It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream about the school of knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hello,
I wanted to start this thread to see if any one out there has had the same vision/ dream. This dream happened to me when I was 19 years old, so quite in the past now, but it was one of the most important dreams/visions I have ever had concerning my own life.

In my dream my spirit guide was walking with me what seemed like a path, beautiful green grass, the sky a soft color of pink, the clouds orange and vibrant, and what was so amazing for me were the colors! They were so vibrant and strong like I have never seen it before on earth. I had the strong feeling I wasn't on earth. He walked me up to a building, old greek architecture, and told me that I had to go in there now, to receive my lesson. I walked inside a gigantic room, that looked just like a university lecture room, except the windows were very big and had no glass in them. I was sitting at a desk, and looking around. I saw a few other people around me , not many and they were patiently waiting too, and others were talking with people who had brought them something.

Then one by one 6 men started to come towards me with a book in their hand. They all put them on my desk. Big brown leathered very old looking books with something engraved on them in golden letters, but I wasn't looking at them too closely at that time. The men walked away then my spirit guide came up to me and said that these are the things I will need to learn about and study in my life. He started showing the books to me one by one reading their titles: Literature, Religion, Geography, History, Art, Languages. He told me these things would be very important for me in my life. Then I thanked him, we walked outside and began walking back on the path, and I woke up.

Needless to say it's been nearly 12 years since, and I have had to use all those things that were mentioned in my dream very often. At 19 I was thinking of working at bank, but luck or coincidence have it, I got another job offer, which lead me to travel around the world instead. So yes, I defintely had to learn geography, I really had to learn a lot of languages, and religion, since I have been to countries where they had other religions than mine. What I was working had a lot to do with literature, and I also had to learn the history/culture of the countries I had lived in. (I also ended up marrying someone with a different religion than mine)

I have met 3 other people, an Australian, a Canadian, and a Hungarian, who had had the exact same dream, but lesser, or more books than mine, and had this dream when they were late teens or in their early twenties, and just starting their life on their own. They too told me how they just 'knew' that they were not on earth, like it was another level, or dimension, where this school was. They all remebered that the windows didn't have any glass in them too.

So my questions are : What do you think about this dream, and have you ever had a similar one?
Do you know perhaps what this school was if you had the same dream?
A penny for your thougths....

edit on 023030p://f20Sunday by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
You should read up on Robert Monroe. In his trilogy of books detailing his out of body experiences in the "outer rings" or higher dimensions, he came across a teacher who asked where he had been all this time. Turned out he, and many others, attend school while they are asleep in their out of body state. The idea was to reinforce or supplement the lessons being learnt in the physical.

Robert had been skipping these classes unknowingly when he discovered the ability to conciously travel the astral realms out of body.

Good read and Monroe is a credible source.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

Hi 12arc,

Thank you very much. I haven't read about this, but I will now. I knew me and those other 3 people weren't the only ones having this dream. I'm going to go and see what I can find on Robert Monroe then.

Thanks again for your helpful input.

edit on 023030p://f56Sunday by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Hi RR,
Yes, this one resonates with me more than the other one, and i am really happy that i can share my experience with u in here, now.
This seems to me more of an astral travel than a real dream (as they are very thight connected...)
Do you know the cabal tree of life and his astral planes? Seem to me to be one of them but i can hardly remember which plane it was (sooo long ago...) This would also explain why others had the similar dream.

I for myself had a nearly same one in astral travel but i know it was just the first temple - malkuth - Your must have been abit higher...

Here is mine:

When i was about fifteen, i meditated and made astral travel.
Once i was getting on the first plane it looked everything silver shiny like in a full moon night
There was a forest around and i was standing at a huge clearance with well cutted but strange grasses.

In the middle was a white temple like the greek or roman ones.
Four huge white pillars holding a circled roof (more o f a ring, big hole in the mid)) and there was a women standing and waving to me. I quickly moved to her by focussing and entered with her the temple.
There was a black/white checkered floor, two smaller pillars and beside of them something that was looking like a small altar with candles, a big book, etc. ...
She took my hand and led me in front of the altar. She did something like a ritual with me... kinda blessing or initiation...
and finally there was a stairway occuring between the two pillars. I stepped up and finally reached another plane...

Then few month after this very intensive astral, i saw a book about caballah and the tree of life (by Dion Fortune) in the library and was interested in it. (But not related to the astral! Didn´t know about this before. Kinda like a fingerpointing from my higher i...)
I read and was stunned from the description of malkuth:
Clearance, tempel, checkered floor and the two pillars! Wow!

Then many years later i realized that this is even used by masons! And what i have made there was kind of masonic ritual!

FOR CLEARANCE: I never had any relations to masons or was one of them. I came to all this conspiracy stuff after i studied the spiritual, esoterical and magical cultures... (what kinda makes me so sure about certain issues...)

have you read the book "The art of dreaming" by Castaneda? A great book on the topic of mastering dream- and astral travel....

