It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

You feel sorry for the children who will be taught that they can do anything they want, achieve whatever they desire and work for? What in her post was so bad? Should she give up her job, just because whiners like Henry Makow think women don't deserve to work?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wrong, thats what feminism says, but not what feminists seek. A very large portion of feminists seek dominance over males, not equality, and that is the problem, the fact is, women do have equality with men.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just another misogynistic thread created for one thing, and one thing only, to degrade women.

Nuff Said

Harm None
Peace

link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

i have not been in a relationship or on a date since 1998.

no, i'm not gay.

i just don't believe in women anymore. they waste time and try to play too many games. am i generalizing? maybe, but my patience for the opposite sex and aspirations for a survivable relationship died over a decade ago.

freedom is a beautiful thing,
et

link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna, if that is what you want to do, I am proud for you and support you.

I will say though, that our quality of life - this may be unbelievable but it is true.....

When we decided that I'd quit my job as a network analyst to homeschool our son, who needed help -

Our income/wages were cut in more than half. My husband works in housing, and then that slashed it further.
BUT - I say this honestly - we actually live better now.

For all the money we were making - we were spending so much of it to make it; we didn't have time for so much. I find it is very misleading to think "Oh, we make 70k a year now and can't make it, I have to work!"
I'm telling you - I promise you - with a good working homemaker, you can make half that and live better. Not many know this anymore, because everyone is afraid to try it.

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's great! Equality rocks! Hopefully theres an equal amount of jobs to sustain the women taking over the workforce. Who cares about the families that fall apart over finanical problems because hey were equal

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Me too. How dare I teach my children to be respectful of others, appreciate what they are given, work for what they want, and give to those who need help if they are able to. How dare I show them love and affection, provide for their needs, and help them grow into (hopefully) responsible adults. How dare I teach them to read and write, to question things that don't make sense, and reject broad generalities with no basis in reality. Sorry for them indeed.

reply to post by ADUB77

And I wonder how that is relevant to the discussion at hand.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
Aaron Russo claims that Rockefeller told him that feminism was created to destabilize society
www.youtube.com...

I am stunned that no one has picked up on the fact that this was a conspiratorial effort by the elite. You have to pay attention to this to make sense of the entire history for woman's rights.

You also must recall that by destroying familial units that your loyalties become vague and more easily swayed by media.
"You can have it all" is the most BS phrase to have emerged from the Feminist movement. You can have some parts of a fulfilling life. You can have contentment generated from that knowledge. If you truly believe that you can have it all, you are suffering from megalomania.

Lastly, by disrupting what appears to be our true inclinations of forming family units, we will have less kids. This has been a stated aim of the elites for at least 74 years. The head of the (once again) Rockerfeller foundation stated it in 1936.

Stop thinking you have a handle on the issue. Bigger brains and lots of them have spent decades putting you in this position.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It's completely relevant

1. You are going in to the workforce to make money, in order to support your children

2. You are then paying that money to someone to raise your children

Total contradiction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I was a homemaker for the first few years of each of my children's lives and have only recently gone back to work. It can be very fulfilling to stay home and watch your kids grow up, to see all their 'firsts', and see how their personalities grow. I greatly enjoyed the time I spent as a homemaker, and did figure out ways to save money here and there so that our lives weren't affected too greatly by the loss in income. On the other hand, I also find the job I have now fulfilling. Not in the same way, of course, but fulfilling nonetheless.

Homemakers get nothing but respect from me. I've lived it and know exactly what it takes to make it work. My boys are just old enough now that I feel comfortable leaving them in the care of someone else when necessary and I felt it was time to go back to work. I'm happy both ways, and with me working the time I spend with my boys is more precious even if they are driving me up the wall fighting with each other over toys.

Edit:

reply to post by ADUB77

No, I wouldn't be paying someone else to raise my children. I'd be paying someone else to protect them and tend to their needs when I'm not with them. Entirely different from paying someone else to teach them values. Regardless, it's irrelevant because at this point in time they are at home with my husband when I'm at work so I'm not paying anyone to do anything with them.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Jenna because: Added edit

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
Well maybe you need to quit meeting women in dirty dive bars or at the local beer tent.

Uh, I don't drink and I've never met a woman at a bar. So maybe you need to stop with the assumptions.

There are plenty of smart, educated women that want the same things you want. So quit whining that you sleep with a bunch of whores that don't want to be in a monogamous relationship because you are the one sleeping around...so what does that make you?

Well, since I don't go to bars, where are they?

