It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of The ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. The Con Artists!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Frauds want money, and the real deal works for free is the bottom line.

That might be how it is in your community but here in the wider USA people are not to expected to work for free.

It is expected that Americans are to be compensated for their labor and that they will seek to earn a profit.

It is silly to expect people to work for free and silly to think one entitled to the fruits of another's labor at no cost to oneself.

*This is so obvious that I think you are pulling our leg with your post.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
Stanton Friedman is on that list?

Yep! What can one conclude when he says, "Some UFOs are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft, and this is the biggest story of the millennium."

Oh? Biggest story of the millennium? How does he know that some UFOs are controlled by aliens? Where did he get this from? Has he any proof? If he had used the word 'probably' or 'maybe' then I'd agree. But what makes him so sure? He has yet to provide incontrovertible proof of aliens controlling UFOs. Well, that's what he says, right?

Now that's what I call a load of crap till such time he produces proof. Until he does that he will continue to be on my list. And if he cannot provide that proof he should just shut the heck up and stop making sensational statements.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well sure, but if you think compiling data ought to be called a labour you must have the softest hands in your neigborhood!
Labour my friend, splits your palms open and has you bleeding from ten places after a full day of it. Labour is done with muscles , and sinew. Hobbyist UFO data compilation on the other hand, is done with cameras, search engines, document procurement processes (FIOA) and so on and so forth. I.E. if its a labour, you are doing it wrong.
I garundamnedtee you that Collier for one , hasnt seen real labour in at least two decades, and you can tell by seeing how far his gut sticks out. The only labour undertaken by Greer as another example, is the ample time he has spent in the GYM. If he spent even half as much time in hard research as he does working on his already considerable physique, then maybe you could call his work in the feild a labour, but as it is, hes a face blabbering nonsense he came up with on steroids or some such anabolic substance.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
I wish that one of these days, someone would make a REAL thread that separates the hoaxers from the honest ones.

Me too but that time won't come until someone presents the world with a "smoking gun" of some sort. But by process of elimination we already know who we shouldn't focus on and that's a start.

edit on 13-9-2010 by cripmeister because: big circular UFO above my house

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wasted thread here.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So let me get this straight? Anyone that thinks outside the normal box is literally on your list> You have provided no evidence nor proof to back up your claim, so as for me you have just put yourself in the same category as the men that you have openly condemned. Hell, you sound just the msm that we get poured down our throats everyday. I will be cautious from now on reading anything that you post or writet

edit on 13-9-2010 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2010 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
In what ways did he "stall" disclosure or whatever you want to call it? He had an open mind and was willing to accept the idea of extraterrestrial life, but he wanted the claim to be backed by real and credible evidence.

My last words on this: Sagan was the ultimate debunker with his "yes, the ETs are out there somewhere, the Drake equation proves it, but, no, they cannot get here"

His basic argument solely relied upon the supposed absolutely invincibility of Einstein's equation limiting the velocity of objects. That equation is dependent upon mass as the prime ingredient.

Any decent UFO sightings definitely shows that those machines eliminate the characteristics of mass (instant stops, starts, turns, etc.). If you can allow yourself to appreciate the beauty of Clarke's "...indistinguishable from magic..." law, and/or the second line in my signature, you may come to understand the reality of UFOs, the mechanics of our secret triangles, and lastly, Sagan's role in being a front man for TPTB.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

