It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Notice how defensive certain female posters get when general comments about women are made, but these same people have no problem making general statements about the inadequacies of men.

I find it curious that you comment on that but say nothing about the many posts declaring all women to be skanks, sluts, after men's money, and/or evil little creatures who think of nothing but how to destroy men's lives. What I'm getting from your post is that it's ok to say any of these things about women, but the female posters in this thread shouldn't say anything about men. If generalities are ok coming from the male posters, you should have no problems with them coming from the female posters.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I believe women are inferior to men on the basis that we are animals, when push comes to shove, they are the weaker side of our species...

I believe men and women can prosper together, however, you cannot say that we are equals

Basically what I mean is, if society # the bed and all anarchy broke loose...

please show me the independant women then, when push comes to shove

believe me there are all sorts of messed up men in this world would not hesitate a second to rape a lone girl

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as far as condescension goes.
I'm guessing you watched the video, but if you didn't, Bill jokingly says that men get paid more because, in the event of a fire or a hostage situation, women and children are the priority while the men usher them off the proverbial burning ship. I don't necessarily agree with his pay-rate argument, but the complaint still stands and makes for a hilarious observation on Burr's part. Glad you could get a chuckle out of it.

"Come on people, let's go!" "Yes, he does have a knife!" still makes me laugh every time

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Solution: don't get involved with a feminist. If you're a man and long for a traditional relationship, why become involved with a woman who doesn't value the same thing? My wife stays home with our son every day and I go to work. I come home and spend time with them both. Our house is full of love. It's because I found a woman who wanted the same thing as me: a traditional life-long relationship. There are still plenty of women out there who are traditionalists. Men just have to be able to resist the whores.

But it's true, feminism is a dangerous, destabilizing force in the world. Although it's hard to argue with a woman's right to freedom.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Also: what about male "sluts?" Plenty of those around, y'all have to admit.
Is that bad, too?
Or is that only vaginas must be sealed off and well-behaved?

Good behavior and bad behavior - I don't see how that is an issue which is gender-specific.
If you're trash, then you're trash, whether y'all got a penis or a vagina..

nuff said

(should i use paint to cover the swear words ?)

edit on 12/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Also: what about male "sluts?" Plenty of those around, y'all have to admit.
Is that bad, too?
Or is that only vaginas must be sealed off and well-behaved?

Good behavior and bad behavior - I don't see how that is an issue which is gender-specific.
If you're trash, then you're trash, whether y'all got a penis or a vagina..

nuff said

Hey you women invited yourselves to the male party. That's what happens to uninvited guests that just bully their way into a party.............if you don't like our version of equality, then GO AWAY! We didn't ask you to join us anyway. We men always bust on each other and call each other names and we don't cry about it. If you can't take the heat............get BACK in the kitchen.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Another thread where legitimate criticism of Feminism gets transformed into a "you hate women, you don't want them to have any rights!" thread. This "Misogynist" label will soon have lost its meaning due to overuse. Notice how defensive certain female posters get when general comments about women are made, but these same people have no problem making general statements about the inadequacies of men.

If you havn't noticed, this is an entire thread devoted to the "inadequesies" of modern women in the eyes of some men. Apparantly we are tearing apart society at it's foundations. How is it fair that male posters can make all the general comments they wish, but we have to hold back? The OP implicitly states that the woman's role belongs in the home. Some of the comments left by certain male posters are appaling. I am accually quite suprised to know some men still think this way. This thread is not a legitimate criticism of feminism, because the OP fails to look at any of the positive aspects of feminism, and many of the comments made on this thread are extremely biased and degrading.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Totally agree. But I have to say, its hard to find a girl that has those values these days. The most current girl im seeing tells me that she would rather be a career woman, powerful and potentially lonely then be happy with some one and just a normal person. Its rubbed in our faces, sex and the city being the prime example of nihilism and glorification of this life style.

