It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Women want to be more Manly, Men turning into metro-sexuals (Girlie-Men). I can see the World turning
into the Life of old Sci-Fi Moovies, where there is only one gender. In the mean time, kids of next Gen will not
see any real difference between the Mother and Father in their attitudes.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have also noticed that a lot of the men complaining about feminism don't exactly seem like prize catches.

Don't get me wrond, I think there's a lot wrong with American society: I have seen it get sicker and more dysfunctional in many ways over the last 30 years, but I still can't see what the big problem is with the modern idea of women's equality. It's not as if anyone can turn back history and return to the past, and I can't believe any sane person would want to.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of my really good friends is a stay at home mom. She takes care of her two boys, is the treasurer for the PTO, and goes to night school to become a nurse. She is busy from the time she gets up until the time she goes to bed and I have all the respect for her in the world. She says she would be perfectly happy except for one thing...her husband is a sexist pig. He doesn't let her go out. When she falls asleep, he will leave and go to the bars and not come home until the morning. He wants her stuck at home so he has control of her. If she has anything to say about him leaving at all hours of the night he tells her that he pays the bills and he will do what he wants. She is miserable. Because he wouldn't ALLOW her to work she has no other option but to stay with him and that is what he wants...for her to have no options. When she gets her degree (and he is making that difficult too) she will finally have options. She will be able to do it on her own.

Let me say I HAVE RESPECT FOR STAY AT HOME MOMS BUT...I believe a woman should have a college education to fall back on. Not every relationship will last and what are these women to do when their husbands leave them or die? How will they provide for their children? You people that say a woman's place is in the house and the man should work aren't looking at the big picture and quite frankly during these times it is just not smart. This thread isn't about feminism...it's about degrading women and I'm done with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
oh boy, the 'nists here are going to LOVE this guy
the sexist oafs on this thread have nothing on Bernard Chapin and represent the cause of anti-feminism horribly compared to his balding, unflinching, and often humorous tirades of awesomeness. You want to argue with a men's rights author? Fire away, and preferably with a video reply, he will definitely get back to you on all pertinent issues.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

Well, let the record state that I would be proud to be a trophy wife. I'd love nothing more than to sit in my lovely house, cook, and clean on occasion. I'd love to never have to work a day in my life and be nothing but arm candy. Sounds like THE life.

Anyone seeking a trophy wife?

I'll do you one better and take a page from the C.O.R.E. Freedom Rides playbook:
Let all women know today is finally FREEDOM DAY! Let's all quit our jobs and make men take care of us!
That ought to crash everyone's economies all over the world.
Now with that said, I really would like to know just what the author of such studies is really after? I, for one, would love to see a list of all these "Gee I want to get married and have kids" men out there. Please name names!
Also the OP's calling all career women sluts is really uncalled for. I would like to know what the heck is his opinion on what to do when you make all the women in the world who work, jobless. Do you really think for one darn minute it is going to solve your issue, which unfortunately is unclear here? All I see will be men scrambling to fill every vacant job. THEN they will have to work 2 to 3 more jobs in order to have the same benefit as their spouse working.
IMO, I say bring it on. It would take less than a year when men are dropping like flies from real stress trying to keep up economically and too tired to have sex with their stay at home wives, which is always the biggest gripe to begin with. Let's let them have their way. Woo hoo!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Feminism brainwashed young women to see husbands as oppressors and family as bondage.

I don't know about you. but it's usually the woman that runs the family.

this song is so true.

I don't even need to read the article. That 1 quote just makes that article full of bs.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
reply to post by Jenna

I feel sorry for the children you are bringing into the world with your attitude ...

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....

You are not debating...you are been contemptuous .

Free will is our birthright, male or female...
Emotional maturity is what is needed in the world today.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I disagree with the article but agree with its premise. I believe it missed the mark.

The Feminist movement has destroyed gender roles in relationships between men and women. The biggest problem is women no longer need men but men still need women.

A mans job in his role in his relationship is security and to provide for the female and offspring.

As a society and because of the feminist movement the male role has been completely destroyed.

Women now how security from the police and the state.

Women can have more job freedom and are supported by the state if she is struggling with things like food stamps and shelters.

Women can even have children and raise them without a man's help.

Family law almost always sides with the woman.

These changes has made the male role almost obsolete, or also makes a man scared to commit to a relationship because if it goes sour he must write a check for half his stuff.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

So you bottom line the relationship between men and women as based upon money?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki

Im a guy, but like MeSoCorny, id love to chill at home and look after the kids and not have to work ... I have never worked out for the life of me why anyone would rebel against that. Feminism just seems to cherry pick every thing they want and reject any concept they don't like.

When was the last time anyone went out on a date and had the women offer to pay for the dinner ?

How many time have you been asked by a female co worker to lift something for them or do other things that women "cant do" ?

I also agree that they have almost ruined the term relationship.

edit on 12/9/10 by King Loki because: resize picture

Oh so lifting something for someone counts as what? Please let me know and how much I should ask for, because an ex of mine owes me big time. My neck was broken in a car wreck in 2000, he had back surgery in 2004 and ever since, until the break up, he never lifted a thing because his poor back hurt (unless begging for sex) while I have a neurosurgeon that was pissed at him for causing re-injury.
Oh, and not only that, I also cared for him when a male nurse (god would love to see men in old nurses uniforms) should have been caring for him because us women are just too stupid. Ha!
I still say give these guys cake! They will choke on it ladies, trust me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Women want to be more Manly, Men turning into metro-sexuals (Girlie-Men). I can see the World turning
into the Life of old Sci-Fi Moovies, where there is only one gender. In the mean time, kids of next Gen will not
see any real difference between the Mother and Father in their attitudes.