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i.

Jim

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Here are the most important infos out of this book:

There are the so called Gates you have to go through to reach the mastering.

The Gates Of Dreaming:

1st Gate of Dreaming(stabilization of the dreaming body): Arrived at when one perceives one's hands in a dream. Solved when one is able to shift the focus from the hands to another dream object and return it to the hands, all repeated a few times. Crossed when one is able to induce a state of darkness and a feeling of increased weight while falling asleep.

2nd Gate of Dreaming (utilizing the dreaming body): Arrived at when one's dream objects start changing into something else. Solved when one is able to isolate a Scout and follow it to the realm of Inorganic Beings. Crossed when one is able to fall asleep without losing consciousness.

3rd Gate of Dreaming (traveling): Arrived at when one dreams of looking at oneself. Solved when the dreaming and physical bodies become one. Crossed when one is able to control the Dreaming Emissary.Location in the body

4th Gate of Dreaming (Seeing): Arrived at when one is able to perceive the energetic essence of every dream item. Solved when one falls asleep in a dream, in the same position in which one has gone to sleep. Crossed when one wakes up in this reality, located only not in the physical but in the energy body.

DREAMING 5th Gate of Dreaming (bridging): Ability to use the dreaming body in everyday life.

DREAMING 6th Gate of Dreaming (transporting): To move the physical body to another location.

DREAMING 7th Gate of Dreaming (transcending): To step beyond this world with ones total being.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
HI JimIrie,

Thank you for your information. Yes, I have heard of the tree of life, and I agree your dream was similar to mine, except I think it was a different location. But I think both our dreams had to do with learning. I haven't been to the place you described, but I have been 'up there ' a few more times since, but in different buildings. I hope this sounds clear, and understandable. In other dreams I was in the same place, I recognized the same path I walked on in the previous dream, but I ended up in other buildings. One building looked like old greek structure again, but it was more round, and had pillars around it, and I had to sit in the middle and listen to a lecture on relationships, about sharing, and giving, and compromising, it was a nice young man who gave me and a few others this lecture. Odd thing was that he looked and dressed young, but his eyes seemed very wise and old. I've had other dreams like this but I chose to write about my first time, because that's what felt most important to me.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I really appreciate it.

RR

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have not had a dream specifically like that, but recently (past 5 or 6 months) I've been having more and more dreams of reading books and stuff in my dreams (don't recall what they say, sometimes I see english and other times it doesn't look like anything in this life). I also have been seeing symbols and I search for them on the net and books and can't find them. I wonder what they mean. Once, I had a dream that wouldn't end (the kind where you wake up and go back to sleep and start where you left off) where someone was teaching me something that I was afraid to learn, but they persisted. I don't remember what it looked like exactly, but I do remember it was tall and beautiful with flowing robes, and I think it seemed more masculine. I kept forcing myself to wake up because I was afraid to learn what it was teaching me, but he/it had other plans, Like I *needed* to know it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

hi Ellie Sagan,
Sorry it took me so long to see this.
I had dreams where I was at a school, and I was also shown symbols, and like you I tried to find them on the internet when I woke up but with no success. They looked more ancient.

I have also experienced in a couple of dreams when dreaming with an angel that while we are talking we are not speaking a language I know, but in the dream I would clearly understand the angel, and speak in that language, but when I wake up, I have no recollection of the language I spoke. I only remember what we were discussing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I can't believe I missed this thread. WOW! I had a similar dream except the only part I remember is the giant lecture hall and in my dream it was nighttime and I was actually attending a class about "Earth" animals, so it made it very evident (to me) it actually was not an Earth place. I never got books or I seem to remember a guy approaching my desk but telling him that I think I didn't belong there, that I had gotten lost. It's been like two years now and this was in my thirties?
(happened in 2009) See I didn't see the windows because I was in the class at night time...oddly I am a night owl... and the dream was really just a snippet and not as detailed as yours, But I stronly feel it was the same place, just by the feel of it in the dream, I knew it was vastly different and I also knew I was there before, but I think this was an astral trip and I actually intruded, Pretty dumb of me!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hey there Idyserenity,

I too have the feeling we went to the same place.
I don't think you intruded. Anyone can go there for lectures. Some are guided by their spirit guides or guardian angels and some just go there by themselves.
You probably went by yourself and went to the wrong lecture that's all. LOL
My tip: Next time take your spirit guide with you.

I have been there again since I posted this and saw a lecture about war between angels and demons. I didn't stay for the whole 'session' unfortunately, because my cat jumped on me and woke me up. So I only got a snippet out of it. About how angels prepare, and strategize, etc.
Wish my cat would have chosen another time to let me know he is hungry.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I've never been to this school, or if I have I am unable to recall being there. However I am very interested in going, so if any of you wants to drop in and let me tag along....

new topics

top topics

join