From my experience most women in power love shoving it to the man and love the power trip. Now not to say guys arent the same, they are, but women seem to develop a much more sadistic nature from my experiences in the corporate world. Im for equal rights, but feminism is what extremist/ terrorism is to relgion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by slugger9787

Not the fault of feminism if no dad in picture, that is the fault of the male! How dare you try to blame the single mom as some example of feminism ruining things.

Why are you assuming that there is no man in the picture because of the man, would you expect the man to stay with a women who cheats on him and sleeps around regularly ... a lot of the time the women run away from the men or kick the men out or are just unbearable to live with.

No wonder Islamic people fight for their religion so hard, women are women and men are men, roles are defined ... easy mode for life.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
These things are very common in the western countries.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Henry Makow is just a silly anti-Semite, who is very likely a virgin. He wants to blame his lack of success with women on women desiring something more than to simply be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. (Disclaimer: I have no idea if Makow is a virgin or not, but his rants sound like those of a guy who cannot get a girlfriend)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with women getting educations and working. It's called progress; it's a good thing. My girlfriend has more earning power than I do at the moment; if we followed Makow's logic, we would have a lower standard of living, simply because she is a woman and apparently should not be working.

From the OP:

Women today are more focused on college and careers that if the right man walked into their life, they would easily brush him aside in pursuit of their own interests in financial support, in an attempt to sustain her perception of freedom and independence in life and from men.

Nobody decides who "the right man" is, except the woman. If she blows a guy off, it's not because she is a feminist; perhaps she just didn't like the guy.

edit on 12-9-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: Added last comment

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Nobody decides who "the right man" is, except the woman. If she blows a guy off, it's not because she is a feminist; perhaps she just didn't like the guy.

Exactly, I wish I could give you two stars for that. Not to mention the fact that if you really wanted it to happen, you would make it happen. The author would have you think it's all or nothing, where in reality most people wander somewhere in the middle.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhenomiumHey you women invited yourselves to the male party. That's what happens to uninvited guests that just bully their way into a party.............if you don't like our version of equality, then GO AWAY! We didn't ask you to join us anyway. We men always bust on each other and call each other names and we don't cry about it. If you can't take the heat............get BACK in the kitchen.

Totally agree, you see women you don't want equality, you want men to take your idea's of society and leave there own behind, as Phenomium said men who are best mates rip on each other all the time ... but try that with your girl friend who wants to be on equal grounds with your mates and you get a crying emotional wreck ... if you want equality how about you step up to the plate instead of wanting us to bring it to you. Womens version of equality is for men to treat them better then everyone else ... but thats not equality.

Men stomp on other men to work their way up in a work place ... but if a man stomps on a women to move up in the work place the is called a sexist ... this is not equality .. and there are many many many other example ...

If you want equality you have to deal with being equal you cant just turn on the water works every time something doesn't go your way and cry out SEXIST SEXIST ...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Society we live in today is like Alice on Wonderland. Feminism is something crafted from politicians and arrogant civil rights activists. I am not a religious man, so I have a very clear explanation for 'Feminism'.

In the dawn of man, women and man co-existed and worked together to make it through the day. The woman supplied the seed to produce the offspring, and the man provided the offspring for the woman to nurture.

Now, the sole purpose, and role of women, in the ancient world, was to nurture the offspring. You cannot argue this, woman have evolved to have milk in their breasts to feed their children.

As for man, the role of the man was simple. Protect the woman, and the child and gather food to provide for them while the woman cares for the baby. You cannot argue this, men have evolved for the sole purpose of being a predator, not a nurturer, as apposed to a woman.

