It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of The ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. The Con Artists!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonguy
I have to say you really dont have much imagination when it comes to discredit all these people, especially Greer, I mean here is a guy that put 400+ credible testimonies before the world and you call him a poor man that lost his soul?...

Did he? 400+? You know this for a fact or are you just regurgitating Greer's press releases?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I have asked twice and now for a third time, who do you trust within the UFO community?

While I agree with a thread to highlight charlatans, I also think it would be well balanced to mention people who can be trusted. Or is it your premise that no one can be trusted and the whole topic of ufology is totally fraudulent?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

LarryLove.....

I have asked twice and now for a third time, who do you trust within the UFO community?

That's an interesting question.....

Who do you trust?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

While I agree with a thread to highlight charlatans, I also think it would be well balanced to mention people who can be trusted. Or is it your premise that no one can be trusted and the whole topic of ufology is totally fraudulent?

Trust no one!
Listen, take it in, taste it, feel it, look at it...But DONT TRUST IT...
Unless..........

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Frauds want money, and the real deal works for free is the bottom line.

That might be how it is in your community but here in the wider USA people are not to expected to work for free.
It is expected that Americans are to be compensated for their labor and that they will seek to earn a profit.

Hmmm...I see where you're going. Considering that there are 10 million people out of jobs in America, it's a darn good idea to hitch a ride on the alien/UFO bandwagon to earn a few fraudulent bucks!!

Now why didn't I think of that before?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The only guy who I found to be most credible is Timothy Good. I was first introduced to the subject via his books and Lord-Hill Norton's experiences with who I exchanged letters many, many years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The only guy who I found to be most credible is Timothy Good. I was first introduced to the subject via his books and Lord-Hill Norton's experiences with who I exchanged letters many, many years ago.

LarryLove.....

I agree.....Good & Hill-Norton seem to be "good men".

Some suggest that in recent times, Good has "stretched" into some "weird" areas.

On the one hand.....

That might be in an effort to broaden appeal & hence readership & income.

On the other hand.....

As per a famous investigator with whom I have discussed this whole , crazy subject at a conceptual level.....it is suggested by some that the more you truly dig into this topic, the greater the "weirdness factor" that becomes apparent.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I will take your lack of answer for what it is and leave it at that.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

So, is there anyone within the field that you trust?

I notice that you frequent these kinds of threads quite a lot and have always wondered if you are a believer or not?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Turiddu
In what ways did he "stall" disclosure or whatever you want to call it? He had an open mind and was willing to accept the idea of extraterrestrial life, but he wanted the claim to be backed by real and credible evidence.

My last words on this: Sagan was the ultimate debunker with his "yes, the ETs are out there somewhere, the Drake equation proves it, but, no, they cannot get here"

His basic argument solely relied upon the supposed absolutely invincibility of Einstein's equation limiting the velocity of objects. That equation is dependent upon mass as the prime ingredient.

I agree where this is concerned. That statement by Sagan who claimed to be a scientist of repute, tended to always think 'within the box'. Perhaps he hadn't heard of 'gravity shielding', on which many papers have been written by noted scientists and peer reviewed, available in the LANL archives. 'Gravity shielding' permits one to travel at FTL velocities without moving an inch so to speak. The massless electromagnetic plasma bubble in which a spacecraft is enclosed, does. So Einstein's theory remains intact. And Sagan's argument makes no sense. But hey, he was a scientist, so don't mess with his theories!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

LarryLove.....

So, is there anyone within the field that you trust?

I guess it depends on what you define as "trust".

There are many, many people whose material I read with interest. Sometimes it's a matter of whether or not one agrees with someone about an opinion, as much as it's a matter of "trusting" that person.

Sometimes someone you "trust" can simply in your own opinion be poorly informed, mistaken, etc...

Keane is an example of that. For example, in her current book in the section about the Belgian triangle flap the discussion of the radar issues is at variance with other available info. So that does not mean I don't "trust" her for having that in the book.....it simply means I don't necessarily agree with her.

I notice that you frequent these kinds of threads quite a lot and have always wondered if you are a believer or not?

And.....

I guess it depends on what you define as a "believer".

If you are asking if I believe people are witnessing "unknowns".....my answer is I believe they are.

If you are asking if I believe those "unknowns" are piloted by extraterrestrials.....my answer is I don't know.....albeit I hope they are!

For context, I note I have discussed my own possible sighting of an unknown (a brief "orb-type" sighting under difficult viewing conditions) on ATS Live & I have also written briefly about another detailed sighting of a very close & until that time, a very skeptical family member.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thank you for your honesty and candor in reply.

There's something to all this, although what will probably remain a mystery for some time yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I will take your lack of answer for what it is and leave it at that.

Second line.

Hold on! Patience! So who do I trust? Actually no one!

QED!

Now is that a bad thing?

By the way, with a gazillion pages written by these guys on the 'reality' of aliens and their craft on Earth, there's not one incident that is incontrovertible proof of the existence of aliens on Earth and their fancy spaceships. The closest they got was Roswell and they're still going around in circles trying to prove that some malfunctioning alien craft crashed there. In other words, has anyone in this so called UFOlogy field given any proof whatsoever? No! None! Nix! Nada!

All these deductions and theories of these stalwarts are nothing but inferences, assumptions, presumptions, suppositions, hypotheses, best guesses, and conjectures

edit on 15-9-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Okay, but why bother with a thread like this if you have no interest, belief or trust in the subject or its investigators? You are writing off everyone in the filed as con artists, so what's your interest in it all?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Okay, but why bother with a thread like this if you have no interest, belief or trust in the subject or its investigators? You are writing off everyone in the filed as con artists, so what's your interest in it all?

To beware and be aware of the con artists and charlatans who try and lead the gullible up the garden path!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I don't believe that's your reason based on the tone of your reply. However, you have answered and all can decide for themselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
In the spirit of the OP, although I'm idly amused by the bickering...

No one has mentioned the biggest all time Hoaxster/Fraudster/Con Artist of them all, Ladies and Gentlemen I present you:

L Ron Hubbard.

Here's an interesting thing to note:

L Ron Hubbard was a member of the Order of the Temple of the East or Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) before he went on to start Scientology. The OTO, as many of you know, was started by Alister Crowley who was previously a Free Mason. Free Masonry was started by the Knights Templar and they were created by the Catholic church. The Catholic church was started by the Jewish led Roman empire.

Judaism-->Catholicism-->Knights Templar-->Free Masonry-->OTO-->Scientology

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join