I find it interesting that if I begin discussing my feelings and how my experiences with the opposite sex then my emotions are marginalized and I'm scrutinized. My ex-wife killed my unborn child and my dog. My ex-girlfriend exploited me and took me for all I was worth. For a monetary example I lost a 3 bedroom 2 car garage home. For a personal example I lost every Dr Suess book I read as I kid that I kept to teach my children to read. She just threw them out. How would any human being not be upset about that?

Or maybe that's just it.... I'm not allowed to be upset about that. I'm supposed to suck it up and keep all those feelings bottled up inside. That's why I can't keep a woman around, of course! I'm not nearly masculine enough!

You'll have to forgive me if I'm not about to let a woman dictate to me how to be a man.

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
A better question: How can you respect yourself when you treat women like that?

Treating them like people with needs and wants? I do just fine. I do not trick women into having sex with me. I do not pressure them. There is nothing degrading about sex. I don't see them as less of a person for having sex with me. So my self respect is intact... Care to answer my question now?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh gosh, ya'll don't get off on THAT tangent.

Finding someone to love you, the way you love THEM, and also finding this person with the same spiritual and life goals as you - or even in the right ballpark - that is hard for ANYONE to do.

If it happens in a bar or library, don't condemn it. It has happened everywhere, but so often, it just doesn't happen for folks at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Problem: Most feminists I meet are not about equality but female chauvinism. If they wanted equality they should name their movement equalism, not feminism, and kick out the loonies who think women are superior to men. They should also stand up for the rights of men should there be an inequity involving them. After all, it's about equality right?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Due to the sensative nature of this topic, I am going to try to ask this question in as neutral and in as general as possible. In the course of the male- female dating process, why is it still expected that the male ask the female out on a date? Should'nt women be asking asking men out on dates just as often as men ask women out on dates? Truly if we have achieved gender equality or if feminism has attained its goal, then this would be the case, right? And yet, based upon what I am aware of, this is not so. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

You sound a bit like my X. Content with 2 kids and 2 houses and 200K a year. What went wrong, you might ask?

She fell deep into a religion that 95 of the population sees as false.

I suddenly became a heathen in her eyes and the downward spiral ensued.

No pop culture or infidelity. Lost everything in a blink of an eye to a religion!

My story might be off topic, but we had and lived the great "family values stated in the post"

There are many pitfalls waiting when you are married these days, IMO more in depth studies are needed before claiming the family unit is self destructive.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Only girly men are afraid of feminists. Men need to grow a pair and shoulder some personal responsibility instead of all this crybaby placing of blame on women for their own inadequate performance in bed.

Really? Who are you, the Rock?

Any man that is feels his masculinity is threatened by strong women needs to do some serious introspection. Man up for Christ sake!

Easy, Konofargo, don't get too primitive on me. Maybe there are men whose goal in life is not to act as macho as possible, denying them the right to discuss issues that impede on their views on gender equality.

My GF is the ultimate feminist and I respect her for her independence, self reliance and strength.
Of course it's easy for me to say, being a brutally handsome, testosterone laden, paragon of masculinity.

Good for sheeple like you, but this is absolutely irrelevant

edit on 13-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

It should happen, and indeed it does. Perhaps not to the extent as men asking women out does, but it does happen. Some men seem to be threatened by it if a woman takes the initiative. For a personal example, back when my husband and I had just met I asked him out. He turned me down only to ask me out a few days later. Another time while out riding around doing a whole lot of nothing he stopped for gas and I offered to pay for it since I was the reason he was using all his gas, he wouldn't let me and actually was a bit offended that I even offered. To him my offer to pay for the gas was my way of saying he couldn't afford it when that thought hadn't even crossed my mind. It's a bit confusing really and experiences like that can make a girl hesitant to repeat it in the future.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You're all crazy.

Feminism only arose to create this ideal that women were imprisoned and must be freed. The only thing that happened was now they are slaves to their work because this insane society started requiring double incomes because people want more than they can afford. And they gave it to them. 400k houses on a 100k household salaries. I see loan approved for cars that are almost predatory.

Then if you do decide to marry when you're young, you're hit with a huge wedding expense setting you back 30-50k. Immediate debt to get your ass working.

And now the women, who are most maternal, are forced away from their children who are now to be raised by the renegade pop culture who glorify sex and promiscuity. Raised by the state.

All you feminists can enjoy your so-called freedom. The irony is you were more free before, taking a very important role in the household.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Understood, thank you for your insight.
Indeed, as a member of the male "race", it would seem that female empowerment is merely a threat to the male ego. After all, humans are dominated by their subconscious, and more often then not, the male subconscious is dominated by the need to be "macho". So what happens when women start being percieved as being "macho"? It would seem that many men would percieve that as a threat.

One would be suprised just how much of a role the subconscious plays in shaping a person's perception of reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join