It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread610639/pg3#pid9564774]post by
Oh... If only she had held her place and just cleaned the house and watched the soaps, without getting all these ideas about empowerment and autonomy... what a happy marriage YOU would have had.

How can you be so foolish to assume without any evidence that I wanted her to hold "her place and just cleaned the house and watched the soaps?"

You're obviously itchin to accuse but please restrain yourself and accuse me when you have proof otherwise you're just being foolish and needlessly antagonistic.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"her place and just cleaned the house and watched the soaps?"

how can you assume that someone that has three or four kids to chase after, a house to clean, meals to cook, laundry to do....
has time to waste watching soaps??

and well, have you ever watched the soaps??

when I was a stay at home mom of three kids, if I found some extra time, I guarantee ya....
there were more interesting, productive ways to spend it than watching some boring soaps!!

maybe that is what part of the problem is....
those women who are staying home, taking care of those kids....
well.....
their contribution is reduced to "tidying up the house a little and spending hours staring at a tv screen"???

by just as many men, like yourself, as women!!!

then, when the men decide that they are tired of "doing all the work" and being the only breadwinner, well, the women go out get a job, works her tail off, at work, then at home, and well....
finds out that her wage is less than the men's because well, the boss thinks that they won't be as dedicated an employee as the men are because the will always put the children first....
like so many men do...
so okay, let's all put the children last!!

ya, that should work out fine!!!

we work harder, more hours, and get paid way less money for it on average....
and well...most of our work is degraded to watching tv all day....

but, oh ya...it's feminism that is the problem....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
have you noticed lately...

Men are portrayed as morons that are completely helpless with their much smarter wifes saving the day..in commercials and sitcoms???

Its always the man who can't cook...kitchen on fire..etc etc.

The goofy husband blowing up the BBQ???

The sitcom "dad" always screwing up in social situations with his children or wife and getting "scolded" for it??

women can do no wrong in these media situations...it's always that goofy guy.

Why can't the female play the "idiot"...i'm sure 50% of the idiots in the world are women.

edit on 12-9-2010 by wrathchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

it seems like all the famale actresses, at least the young ones, are playing the role...
you'd think that would be better for you men....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
The problem here is that feminism, instead of changing relationships between men and women, sought to destroy the relationship between men and women.

Can't fix what doesn't exist any more.

Where did feminism seek to destroy any type of relationship between the sexes? As the birth rate proves, male female....relations....are quite the opposite of destroyed.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Unifem knows this and disguises its influential power as "progress". Women are lead to believe "freedom" is attainable and anything contrary to her desires by a man is "abuse". The mind game causes antagonistic behavior in women towards their men as the woman tries to provoke the man into validating her belief that her "condition", being a woman, is because of the man and the society he represents created by his gender to oppress women; she believes one she "sees" this truth manifest that following the feminist movement is a noble thing to do. Nikola Tesla called it many years ago. Feminism is mind control at its finest. Women today are being cast as "second rate citizens" and equality is the goal. Its another marketing device being offered to corporations by creating a new consumer group controlled by the NWO, Unifem United Nations. Society pimping.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
"her place and just cleaned the house and watched the soaps?"

how can you assume that someone that has three or four kids to chase after, a house to clean, meals to cook, laundry to do....
has time to waste watching soaps??

Who are you addressing? Because you're saying "you" but I don't know which "you" you are referring to. But it can't be me because the above quote was not mine.

edit on 12-9-2010 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This thread wouldn't even exist if more men really knew how to treat women and in turn got laid more.
It's so easy to place the blame on someone/something because of your own social inadequacies.
Strong, confident, independent women will respond most favorably to any male that is strong, confident and independent and not laden with BS outdated concepts of what a woman should be and act like..

Crybabies and mommas boys need not apply.....

edit on 12-9-2010 by whaaa because: had to reload

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Let's be honest, woman's liberation allowed women to be who and what they really are; even the ancient Greeks knew and after 4 horrible divorces, I know, women are a curse inevitably. Yes there are exceptions...I am sure there must be some, somewhere. Meanwhile, even Solomon knew and said "There is one good man in a thousand and no good women:...look it up.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This thread wouldn't even exist if more men really knew how to treat women

I find general accusations from individuals towards entire groups to be weak and cowardly … Those who do so I consider to have weak arguments and poor debating abilities because they know they’ll get plastered all over the board if they accuse an individual head on.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In the past, the male/female relationship was arranged marraiges and women as the property of their fathers and husbands. Capitalism and the modern urban, industrial economy destroyed that patriarchal, authoritarian system.