Let evolution explain.
A list of physical and mental differences between men and women:

www.steadyhealth.com...
1. An average man is taller and heavier than an average woman.
2. Men have more bodily hair than women do, especially on the chest and extremities
3. Women are more sensitive to sound than men
4. Men are over 30% stronger than women, especially in the upper body. Although many feminists cannot face this fact, females simply do not have the strength or endurance necessary to be, for example, effective combat soldiers.
5. On average, girls begin puberty changing approximately two years before boys.
6. Men have larger hearts and lungs, and their higher levels of testosterone cause them to produce greater amounts of red blood cells
7. Differences in intake and delivery of oxygen translates into some aspects of performance: when a man is jogging at about 50% of his capacity, a woman will need to work at over 70% of her capacity to keep up with him.
8. Female fertility decreases after age 35, ending with menopause, but men are capable of making children even when very old.
9. Men’s skin has more collagen and sebum, which makes it thicker and oilier than women’s skin
10. Women generally have a greater body fat percentage than men.
11. Men and women have different levels of certain hormones; for example, men have a higher concentration of androgens such as testosterone, while women have a higher concentration of estrogens.
12. An average male brain has approximately 4% more cells and 100 grams more brain tissue than an average female brain. This is not connected with intelligence! Research points to no overall difference in intelligence between males and females. However, both sexes have similar brain weight to body weight ratios.
13. In men, the second digit is often shorter than the fourth digit, while in females the second tends to be longer than the fourth
14. Men have better distance vision and depth perception, and usually better vision in lighted environments. Women have better night vision, see better at the red end of the light spectrum, and have better visual memory.

This list clearly shows man has evolved over time to be the provider, the hunter, and the guardian of both woman and offspring. This list also clearly shows that woman has evolved over time to be the provider, the nurturer and the teacher for the offspring.

I hope I am not called a anti-feminist, because I adore my counter-part. They gave birth to me, they fed me milk, and they taught me. But the man was designed and intended to fill the gaps the woman missed, and the woman filled the gaps the man missed. You cannot be perfect at everything, and for arrogant feminist activists to try to be the man AND the woman, just puts the whole system in strain, and that is the system of life. Plus, woman have alot more and better qualities men do not, the train goes both ways.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
(Disclaimer: I have no idea if Makow is a virgin or not, but his rants sound like those of a guy who cannot get a girlfriend)

You know most men who rant about women are not virgins at all they are men who have had a lot of women and have seen them for what in todays society 90% of them are. I'll leave that for you to decide but if you read most of the posts in this thread you will get the idea.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't understand the male dominance over his wife? In Sumerian tablets from what I read they state that women were treated as equals. This dominance thing is quite mind boggling and I am a male. I don't even allow though a woman to run me over say the least unless she is hot.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Oh please, is this another version of a man blaming sexism to soothe his sore ego? Apparently women aren't the only ones who turn on the waterworks when convenient.

And honestly, what woman really does that? It's very unprofessional, and I have never heard of a woman crying to get her way at work.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I find it curious that you comment on that but say nothing about the many posts declaring all women to be skanks, sluts, after men's money, and/or evil little creatures who think of nothing but how to destroy men's lives. What I'm getting from your post is that it's ok to say any of these things about women, but the female posters in this thread shouldn't say anything about men. If generalities are ok coming from the male posters, you should have no problems with them coming from the female posters.

Men should not be saying those things about women - they are irrational generalisations which do suggest a lack of respect for women. However, you will find that males often say these things about females to get them worked up. Immature, but effective in many cases.

That is certainly not where I am coming from and I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. Disparaging remarks about either sex should be discouraged. The difference is women in this thread are mistaking criticism of Feminism as an Ideology with dislike and lack of respect for women. Hence the "anti-Feminism = Misogyny" equation. This stifles debate and changes the whole focus of the thread.

Let's pretend the thread title was "Gentlemen's Clubs" and the OP talked about how such clubs reinforce negative stereotypes about women and give men unrealistic expectations about what to expect in relationships. Would we be able to discuss how these clubs are possibility corrupting modern men without turning the thread into an anti-Men thread? Of course we could. So why can't the same thing be done when discussing Feminism.

edit on 12/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Well maybe you need to quit meeting women in dirty dive bars or at the local beer tent. There are plenty of smart, educated women that want the same things you want. So quit whining that you sleep with a bunch of whores that don't want to be in a monogamous relationship because you are the one sleeping around...so what does that make you?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join