It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good and lovely Sunday morning to all!

First let me begin my post by statting I am a female, I am strong and proud, and in no way do I wish for myself or my female peers to be Equal to a Man.

I happen to enjoy my superior view as it is NOW, thank you very much.

Gently joshing, men, simmer down, simmer down, just some female humour.

Let me begin by giving my thoughts on the OP and the article.

The OP cites an article by Henry Makow posted on Henry's website,( formerly named savethemales.ca),( I am certain an unbiased website to be discussing females) Henry posts numerous anti female articles on his website. (oh, right).

As to the article posted, which postulates feminism RUINED the male female relationship.

I say, judging from overpopulation cries by most of the media, males and females are having little trouble "relating".

Just to play along, I will skip a few blocks down Misogyny road, with MaKow. After I take a whack at a couple of gems from this MaKow essay, I will share some other opinions, from a quick web search, in which I am not the first to pose my rebuttal to MaKow.

From the article the OP posted:

MaKow pontificates:

"Yes but: Who taught girls they could have sex outside of courtship, love and marriage?

Feminists did. Feminism brainwashed young women to see husbands as oppressors and family as bondage. There was no longer any reason to restrict sex to love and marriage. "

My rebuttal:

No, MaKow, feminists did not teach them this. Above all else their Parents taught them this, in the form of being gone sixty hours a week to support their children, whom they thought they were having with a great guy, who took off with the twenty yr old down the road because his current wife had let herself go a bit.....or in the form of an absentee father, off in jail after a siring spree that resulted in sixteen babies he could never support......or in the form of a mother and father who are so strict their child rebels.....And of course in the time the PARENTS have left their child to their own devices, their child will find SOMETHING to fill the void, teens tend to go for beer and sex. Traditionally, of course.

From the article in the OP:

"Both mothers and daughters are victims of deliberate social subversion. A woman's career used to be wife and mother. She consecrated her sexuality for the man she loved, the father of her children, her protector and provider.

Young women today are up a creek. They don't know how to be women and men don't know how to be men. But one thing that hasn't changed is - men don't marry sluts. These girls are going to be left high and dry once their sex appeal has faded."

To which I say, incredulously,

Has MaKow seen the statistics on divorce? I happened to have made mother and wife MY career, and when he dumped me for a woman ten years younger, my career did not translate well into marketable skills. I went into tradionally female ways, babysitting, daycare, and all the while struggled to raise to fine young men on the way, while their father, who failed to protect or provide, went his merry way. I am not bitter or angry, I am proud that despite my hard and painful life lesson I emerged stronger and better for the ordeal, and so did my kids. I think MaKow's statement about women being left High and Dry is correct, but in the married woman stage.

Today's young women are NOT up a creek, and if they are they rented the canoe themselves and paddle their own current.

The article is clearly written by a misogynist. The disgusting and perverse lingering on sexual topics, in which the author MaKow gleefully gets to call females SLUTS, and talk about Blow Jobs being given by teen age children, proves this man is clearly anti female. Think I am alone in my assessment of the good Doctor?

I am clearly NOT Alone in my assessment of the good Dr.

On an ending note, I believe their is a concerted effort by men to degrade and vilify the power of being female. I consider myself femicentric, which means female centered. I wish men like Dr MaKow would leave the being female to us females, and get back to focusing on himself, and on being the best MAN he can be.

He can pontificate until the MaKows come home, but until he is a female MaKaow will never be the expert on us.

Thank goodness!

edit on 12-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: couple things

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Props to you, a fine job of analysing and I completely agree with your opinion. I would just like to add that the media (powered by...) is to blame..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well i know 1 thing for a fact women are getting more sexual younger and way more ... "sluttlier" ... would be the word I guess. When i was at high school its was so hard to get a girl to sleep with you it was insane, now i'm a pretty good looking bloke .. i was on the high school football team and had many girlfriends and it took me till i was 16 to "score"

Now my little brother who is almost the spitting image of me with the same kind of attitude and bravado in year 8 (13 years old) is saying women are offering him oral sex and full on sex ... THEY ARE 13 ... and when they come over to my house when my lil bro visits on weekends they throw themselves at me to ? (no way I'm going to jail for that lol).

The only thing i can put it down to is the way that women now act in the media ... music videos and TV .. all women do is wave their fun jiggly bits around to hook up with and attract men.