Feminism in that sense is just an outgrowth of capitalism and modernity, with its emphasis on equal rights for all individuals regardless of race, gender, color or religion--although not social class, of course. Although everyone is now a consumer in the marketplace and most are wage or salary employees of some capitalist concern, they do not all get an equal start in life, nor do they all have equal abilities to consume. Even today, the majority of people under global capitalism consume very little above sheer survival needs--if they can even get that much.

So basically capitalism replaces caste systems with the class system, although I would also say that families with inherited wealth do tend to become a new oligrachy or aristocracy over time under capitalism.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

When ever I see a post get three stars within one minute, before three posters even have the chance to read and digest what's being said...I know it's a collaborated farce

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
Let's be honest, woman's liberation allowed women to be who and what they really are; even the ancient Greeks knew and after 4 horrible divorces, I know, women are a curse inevitably. Yes there are exceptions...I am sure there must be some, somewhere. Meanwhile, even Solomon knew and said "There is one good man in a thousand and no good women:...look it up.

Sorry I don't know what went wrong for your marriages and don't need to pry. $ divorces sound like hell!!

Anyway the ancient Greek men had to my mind a rather err... wellll.. ahhh kinda fixation on the young male body.... Do consider this before citing the ancient Greeks.

Seriously individual cases cannot be taken as strong indicators as we just don't know what happened and don't need to know. Guys do not have to take second or third best....Everything goes wrong when people seek to change others. Just leave them the hell alone and find someone more compatible.

Women working full time in britain still earn 16% less than men for doing the same job in 2010. Do the maths...

my 2 cts

edit on 12-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i agree. women in america live in some kind of sex in the city fantasy world. they think they are so special when they don't realize they got the same busted a$$ as all the other women out there do. it isn't special or unique, it's the same thing every other skank has. people live their lives like they are being broadcast on reality tv, even though no one else cares about your drama and your problems and the clothes you wear, car you drive, how much make up you got on ect. i'm no brad pitt but i'm not the ugliest guy in the world and all i can find anymore are women who think they deserve the hottest, richest, and most perfect man in the world when they really aren't anything special themselves. life is not a movie, or reality tv, people got to be more real with themselves and just accept their status in life whatever it is. if you don't you will set your sights too high and always be disappointed and unsatisfied with the life you already have.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: mental illness

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Seeing as how you refer to women as 'skanks', are you honestly surprised that you can't find any of the good ones that are out there?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

what you got to realize is that most women out there don't respect themselves at all. they go around sleeping with tons of guys and then call themselves "independent". being a dirty tramp doesn't make you independent, it just makes you a skank.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

And referring to women as skanks doesn't make the good ones want anything to do with you. If you have no respect for women, you will only attract the ones who have no respect for themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I brought this discussion up with my college roomie but he wouldn't believe me. Now here's the evidence for it. LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

all jokes aside of course i don't think all women are skanks and exactly alike. of course i realize there are intelligent and interesting women out there. yes i understand this concept perfectly, but the fact of the matter is 90% of them are focused on two things looks and money. it is hard to say you respect 90% of women you meet with a straight face. some of them sit around and read books, work every day, and are responsible people. some of them go out, drink every night, sleep with your friends, and then leave you and steal your flat screen. truth is most women are just not very respectable.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Usually I'm always down to bash feminism but something I read yesterday has stunned me:

In Iran a woman named Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, was accused of adultery and sentenced to be stoned. To be STONED. IT IS 2010 for Jesus' sake and backwards ass Iran is actively pursuing stoning this woman despite pressure from the European Union Presidency, other nations belonging to the EU, and it's largest human rights organization.

DESPITE all of this Iran is, as we speak, unmoved in their decision to conduct a stoning and plan on either that or hanging the woman for "playing a role in her husband's 2005 murder" as says their corrupt police. O, and did I mention the murder accusation NEVER WENT TO TRIAL!

Let's think about this for a moment... Iranian corrupt police kill this woman's husband or know who did and won't bring the guilty party to justice, rape the deceased's wife, and now are trying to have her stoned or hanged.

This is absolutely terrible. Something must be done about this...

Here is a link www.npr.org...

You all get pissed off about this.

edit on 12-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join