It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda fighters swell Taliban ranks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

OK, legalize the poppy fields of Afghanistan.

Import the drugs and keep the druggies happy.

This helps everyone. (not the druggies, but they already know that).

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Let them even form the government to lead the nation and own nukes. BUT should they ever cause harm to ANY other nation and there is irrefutable evidence of such wrong doings, then there is a noble cause to unite the world and wipe off these animals, as a nation state, if their own people had not destroy them themselves in the first place.

Who is gonna wipe off America for bombing other countries barbarically, not to mention orchestrating coups, civil wars, proxy wars, out right invasions, out right terrorism, out right torture, not to mention the only nation who has used nukes on innocent people, then again, how can you use nukes on un-innocent people.

America must be proud of having 5000 nukes

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Are you taking some of them drugs the US is protecting???

What was that post about?

The Taliban stopped the drugs, the US protects the drug trade..

Thats a FACT mate...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

My post was about decriminalising all drugs, Then we would get rid of the criminal drug dealers, the girls forced into prostitiution because of drugs, and the country would have more money to help people.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

ya, we only have that many.
so we must use them well.

bomb the poppies.

just 1 would get the message across.

mexico the same. say what? here's another!

anyone else?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by oozyism

The Taliban and Al quaeda equal freedom for whom?

For Afghans you dummie, remember when you called the same people freedom fighters for Afghans against USSR.. You guys are just too embarrassing to even discuss this issue with.

Men. Forget the women under their regime.

I live under the Taliban, many were happy, just because you saw the lead up propaganda for war doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. They lived in much, much better situation than today, but if you are gonna cry about women being beaten in the streets, don't forget to cry about police brutality in the West, where a teen was punched in the face for J-Walking. If only we could use the same propaganda against the US, but sorry mate, I don't have billions of dollars of tax payer money to spend on propaganda.

If you call a freedom fighter someone who hates women and cuts off their noses, so be it.

You know if US was destabilized, you would see the rapists, the women haters, the gay haters, the feminist extremists, the pedophiles, the murderers, the gang bangers, the cultists, the satanists blblabla, you will see them trying to leave their own foot print on American history, because they are what they are, but if they were defending the US by raping Muslim women (rapists), and defending the US by killing innocent Muslims (murderers), at the same time creating their own gangs, controlling their own areas, raping the women of that area (rapists), raping the kids of that area (pedophiles)..

If you can see what the above means, then you have a chance, if you can't, then the only option is to hit the reset button. You need counter brainwashing program to clear you brain completely.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

My post was about decriminalising all drugs, Then we would get rid of the criminal drug dealers, the girls forced into prostitiution because of drugs, and the country would have more money to help people.

Goverments make more money off drugs the way it is..

The War On Drugs generates plenty for them to share around and selling them isn't bad either..

Why would they want it any different??

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by oozyism

ya, we only have that many.
so we must use them well.

bomb the poppies.

just 1 would get the message across.

mexico the same. say what? here's another!

anyone else?

What is the message>?

Did you think about the innocent kids when sending that message? Like thousands of them? Have you seen thousands of dead babies, women, men.. Ohh shizz, isn't it you guys who always cry about the Holocaust and how sad it was? Because they kept feeding you with the pictures of dead bodies? Did they ever show you the dead Japanese bodies? Hundreds of thousands of them? Do you ever ask why

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Hi fooks,

Why not look at it like this - if drugs were legal, a lot of crims would go to the wall. We would be rid of the huge drug culture criminal element.

If drugs were legal, Afghanistan would get its economy back.

If drugs were legal, a lot of young girls forced into prostitution through drugs would be free.

And if drugs were legal, some people would take them and some would not.

Good idea?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
You might call the Taliban 'freedom fighters' - but that in itself is an oxymoron, as they deny decent afghans the right to education.

I'm not defending the occupiers either, but supporting the taliban is just as wrong.

No one is defending the Taliban, every world government have F'd up policies implemented in their countries.