Its basically gone from having to court (cat and mouse) women (which is the best part of a relationship), to having to beat them off with a stick because they think the way to get a man now is to put out straight away, now no man will say no to that ever but then they expect us to respect them ... and you know why we don't, it's because in the back of our minds we are thinking ... if she slept with me so fast whats to stop her from doing the same with every guy that she meets.

Guys have you ever had "the" girl friends who has like 15 males friends and sits face planted in her mobile or day texting them yet if you even chat to a girl or have a girl on your MSN or in your mobile phone they go spastic. Women can you please explain that to me lol seriously.

Men want to be with a women they can trust ... and lets be honest people these days you cannot trust a women that is outside your field of vision for more then 10 seconds these days.

I think we have had a massive stereo type switch ... its use to be that males were seen as the cheaters in the relationships .. now according to my experiences and 100% of all my friends and just about everyone I know women are now the "Cheaters" in relationships.

edit on 12/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
How do guys feel at ladies' night at the bar? Why do females get free drinks just because they have a vagina?

That has nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with bar owners trying to increase business. Every ladies night I've seen though has just waved the fee at the door to enter the bar. Drinks weren't free.

Feminists will argue that they are allowed because the benefit is actually for the man; the purpose is to get more women to the bar than men.

The purpose is to get more people in the bar. If I don't have to pay $10 to get in on top of the $3-6 I pay for each drink, I'm more likely to go as are most other women I'd say. If men are looking to meet women and know that more women will be there, they're more likely to go. Nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with increasing the bar owners profits.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
All through history man has controlled women...she was his property!!!.

He was allowed to sow his wild oats...but she had to be pure.
He was an experienced man...she was a slut.

I am a human...and as such i have the same rights as another human.
It is not staying home and working 24 hours a day that is the problem...
It is that the female is judged by a different set of rules.

We are not in the time of the hunter gather period...we have evolved.
We are now in danger from each other and not wild animals.

It is the male who must control his animal passions...maybe then we would have peace and harmony
in our world...and our children would have a future.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jean59

Very wise words, Jean. I hope all who enter this thread can appreciate the truth they contain.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Who can afford a stay at home wife and mother? Some working couples do not even make ends meet when both of them are out working? The arguments are divorced from reality!

edit on 12-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm incredibly open on various issues, but when it comes to females in relationships and males in relationships....I'm very strict, but in a good way

I wasn't going to mention this, but just thought of it. Why is it that a lot of mothers love weak, compromising men for their daughters? I absolutely hate it, and I see it all the time. If you're assertive and strong, it'll be held against you. So you have these guys that walk around sucking up and kissing butts....it is not what men are supposed to be doing. No one benefits from that, not the guy nor the gale. Being unnaturally "nice" so as to not get the scorn or disapproval of parents, parents that more than likely had their own incredibly screwed up relationships......and they're going to show you how it's done. School enforces this weak, compromising attitude of guys as well.

I was thinking about this the other day as well. Women in other cultures are much more "giving" to everyone, not just family. I think it's inspiring to see compared to the culture in the west. Who knows, maybe real men are protecting of everyone. Culture and politics would be much different if women were more giving to everyone and men were more protecting of everyone.

edit on 12-9-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm all for Feminism,
I can't wait for it to leave the Gossip column,
and become an actual science.

Take abortion.
Men, for centuries, have had the political power.
To decide who lives and who dies, because government controls the military.
It's only natural that immediately after getting the vote
abortion becomes a political issue.

With abortion women decide who lives and who dies.
This authority has been recognized in political light.
Women argue abortion rights like conservatives argue military funding.

But Feminism and women's rights are not sciences.
Not yet.
What I see in this thread is a lot of men criticizing Feminism.
On the level that it is a woefully underdeveloped ideal
and, we are supposed to just love it, is similar
to the hypersexualized young girls we are
seeing more and more. Ladies, you
are in danger of partying through
finals and never finishing
your thesis.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Highly offensive, simplistic and part of someones opinionated and not so scientific nor even sentient blog.
Someone with an axe to grind no less.

I wonder where these people come from?
Some cryonics subjects from the 40's thawing out?

The pill changed everything. Get used to it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: I spelled "and" wrong if you must know.

How is it offensive? You dont have to agree with it of course but denying that women dont have the natural instincts to love, nourish, and care for their mate and children is not logical. Men, most real men, have a natural instinct to provide, protect, and love, in return for the main qualities in which women naturally want to give.