I think the cold hard fact that none of the people you seem to be defending have EVER backed up a claim with hard evidence, makes it very difficult for anyone who knows logic and considers it a valid tool for thought, to accept ANYTHING they say on face value. And thats largely the problem. People who investigate and enquire, and who are actualy THINKING when they do , will NEVER accept the random proclomations made by the accused parties specificaly because they have no grounding in fact. They could just as easily be the blabberings of a madman as anything else.
Take Greer as an example. He proclaims that there is an element of physics involved with awareness and cognitive ability. A grand idea to be sure, and one which interests me greatly. When I watch a video of his however, he utterly fails to back this claim up with any form of medical, physical,psychological or alternative proofs, a body of work which points to that conclusion. In fact, the sum total of what he says during a seminar can be totaled to ZERO FACTUAL CONTENT. I have a scientific mind. So do others. Science demands fact, experiment, interpretation of results and other strenuous means of obtaining a solid basis for theory. But all we get from the frauds is faulty logic, hippyisms, unfounded prattle about holographic government (no one who knows a god damn thing would ever coin or use such a phrase).
These people give the whole UFO community a bad name by association, and so do thier thousands of deluded money hemoraging disciples. You must understand, that is what they have started, a cult of ignorance which can be tracked by the smell of empty pockets from the disciple, and the smell of overpaid fraudsters from the false prophets leading the pack.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Not proof like one thinks proof but stuff that shows they are con artists. I don't know who some of these people are and I bet there are other members who don't know as well. So I asked so that I can read this stuff myself. I don't doubt that many are con artists. I just want to see the stuff for myself. People are asking for proof of ufos existing so feel I can ask for the sources and links that show these people to be con artists. I know a few I have read about are quite sketchy and I don't read their stuff anymore.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'm sorry but this isn't a very good point regarding Sagan. The bottom line is that all he asked for was real evidence and the "believers" were never able to produce any.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This thread is, without disrespect to the OP, a tad pointless... It's clearly your opinion [as yes you stated] on people you believe to be 'hoaxers' or 'scammers' [ALA Disinfo agents].

But to post it as its own thread, 'warning people' to steer clear of certain people, IMO is kind of trying to direct them to your line of thought. - That then moves away from opinion and into dictation.

I happen to know Nick Pope very well personally; have interviewed him on a few occassions and even went out for drinks once or twice on [non ufo] business. He does a lot of thorough research and digs extremely deep before he makes any kind of comment, unwitting or otherwise.

To add him to the list because he says the United Kingdom is open to alien attack is a silly reason to call him a 'disinfo agent' or 'fraud'... Surely you'd have to agree?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
I'm sorry but this isn't a very good point regarding Sagan. The bottom line is that all he asked for was real evidence and the "believers" were never able to produce any.

For 35 years I have asked the same of many religious leaders, Buddhists, Jewish, Islamic, Catholic and others for REAL evidence of which God is the real one... well so far after all those years non of those 'believers' were never able to produce any

Religions take in billions of dollars from believers on blind faith... perhaps they should all be added to the list of scam artists as well

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

A very good point indeed, perhaps it is time we add "Ufology" to the ever-expanding list of human religions.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

To ask the question again. Who within the field of ufology do you trust?

I was introduced to aliens and UFOs through Tim Good's book and have always found them thought provoking and well researched.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I work for Free though the price is Freedom.
That 'should' mean everything.
I couldn't think of a more important endeavor.

Can you?
Your family?
Your State?

Do you want unelected czars, DOJ reps., Surpreme Court 'reps.' and a Federal Reserve bank bypassing Congress (all of these being strategically placed traitors), and the house of reps (some legit) speaking and acting on behalf of the 'people'.....you?
Well, that's what you have.
Are you satisfied?
No, you are not.

Reinstitute the 10th ammendment if you want 'change' anyone can believe in.
Here's a repost link of some 'worth':
The 10th Ammerndment was for a Reason; the good kind.

Next.....

edit on 13-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nick Pope? Wasn't he hired to do probably the most scientific research on UFOs ever by the British MoD?

I think he's one of the most rational people on the field.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Would these be on that list.........kinda like Dinner For Smucks the guy on the right is 100 years old or more........

the investigator thinks his story is bizaar....(doh da yaa fink) they need to be on the list.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Wow, you and youre dis informant agents friends are getting nervouse ehh, I understand since Disclosure is around the corner and will be comming out soon, no matter what you say or do

I have to say you really dont have much imagination when it comes to discredit all these people, especially Greer, I mean here is a guy that put 400+ credible testimonies before the world and you call him a poor man that lost his soul?... who are you again? whats youre proof? what credibility you hae? Nothing? well thats exactly what YOU are! NOTHING.

Good luck with youre life!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

Moonguy! Long time, no see. I'm sure you have a wealth of opinions on a variety of subjects...it just seems that Greer is the one that keeps you posting.

There seems to be a consensus that Greer is an opportunistic liar, fraudster and immoral huckster. It's a harsh indictment on his character and there seems to be no evidence whatsoever that he isn't.

For all your support of the guy, I hope you are at least getting a half-price discount on the DVDs.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Nick Pope's rational, but Dr Clarke is the UK authority on MoD UFO files.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any public 'scientific research on UFOs' by the MoD since the early 60s. The 'Flying Saucer Working Party' is the name you're looking for...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join