It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Oh and p.s. We want to go to college and get an education and work and take care of our children...we want to do it all just like SOME of you men, because not all men like to work...so get over it. Times have changed! It's just a shame some men are still stuck in the past.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

A better question: How can you respect yourself when you treat women like that?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
reply to post by King Loki

Oh please, is this another version of a man blaming sexism to soothe his sore ego? Apparently women aren't the only ones who turn on the waterworks when convenient.

And honestly, what woman really does that? It's very unprofessional, and I have never heard of a woman crying to get her way at work.

Yeah because you haven't seen it, it doesn't happen right ... how did you come up with that feat of cerebral athleticism ?

This is exactly what i have witnessed in every job i have ever had. And my mates tell me the same all the time about their work places as well. Its actually quite common and the fact that you deny it just shows you are willing to lie to win an argument.

You see men have a disadvantage when it comes to arguing, because we have a need for our arguments to make sense ... a disadvantage many women don't harbor.

edit on 12/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
That is certainly not where I am coming from and I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.

I reached that conclusion because you were calling out female posters (not by name of course) for responding in kind, yet said nothing about the male posters who were making the comments disparaging all women.

The difference is women in this thread are mistaking criticism of Feminism as an Ideology with dislike and lack of respect for women.

Calling women skanks and sluts, claiming that we're not truly happy unless we're at home where we belong, and claiming that we're all just money-hungry layabouts who want nothing more than to be put on a pedestal is not criticism of Feminism as an ideology. I'm a bit baffled how you could reach the conclusion that any of those things qualify as criticism of an ideology when they are nothing more than blatant attacks on women as a whole.

Would we be able to discuss how these clubs are possibility corrupting modern men without turning the thread into an anti-Men thread? Of course we could. So why can't the same thing be done with women as the subjects?

Such a thread would no doubt devolve into a "women are all whores anyway" bash-fest. I've little doubt it would only attract those who seek to blame all women everywhere for their own short-comings just as this and every previous thread on gender has done. Were a thread to be started about Feminism that took a look at the actual ideology behind it rather than gather posts declaring all women to be skanks and sluts, it would be a most welcome change.

Unfortunately the less civilized, for lack of a better term, among us will take any opportunity available to spew their hatred of women thus making all attempts at an adult conversation on the subject complete and utter failures. I for one will not sit back while myself and every other woman out there are deemed all manner of vile things by virtue of what's between our legs rather than on our individual merits. One man's bad experience does not mean that all women are the same and I reject the notion that I should say nothing about it when such vile generalities are tossed about as if they are fact. It doesn't make me an angry feminist, a sensitive princess, or a crybaby to point out sexism where it exists as some would claim. (Not saying that you would, but you know as well as I that there are some in this thread who would do just that.)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What I want to see is how many people lived in the United States in 1950

Of those people living in the U.S, how many women were working?

Fast forward to today, how many people live in the United States in 2010?

How many women are working?

I bet the number would be staggering, which would bring me to my next question...

With a lot of jobs being sent overseas and a growing population, does it seem right for women to occupy the workforce in such an aggressive manner?

Girls are being trained right out of the gate to compete with men for jobs....

Imagine, its 10 000 BC, a group of men are out hunting and gathering to take care of there families...

They encounter dangerous animals, as well as other rival groups of hunters

One day these men come across a group of women hunters...the men ask why are you hunting? Who are you providing for? Oh you are providing for yourself, you desire more than what is provided for you?

Well, I am sorry group of hunting women but your hunting is taking all the food and is now coming at the expense of many male hunters and their abilities to provide for their families

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Feminism:

1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Chauvanism:

1. aggressive or fanatical patriotism; jingoism
2. enthusiastic devotion to a cause
3. smug irrational belief in the superiority of one's own race, party, sex, etc. male chauvinism

Equality of the sexes is one thing. Most feminists I meet seek or percieve superiority over men. That is chauvanism.

I have never met a feminist who truly wants equality. Because if they did, they would realize that they already have it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
With a lot of jobs being sent overseas and a growing population, does it seem right for women to occupy the workforce in such an aggressive manner?