Feminism undermines these natural qualities and instincts in exchange for power and control which undermines the male's role in life; therefore the relationship suffers. Collectively turning men and women against eachother by competition. Ever heard that ol' song by Little Annie? "I can do anything that you can do, better!"

edit on 12-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: grammar

Couldn't have said it better myself feminism is part of their massive control grid. Destroying the fanily is part of the seperation.

Femanism, the gay/lesbian agenda, divorce, Children youth services, snitch lines they are all part of this huge monster we've created all in the name of Fear.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

"I know quite a few other anti-Feminists and they simply oppose Feminism because of the way it brainwashes women and how it incites dislike and mistrust of men. Feminism convinces women to feel dissatisfied about their lives and fills them with feelings of resentment and unfulfilment."

Just because someone chooses to explore or even embrace a non traditional role does not make them brainwashed. To suggest that women are brainwashed by feminism is deeply demenaing to any woman's intellect. " I can almost hear a voice (saying) "Don't you worry your pretty little head my dear". Do women actually need feminism to feel disatisfied with their lives?? Does anyone? Women can think very clearly themselves. The original author, not the OP is some triple looser who has a grudge about women and does need to pick himself up and get back in the saddle.

The anti femeinst analysis is a straw man because for every anti feminist that steps up there are a number of silent male supporters behind . It is always the way. I t is like this Koran-burning Pastor he has stood up but again there is many that support his views.

"There will be Extremist anti-Feminists that believe in those things you mentioned, but it has nothing to do with being anti-Feminism. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for being opposed to Feminism. In addition, there are a large number of women who oppose Feminist Ideology, so to call it an "anti-women group" or a group that "opposes rights for women" is incorrect."

I do not think that you understand socila movements? have you ever been in one??

Well let me explain there are three different categories.

1. Cadre - the hard core zealots.
2. the fellow travels, wannabees flakes etc.
3 supporters who offer reserve the right to critique from a position of support.
I have my own beefs with feminists and I don't like being calleda rapist because of being male. There have been corrupt women who have tried to run feminist nonsens on me but I believe women should expect a better deal and some of them are academically dazzling. I am a supporter that has right to critique the movement from a position of supporting it.

"As others have mentioned, another major problem with Feminism is that it selectively decides when equality is sought after. Coincidently, it supports equality in issues where women have the most to gain and men have the most to lose, and does not support equality in situations where men have the most to gain and women have the most to lose."

The overall priorities were always safety freedom to explore and equality. Do you really have a problem with that? I don't. I have got adept at assessing the lunatic fringe and not even engaging with them.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's rather boring to see this topic come up every week. I'd not even bother with it but there are a couple logic gaps here that people should think over.

One being the idea that Feminism was created so TPTB can gain more tax money from working women. This makes no sense. The tax base would increase exponentially if women stayed home and had more children. So would consumer spending.

Compare it to animal breeding - if you bred two animals - would you sell both? Or - would you hold one back to continually produce more animals? Which will make you more money?

The Right Wing wants women in the home breeding to make more bodies for their economic pyramid scheme and soldiers for their wars. It's just that simple.

Of course they won't put it that way - they know enough that such ideas will sell better via an emotional hook. Feminism destroys relationships! This works quite well on the men who have difficulty landing women. Won't someone PLEASE! think of the children! Never mind that throughout most of history children were not coddled - they were out working the fields just like anyone else.

Another thing you Right Wingers must consider is - if you are Anti Feminist you'd better not vote for Sarah Palin! In fact - you ought to be writing letters to her right now urging her to GO HOME! and tend to her children and husband. Will you do this? Will you turn off the TV anytime you see her? Will you boycott any movement involving her or any female for that matter? Such as Anne Coulter? If you really have the courage of your convictions - you must urge these women to get back in the home post haste! You certainly mustn't vote for them or even listen to them.

You know - I do believe Rush Limbaugh's wife has a job too. Better be safe and stop listening to him as well. Is Beck married? Does his wife work? You'll have to give him up too then.

And no more prOn for you either! Those women are working! and acting like sluts! Therefor, because you are so Traditionalist and Pro Family - you must NEVER EVER look at such material! In fact - as soon as you are through reading this - you must DESTROY any such material in your possession!

Oh - you won't be able to post on this site anymore either - because - there are women on here who have jobs! There are even pictures of women on here - some in rather tarty poses. To be safe, you ought to get rid of the net entirely.

