It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

How hard was it for you to go to the police when this woman attacked you with a knife? Because if you did not care to go why should I care about the situation at all?

Your scenerio does not explain why men do not go to the police for abuse.

I explained exactly why most men don't go to the police and somehow you missed it, i'm not sure whether you are doing this on purpose.

Men don't go to the police (generally speaking) because they will no doubt be laughed at by the police themselves, they will be laughed at in society and more importantly the courts don't tend to believe it. The woman can quickly turn it around, accuse the man and then they will take it seriously.

If you can't understand that then fine but it is the truth and it is why i never went to the police. As for not caring about the situation, well that's fine i was simply using this as a real life example of why men don't go to the police.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

If the abuse is real nothing will stop a victim from his day in court, the only thing I could imagine keeping a man from going through with court over DV is he is lying.

I'll remember that next time a story is surfaced about a woman living in abuse because she is afraid to tell anyone. What a pathetic, spineless whore! She's probably just lying anyways.

You can't blame the people for the fear.

Same for a woman.

I have no sympathy for someone who allows another to abuse them then when offered with help court etc they refuse.

There was no court help offered. This has been stated multiple times and nobody has suggested that it has. Where are you getting this crap from?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Actually police now take abuse and violence of men by women just as seriously according to them. It took a bit of time but they are now claiming to be on point. Women's refuges and places of safety have also recognised that men are being abused by women.

The situation evolved from a slow start quite quickly.

I am writing about the last 2 - 8 years.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

In my opinion you are not a victim but a willing participant if someone attacks you with a knife and you refuse to file a report on it.

If you died from the attack, say a woman knifes a man to death, what do you think the police would do....not arrest and try her because she is a female and it is a dead man victim?

There is default help available for victims of abuse.

Victims includes all humans.

The choice to get help or not is up to the individual.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

In my opinion you are not a victim but a willing participant if someone attacks you with a knife and you refuse to file a report on it.

Then there's no point of even talking about that. I now understand you are just selectively silly.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I find it utterly silly and ridiculous that a knifing victim just waltzes away from the "crime" without reporting it.

And I am discussing it, just not the way you are. So go ahead and drop out of the conversation, you ar the one who made up the scenerio, I was just commenting on it.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The world is black and white to you it seems, that or you lack the intellectual capacity to understand what would very probably happen and has happened to men who report abuse. Consider that an individual who abuses another would be more than happy to lie to the police and it is what can be proven or believed which counts. So lets run through it shall we, step by step so you don't miss anything.

1. A man reports such a crime, of course he isn't injured because he managed to get out of the situation.

2. The woman is questioned and wanting to get out of trouble lies, telling the police she was defending herself.

3. The police tend to believe the woman because most abusers are male.

4. The man either goes to prison or spends a good chunk of his time and money clearing his name. Even when he has cleared his name he is still labelled, the stigma doesn't go away.

Also consider something else 'tater. I know a couple of coppers and while abuse is taken seriously it is treated in very different ways depending on the abusers sex. If a woman walks into the station they give all the help they can, if a man does they'll take his statement but when he leaves they will all have a laugh in the back of the station. Worst of all they will then see him as a suspected abuser trying to cover his tracks, hate to tell you this but it is what happens.

Maybe you should open a few books and get some information on this issue
The world isn't black and white and only simplistic thinkers believe it is.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Just to give you an idea of what actually happens 'tater, why not check this out, there are a number of men talking which i know you'll instantly accuse of being abusers but there is also a respected female researcher saying the exact same thing. The mere accusation of abuse is a brilliant tool, especially in divorce but also in simply controlling the man a woman is with, that is if the woman is an abuser i mean.

Domestic Violence - 1 in 4 Women

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And I am discussing it, just not the way you are. So go ahead and drop out of the conversation, you ar the one who made up the scenerio, I was just commenting on it.

I am not the one who came up with this scenario at all, but it's not surprising that you don't know that. You are just commenting on it, and that's about it. I'm actually thinking about it and considering the variables. Guess that's the real difference here.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Googled this woman; she has a LOT of experience with the issue. She was actual quite the pioneer for womens' progress in their protection for domestic abuse, I'm glad she was not blind enough to ignore the entire other 50% of the issue, and it's a shame she's taken so much flak for it.

internationally famous for having started one of the first[1] Women's refuges (called women's shelter in the U.S.) in the modern world in 1971. She was also the founder of the UK domestic violence charity Refuge. However, Pizzey reports that she and her work have been the subject of death threats and boycotts due to her conclusion that most domestic violence is reciprocal, and that women are just as capable of violence as men.