Last I checked, in US hard working men hit rock bottom because of one mistake they made, suicide is sky rocketing, not to mention getting abused psychologically by the government through fines, not to mention the fact that over a million Americans are in prison WTF, not to mention thousands of people get raped every year. Yeah sure buddy, the Taliban was bad, but Taliban means students, they are here to learn, they show no arrogance.

The thing you don't realize my friend is, that if you focus on the negatives of any society, you will see how F'd up it looks, it is called propaganda, and the US wouldn't spend billions of dollars on it if it didn't work.

When are people gonna wake up.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

i appreciate your logical response.

but the same people will just become dubiously legal and still control said drugs.

rip it down and do what should have been done in the first place.

as too the drug addicts of the world, too bad. grow some pot.

no prob. making drugs will be/is illegal. way stiff penalties.

junkies are screwed, beaten black and blue for all i care.

10 yrs and it all will be gone. the rest of the world can kill itself.

let's see who is behind this.

ooozy, god will take care of the children.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Sounds exactly like what happened in Iraq**, this is dejavu.

Fixed. But yes, only a small proportion of these fighters will be linked to "al-Qaeda" and the vast majority are drop-offs from militia groups, entire militia groups who have been absorbed, or just unaffiliated religious loonies who fancy shooting at Westerners.

The guys with concrete "al-Qaeda" links aren't "fighters" as such because they're more valuable than that, they're more like terrorism management consultants and their bodyguards and they won't be getting stuck in unless they have to (i.e. we kick their door in). They are there to support the Taliban behind the scenes as opposed to acting as "regular" Taliban insurgents.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Read history, and see the resemblance to USSR's defeat, I'm talking about US's defeat, you are talking about how Al-Qaeda is the management of terrorism lol..

Last I checked anyone who opposed the US, or even a puppet of US who tried to cut the strings, is either called terrorist, or hanged (hence Saddam).. Last I checked the US blockaded, sanctioned, assassinated, terrorized, invaded, occupied, nuked, started proxy wars, orchestrated civil wars, tortured, and imprisoned people without any trial, the above occured to those who opposed the US, an empire, and all empires act the same, they just think they are smarter than the previous one lol it is called arrogance:

The West has made even more mistakes in Afghanistan than us, says Russian envoy to Kabul

www.telegraph.co.uk... abul.html

Now two empires are looking at each other and saying WTF, feeling awkward because men with home made bombs are defeating them.. At this point you must be punching the keyboard and hitting yourself in the head with the mouse

A common empire thingy, the British had their own terrorists, USSR had their own, even Nazi Germany lol, now the US.

Then again why would America spend billions of dollars on propaganda if you didn't fall for it

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
"You know if US was destabilized, you would see the rapists, the women haters, the gay haters, the feminist extremists, the pedophiles, the murderers, the gang bangers, the cultists, the satanists blblabla, you will see them trying to leave their own foot print on American history, because they are what they are, but if they were defending the US by raping Muslim women (rapists), and defending the US by killing innocent Muslims (murderers), at the same time creating their own gangs, controlling their own areas, raping the women of that area (rapists), raping the kids of that area (pedophiles)..

If you can see what the above means, then you have a chance, if you can't, then the only option is to hit the reset button. You need counter brainwashing program to clear you brain completely."

sounds pretty taibany to me.

which you be hard pressed to prove in part.

i still would bomb at the drop of a hat. diplomats my ass,, well connected idiots.

tear down the walls, you want help, you got it.

you want to fool around, no problem.

secrets? no problem, clean slate. you get to my level, kick it up a notch! don't ever expect my people come down to your level!!

edit on 12-9-2010 by fooks because: change word

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm not sure why you're going off on some bizzare tangent because I was arguing your side here.

Read history, and see the resemblance to USSR's defeat, I'm talking about US's defeat, you are talking about how Al-Qaeda is the management of terrorism lol..

Now two empires are looking at each other and saying WTF, feeling awkward because men with home made bombs are defeating them.. At this point you must be punching the keyboard and hitting yourself in the head with the mouse

No I don't want to break my things. We haven't lost yet. You're not aware of how many of them we are killing, are you? You are being far more optimistic than the Taliban are, talk about defeats when they actually happen please.