Wait.. Are you saying that women shouldn't work because men can't find jobs? Or am I misunderstanding you?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

^^^^^
Just another women over reacting to over compensate for the fact that 99% of what is said on this thread is 100% true.

Sad to see that card being played over and over again like a broken record that has never made sense, rather then take responsibility for some of their short comings they lash out like a 5 year old. Men this men that ... look at yourselves first and stop blaming men for your problems ... you guys wanna be equal .. then man up and stop crying about every bit of criticism that gets thrown your way, seriously ... your doing nothing for your cause except perpetrating the stereo type we are all talking about in here ... and basically winning our argument for us with perfect examples of what we are talking about.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't have all that much to say.....

Except, for me PERSONALLY, I am very glad to be well educated. I have had 2 wonderful careers. (I got bored with the first one, went back to college, and changed professions.)

I feel very, very 'liberated.'

I am very glad that I can vote, and I do my best to stay informed.

But for me, personally, freedom has GOT to include being free to "JUST" be a wife and mother and homemaker.

Honestly, that is all I want to do, and how I am happiest.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit 'A'. Thanks for proving my point by doing exactly what I said someone would do in response to my last post.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

That's exactly what I am saying

You are occupying a job that a man could have

Does that mean he is more qualified than you? no

What the man does have, that trumps what the women wants, is a moral obligation to provide at any means possible

This is in regards to the Feminist movement, and not solely women in the workplace

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I remember watching something on tv about some really primitive peoples, and the one reason a man could divorce a woman was that she wouldn't hoe the garden.

The man said "A good woman will hoe the garden every day."

This summer, I kept thinking about that, as I got out there and worked in my garden.
Those people aren't so backwoods - that was a very wise thing.

My husband is NOT a rich man. Financially we'd be better off if **I** worked and **HE** stayed home.
BUT, I'm the one with the high drive to learn.

I contribute so much to my household. We live SO well because I take the time to figure out how to do things so we can be more and more self sufficient, and I can make a penny scream for mercy. I think it's rather fun to do that. It's a challenge, and for the first time in MY LIFE I never feel bored.

A good homemaker is NEVER a financial liability. Be it man, or woman, I think every family should have one.

We have some friends - he stays home and cooks and gardens, and she works.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit 'A'. Thanks for proving my point by doing exactly what I said someone would do in response to my last post.

And I give you exhibit "A" of exactly what I was talking about .. thanks for proving me right as always ... all I had to do was plant the seeds and BAM instant return.

Those tasty tasty tears sustain me mmmm. Would you like a tissue ... ?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I have just as much of a moral obligation to provide for my children as my husband does. The responsibility for that does not fall solely on his shoulders. To say that it does places an unfair burden on him, and I for one am more than happy to help shoulder that burden rather than let him kill himself trying to support us all on his own especially with the current state of our economy.

I worked hard to obtain the job I currently have and you're out of your mind if you think I would willing give it up to someone less qualified whether they are male or female. Should I lose my job, that's one thing. To just quit so that a man can have it is quite another and I'll not be giving up what I've worked hard for just so a man can feel more manly.

Edit: And Loki,

edit on 12-9-2010 by Jenna because: Added my edit because it wasn't worth it's own post.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I feel sorry for the children you are bringing into the world with your attitude ...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

LOOOOOOOKIIIIIIII
You sly dog you

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Personally, I think feminism has failed because all it has given us is families that are exhausted and crazy high divorce rates.

I don't think it will ever be a success until every family APPRECIATES the role of homemaker, and also, until every family CAN AFFORD one - be it the male or female in the relationship.

Until that happens, the quality of life this feminism idea has given us, has only taken us backwards.

True equality should have NEVER meant that EVERYONE should have to be a wage slave with NO ONE working for THEM.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I wonder if you have to pay for day care for your children while you are both working

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine

LOOOOOOOKIIIIIIII
You sly dog you

Ive been with so many women in my life I can almost tell you exactly what their generic response will be to almost any line of questioning.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Truly a very unenlightened post and OP! Feminism is equality, nothing more and nothing less. And equality rocks!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join