Wiki

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Yep, that woman is imo the epitome of what feminism should be, fair and equal. She rightfully criticises abuse, but does so on both sides and in the videos, if 'tater dares to watch them she will find that woman saying many interesting things, including pointing out that men are scared to report abuse because the police side with the woman and there is an automatic arrest policy whenever a woman accuses a man of domestic violence.

That right there is why men don't go to the police.

Sadly 'tater is just trying to push buttons rather than have a debate.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Atually tiger, the latest studies say its roughly equal with men and women committing dv. In addition women are slightly more likely to instigate the violence.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Really when it happened to me, while I was stationed at camp pendleton, with a bleeding head wound mind you, I was asked to leave the house. Even though I did not lay a hand on her, and got a glass mug broken over my skull I was the bad guy. Nothing whatsoever happened to her.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

yea I brought her up before and in the Men's rights thread. It is a shame she has gone through what she had in the intrest of truth and equality.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sometimes I just love perusing cracked.com

Check out this article on 6 Things Everyone Knows About Women (That Aren't True). Look at the Number 1 thing,

www.cracked.com...

#1.Most Victims of Domestic Violence Are Women

Making jokes about domestic violence is about as awesome as making jokes about genocide. So we'll skip the hilarity and go straight to the stereotype about spouse abuse: If you're talking about one person beating up another in the home, you're probably talking about the man beating up the woman. That's why everyone believes that bull# statistic about spousal abuse skyrocketing on Super Bowl Sunday. Men are bigger, women are weaker. Men are more aggressive, more violent, more prone to jealousy, and women are their usual victims.

When actually ...

Women are more likely to abuse, stalk and attack their partners than men are.

And there are literally hundreds of scientific studies with sample sizes in the thousands to back up this assertion. In the world of gender research, domestic violence is a subject that has been studied over and over again. The evidence is clear: When couples resort to physical violence, more often than not it's the woman who attacks the man first.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
just yesterday on the news, they talked about how marriages are the lowest theyve been in a hundred years...

this is DEFINITE proof that there is a feminist agenda out there. because i dont think these numbers can reach that low naturally...

GOD HELP US

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

How so? I am debating, and I do not condone abuse from either sex.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

I could just as easily blame gov't policy!!!

alot of men can't bring in enough money to buy $800 in food a month, pay the rent, provide healthcare for a family, warm the house, and on and on!!!

and well, this I believe, is about what the gov't provides....oh ya, forgot, the free education....
why get married??? just have the kids!!!

this isn't what feminism is about....the original feminism wanted equality, the opportunity to work for a fair wage, to have credit, to be married if they like, but have a world in which it wasn't necessary to be married to survive!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

I would have disagreed with you a few months ago, but here/now I cannot. I was raised to treat people with respect and dignity, but these days in the 'me me me' society, it is almost futile. I was taught to be respectful of women (holding the door, closing their car door, yes ma'am no ma'am, etc) and these things seem to backfire nowadays. Not only do they backfire, but they become WMDs. I've noticed todays generation is an emalgamation of thug lyfe, tramp stamps, booby worship, deception, sexual curiosity, and the princess mentality. It's a playaz paradise, and it's like a nail in my eye to watch it.
I was still a puppy when the Jane Fond bra burning generation was winding up. Women became empowered and they stretched it to the extreme. Women persued it, and society allowed it. I'm not saying it was a good thing or a bad thing.. just an observation. I can now see how feminism has evolved at such an ugly tangent. Up until a month ago I was still the gentleman until I got played. Being played a couple times is one thing, but having it happen enough times to have found the last straw that broke the camels back. These days I can't bring myself to trust a female enough to establish a relationship. The rewards do not outweight the risk. I've crossed over to the dark side (no respect for women). It's the definition of irony here. I don't care to roll the dice in the relationship game (dice are loaded), and buying sex is illegal... go figure...
Feminism seems to be another social manipulation within the 'divide and conquer' mentality. Women are the perpetuation of life and bloodlines. Men are merely sperm donors with a payday. Although we are 2 genres of the same species, we seem to be more incompatible as ever. It's no surprise to me these days to see single parents everywhere. The eye candy and trophy wife marriages are doomed from the start. Appearances don't make people compatible. That's a whole different book.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

But yet according to you, men have no concerns when it comes to domestic violence. is that not condoning it for females since you do not choose to believe men have a valid concern in this area?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join