No-one is feeling awkward this is asymmetric warfare and there is a trade-off, they have big advantages as we do. Put simply, imagine if you and another guy were put 20 metres apart and were told to kill each other. Now imagine that he had his back to you, listening to an MP3 player and you have a knife. Now imagine that he had to walk down a line painted on the floor and you just had to put a bomb on that line.

Think IRA in the Troubles, they could plan their next bombing in a pub and dance drunk past British troops on their way home. An enemy like that is difficult to fight and our best efforts against them are always kept quiet, at least at the time, so neither you nor the Russians are yet in a position to criticise.

The al Qaeda presence, however small, is a force of various experts who may or may not have been affiliated with al Qaeda beforehand, who are there to give training in the use of explosives and other methods of terrorism, or asymmetric warfare if you prefer. I didn't say whatever you just accused me of saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
The Taliban and Al quaeda equal freedom for whom?
Men. Forget the women under their regime.
If you call a freedom fighter someone who hates women and cuts off their noses, so be it.

how quickly you criticize freedom fighters
when US Troops do things like Abu Grahab,
foreign occupation, murder, intimidation,
water boarding, depleted uranium, drug trade,
white phosphorous, corrupt governments, coups,
civilians killed just to get 1 freedom fighter,
drone attacks while they sleep,
yea I'd say they were freedom fighters.

edit on 13-9-2010 by boondock-saint because: further add

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Guess what.

The poppy fields of afghanistan were all but gone under Taliban rule..

And Guess what, THEY'RE back under US occupation...FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A nice lttle money earner I might say.

Yeah, well, you're dropping "facts" without presenting them in their proper context.

It is true that the Taliban tried to destroy drug cultivation during their regime (they also tried to eradicate music, TV, radio, schools etc), and made a better job of it than the Coalition Forces are doing today (dictatorships are generally more efficient at enforcing the law than democracies).

But it is the Taliban that grows the drugs today, which finances their war against the CF. This shows us that they set aside their own Islamic law when they need the cash, in effect just another wacky "the ends justifies the means" sect.

Most of Afghanistan's drug production today originates from the Helmand Province, where the Taliban is omni-present and the CF only controls the bases where they are entrenched, If they destroy the drug crops, the farmers will side with the Taliban, and that does not fit with Obama's new 'win the locals over' strategy.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
But it is the Taliban that grows the drugs today,

and guess who pays them to do it ???
The CIA

They also pay them NOT to attack US Convoys.

The Taliban are on the CIA payroll.
That makes the CIA a terrorist entity!!!
They sponsor terrorism.

If you can't defeat them
BUY THEM OFF !!!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Heliocentric
But it is the Taliban that grows the drugs today,

and guess who pays them to do it ???
The CIA

They also pay them NOT to attack US Convoys.

The Taliban are on the CIA payroll.
That makes the CIA a terrorist entity!!!
They sponsor terrorism.

If you can't defeat them
BUY THEM OFF !!!

B-s, I am aware of CIA's drug running operation out of Central and Latin America, I am also aware of them financing the Taliban (mainly through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence) during the Soviet occupation.

But, accusing the CIA of financing the Taliban today seems a bit non-sensical to me, and you will have to support your reasoning with some serious investigative work (no, Chomsky won't do) in order for me to consider it.

In any case, the CIA does not represent the Western world, it's just a pitbull they lost control over.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

CIA is paying Karzai's brother, and Karzai's brother has been connected with drug trafficking etc.. Some of that money given to Karazai's brother will go to the insurgents.

Not to mention, insurgents are already getting paid for safe passage.

Iraqi insurgents are being paid 800000 per day, to not attack the US.

Now they are trying to pay Afghan insurgents, to not do the same, to not attack Americans.. Mcrystal tried it, now patreus is trying it, how ever their names are worded.

The point is, the insurgents you are calling terrorists are under CIA + Congress payroll.. Which obviously equals tax payer money..

www.pakistan.tv...[POdxSwNX7qE].cfm

edit on 13-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Here is RT talking about heroin trafficking, Karzai's brother, and CIA:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join