If you truly have the courage of your convictions - you MUST do all of these things NOW! Anything less would be hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

well, thats what i was getting at with this thread of mine about webcam sex: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm trying to work out whether women have lost all sense of what its like in a relationship....

some people just don't understand and i've also bought up in other threads about women who work full time have lost the family values but not just that.... the working hours of today are too long and both parents don't get to see their children let alone get to see eachother.

edit on 12-9-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Keep pushing this radical feminist agenda, and then come back and look at society in 50-100 years.

Tell me if you like what you see.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mustn’t forget about Oprah when dealing with the subject of feminism… that woman has single-handedly done more to destroy the relationship between a husband and a wife more than any I know.

I remember during my first marriage when I worked and my wife didn’t. She would stay home like many women and watch soaps and this new celebrity talk show host named Oprah. Well it wasn’t too long before I started to notice a change in my wife as soon as I arrived home from work. When I would get home she wouldn’t come to the door to greet me but she would be sitting on the sofa looking at me with this evil eye.

It wasn’t until after the divorce and I had a chance to watch Oprah for myself one day when I called in sick and saw Oprah for myself. This woman’s show was inciting women to distrust and hate men.

She was a perfect tool to destroy the image of the male seeing that she stated she was molested by her cousin, her uncle, a family friend and raped when she was nine years old? Became pregnant at the age of 14 with a son who died shortly after birth. If this is true it’s safe to assume that she hated men and used that hatred to fuel her show.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I see quite a few people mentioning how bad things were for women 50 years ago.. some even go as far as 500 or 5000 years ago... mentioning how the woman needed to be pure and earnest, putting all her effort into keeping her family and above all her husband happy, while the man was allowed to do all kinds of bad things... However much this may be true, is that a good reason for women to want to do that as well? Instead of women wanting and grabbing what men had, the effort would have been less of a waste if the man had improved.

Women eventually adhering to the same values as men do, gives twice the mess... as has been shown in the last 60 years... All in all I cannot, for the life of me, call it an improvement overall..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Well it is in 1968 that the women that worked in the ford car plant in Dagenham won equal pay with men. Thanks to union intervention. Yes thirty-two years ago? people do forget easily. All of this talk about the big bad feminists putting ideas into women's heads are silly. If two people divorce I suggest you look at them first. Secondly look at their financial situations. Blame the big bad all-power feiminists was daft in the feminist heyday of the 1970s. Doesn't anyone realise that feminism in 2010 is dead and gone?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thank you for that beautiful post! Now I don't have to type all that out.

Don't you just love to hear some men rail on about the evils of feminism?
Very entertaining!

Originally posted by soleprobe
I remember during my first marriage when I worked and my wife didn’t. She would stay home like many women and watch soaps and this new celebrity talk show host named Oprah.

Oh... If only she had held her place and just cleaned the house and watched the soaps, without getting all these ideas about empowerment and autonomy... what a happy marriage YOU would have had.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When the housewife's went to work we lost the neighborhood watch that is why crime has gone up.
When I was a kid I would rather deal with some cops warning then the wrath of housewife's that controlled the neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Henry Makow operates under the fallacy that the world was perfect before feminism. Anyone who visits the rense website will continually run across Makow's under-researched, opinion-based "factual" articles. The situation between men and women has always been complicated. When people have repeatedly failed relationships they tend to romanticize times gone by, but trust me, trust my grandparents, trust all of western literature written from 1700 onward, the situation between men and women has always been highly complex. You're dealing with human beings, not stereotypes, and human beings are all individuals, with individual needs and desires. Couple those individuals into the marriage state and there is going to be vexation and strife.

I know many feminists that have successful, meaningful, happy marriages that have produced healthy, happy children. I know of many women who would not classify themselves as feminists that are miserable and divorced. Perhaps the true problem isn't feminism, but having unrealistic expectations out of a life partner.

I want the right to vote, to make choices for myself, to do the things in this world the way I think they should be done. I want children, a happy home, a loving, caring husband and father for my children. Those are pretty normal, non-evil desires, I think. Feminism is about unalienable rights, not destroying the marriage state.

I don't walk around preaching my ideologies to everyone. I don't even think they're ideologies anymore, they're a way of life for America and most of the western world. Life is complicated now just like it always has been. People need to suck it up and make the most of it instead of wishing for fairy tales that never existed. No man is born to be a perfect husband and father, neither is there a woman born to be the perfect wife and mother. Those virtues take maturity, self-reflection and an unshakable belief in one another.

Blaming feminism for failed relationships is an easy out. I expect more out of ATS.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join