I don't want to be a man and I don't go out of my way to look like one either. Heck, would love to have some guy marry me and put me in a house for all time. But if men decide not to marry you for all of their stupid reasons (too fat, skinny, brown eyes, blue hair, don't put out, ugly) what happens to the surplus of women who don't have penis to support them? Back in the days that you guys are so envious about, serfs (males) were worked to death while the lord of the manner got the wife, sometimes daily.
I already know that men do not want what they are asking for here and here is why:
1) First, you would have to remove women from the workforce.
2) Their needs, once supplied by their employment becomes the responsibility of the state or whatever form of government. Now for a while, stupid men will kill them off until lo and behold, there are not enough women to populate the human race. (edit to include) Look up China pail babies!
3) Men will be worked to death to pay all the taxes on the supports for all these women whom they put out of work for ego reasons, and then the governments will say, hell, let them work more and more and more. After all, they complained so much when women had the jobs that they so desperately wanted so they must really love to work. How about 18 hr work days? LOL
Still say, give them what they asked for. Let them have it!

edit on 13-9-2010 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Honestly its awsome that we now have a choice to not sit on our bootys and just raise children.We should be allowed to have a job instead of cleaning a house and then being bored while the man is at work and children are at school.We need to be able to nest but we also need to have independance and a place we can goto and enjoy being away from the everyday drama of life and make money and feel appreciated by the community not just our family.I have the choice of doing either work,school or staying at home n doing nothing all day and i am the type of woman who prefers to keep busy and working.aswell as going back to school.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

Not saying its right or wrong either way but women in the work force has lowered the respect women give men.

Women are now raised thinking "they dont need a man"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

I don't think women have less respect for men, necessarily. I think it's more along the lines of being less willing to put up with the attitudes towards women displayed by many male posters in this and similar threads. We're just more vocal about it than women were/are in societies where a woman can legally beat beaten for daring to disagree with a man.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

Not saying its right or wrong either way but women in the work force has lowered the respect women give men.

Women are now raised thinking "they dont need a man"

We shouldnt be raised thinking we need a man to have a life we love either

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We did a study in our ladies group at church that was based on how women's roles have changed in the family as a direct result of women's lib. No matter what we (women) are supposed to submit to our husbands. That is what's in the bible and what used to be taught in the home. When towns were small and centered around the church this was the way of life.
Now we have these huge cities that we live in, where everyone's so fast paced and our morals and family values suffer because of it. I grew up in a big city, but live, and work, out in the country now. The difference in the way that I act and the way my co-workers act is SO different, but they were raised to be old fashioned whereas I was raised to be modern. They work, but they truly are submissivie to their husbands. They are definitely more "obedient" than I am. Not to say I'm all rebellious or anything, but it's just the way I was raised - to be independent. Well being independent ain't all it's cracked up to be! I don't mind working, but I have an 11 month-old son I would much rather spend my days with. I also have an 8 year-old son that I would much rather be at home cooking a meal that doesn't require anything out of a box!
It would be my hope that society can go back to a more traditional way of things before it's too late. Or is it already too late? I cringe every time I see the teenage girls at the mall with their cleavage showing a bit too much, or their super short skirts. I always wonder what are their parent's thinking??
I'm all for gender equality and the such, but I am a woman -I don't want to be treated like a man.

edit on 13-9-2010 by christine76 because: punctuation..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Yes but if you look at the film makers most of the top 20 are male. I am completely against the sexualisation of children ( well actually girls). Haver you ever heard of the expression "sex sells" again guess who fought against gratuitous nudity and the use of women's bodies in advertising ( even construction tools)?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Actually in reading the OP article and then reading your responce the only one who seems to have a chip on their shoulder or axe to grind is you. Just saying the overall tone and critical judgement you had of the OP article leads me to believe you were responding emotionally rather than logicaly/intellectualy, if it were an intellectual responce you would have quoted-refuted-quote-refuted so on and so forth. But you didn't, you just slapped on some labels tossed in some judgement and sprinkled on some assumption and called it good.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

You are describing a Narcissistic personality (husband of your friend) and while reading each and every thread it's blatantly obvious who they are and it's pretty darn easy to spot them.

The husband of your friend is not only showing typical NPD but with that comes isolation then psychological, physical and economic abuse...in that order.

Now put these Narcissistic personalities up against an independant and financially strong woman and they always run in fear. Many NPDs are usually found on all dating websites (sometimes multiple dating websites), in uniform or hang out with those that are in uniform, loves guns, have never been married or unable to keep a long term relationship, loners or have few friends (usually NPDs as well), and are a dime a dozen.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

I don't have trust issues. I now just fully expect a woman to pull something at some point. No hard feelings, it's just in their nature. Like if I play with a cat I'm gonna get clawed. I'm not gonna hate the cat, I'm not gonna distrust the cat. It comes with the territory and I'm not about to de-claw it, you get what I'm saying?

I don't go looking to meet women. I talk to the ones that stick out to me as I go about my life. I've met them in libraries, grocery stores, amusement parks, while traveling, Church, etc. Here is an interesting parallel for you consider:

How am I asking for it?

I'm a victim of these events and my only crime was trusting liars. How is this any different than a rape victim who gets blamed for wearing that short red dress? It would seem to me that just-world theory is alive and well. Why when a man is victimized must he be at fault but when a woman suffers we shouldn't blame her? Because, bad things happen to good people and no matter what you do or how far you go, you just can't stop some things from happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join