gentlemen liar from Chicago.. lol.. and his DC mafioso cronies... any more than they did soviet politicians.

I call them freedom fighters too...

I found it totally hilarious that after all the carnage, years of fighting and billions of dollars.. along with various TV bobble . shills boastfully belching about of US military "progress".. Taliban assets walk freely in the streets, dominate entire swaths of land, and have reinforcements commute to war in less traffic than most Americans experience.. lol @ fail.. although the bankers are lol @ mountains of cash, so.. there is that I suppose.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Actually it doesn't because since everything is done with agreements, if a family doesn't want their son/daughter to do drugs, then they can make an agreement stating that if they do drugs, the punishment will be this, hence leave the home, hence get physical punishment, hence get fines, what ever both side, the mother/father and son/daughter agree upon.

But those agreements come in the age of consent. Young kids are immune from these agreements, and they live their lives based on the mother and father hence parent hood.

If the son/daughter doesn't agree with their parents, the parents have the ability to kick them out, if they are living in the parents property etc..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
But it is the Taliban that grows the drugs today, which finances their war against the CF. This shows us that they set aside their own Islamic law when they need the cash, in effect just another wacky "the ends justifies the means" sect.

Most of Afghanistan's drug production today originates from the Helmand Province, where the Taliban is omni-present and the CF only controls the bases where they are entrenched, If they destroy the drug crops, the farmers will side with the Taliban, and that does not fit with Obama's new 'win the locals over' strategy.

I'll let Helio do my light work for tonight. Here's some visuals to go along with his very accurate post.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Sounds exactly like what happened to USSR, this is dejavu.

Good.

We are killing innocent people over there every day. These people they call "terrorists" and "insurgents" are in reality people defending their country from a foreign invader that doesn't give a damn about them or what kind of government they want.

Over here on 9/11 they played that mosque bull crap on TV all day. They said this 9/11 anniversary was the first really controversial one. Well they were damned right it was. But not because of this stupid mosque. But because more people than ever know that 9/11 was not perpetrated by a bunch of Islamic terrorists acting alone. They received a LOT of "help." And people know it.

Growing organized resistance in Afghanistan to the globalist federal empire.

Growing organized resistance in these United States against the globalist federal empire.

Wick it away at both ends.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'll let Helio do my light work for tonight. Here's some visuals to go along with his very accurate post.

I'm confused. I take it you are actually contradicting him?

Your images show that the "government-controlled" regions in the south of Afghanistan are the ones producing the most opium. Helmand Province is in pink rather than that rusty-looking color that denotes "Taliban strongholds," and that pink is identified as "government-controlled."

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you saying that in these years of war, all the money spent and troops sent to Afghanistan,

that the Taliban still controls more than half ???

I wonder what century this war will end if thats the truth...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda fighters swell Taliban ranks

Hey ooz I don't know if you knew this or not but here at ATS there is a huge crowd that believe that Al-Qaeda is a CIA ran organization so if that is true [which I doubt] but if it is then the Taliban are screwed from the inside.

Oh and another thing. The Soviets got their rears handed to them something to the tune of over 18,000 killed. US forces now have been in Afghanistan longer than the Soviets and haven't broke 2,000 killed yet. So give it a rest already. Unlike when the Soviets were there the majority of the Afghans this time want us there and do not want the Taliban back in power.

You know that to be true.

edit on 14-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda does not exist.

This is propaganda.

Read your history folks, Al-Qaede is the false flag of the 21st century.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You still haven't figured me out Slayer, I already told you my mom is from panshir, and my dad is from Kohistan, both areas resisted the Taliban, I was there when Taliban went on an offensive in Kohistan, someone informed us and we sat and waited in the corn fields (well not me, but my village was part of the fighters). I saw many dead Taliban fighters the next day, all dead, they said the rest retreated.

My mom is currently running as a candidate in Panshir province, check the images, she is the one with the green eyes, if you can zoom in enough..

edit on 15-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join