It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods of Academia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

So you're asking 'what if there was a conspiracy among scientists to hide evidence for Bible creation?', and asking us to provide evidence for or against it?

Did I really ask you to provide anything? I don't see that .

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then what do you mean by this?

I have a new question for the scientific evolutionary members of our ATS community....
How do you know there isn't some findings, results, conclusions that have been hidden away?
Or possibly even shredded and trashed, to keep them from everyone, including you?

That question can only be answered by providing evidence that nothing has been hidden away or destroyed.

Obviously this is impossible; you can't prove a negative.

Rather, it is up to you to provide evidence that such a thing actually has happened. If you have none, the discussion is stillborn and the thread is pointless.

edit on 21/9/10 by Astyanax because: ambiguity must die.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Rather, it is up to you to provide evidence that such a thing actually has happened. If you have none, the discussion is stillborn and the thread is pointless.

Well to begin with this isn't some wild eyed notion of my own. I don't know if you noticed the two links I gave or no?

edit on 12-10-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There isn't any evidence to show that findings could be hidden. There are millions of scientists in the world, all with different sociopolitical and religious beliefs, it would be impossible to get them all to hide anything.

And Astyanax is right in saying:

That question can only be answered by providing evidence that nothing has been hidden away or destroyed.

Obviously this is impossible; you can't prove a negative.

You cannot prove a negative. But you can disprove it with a single piece of evidence.

If you say that scientists are hiding stuff because we can't prove they aren't you are engaging in idle and uninhibited speculation.

The extreme example would be: "Prove you aren't actually an alien spider that can perfectly mimic the human form that is on here to simply further the agenda of your reptilian overlords!"

You can't prove that you're not what that claim states you to be, but they can't prove that you're what they claim you to be.

As for the links? Sternberg has been subject to controversy Source

On his own website he lies about how the Smithsonian treated him. He acts as if it was an issue of intellectual freedom rather than one of dereliction of duty.

Something good to watch would be Ben Stein's "Expelled" with the subtitles that correct all of its lies, you can find the subtitles with instructions for how to get it running here

As for the Center for Culture and Science?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course. Of course. Of course.

Just try to get something published in the Journal of Consciousness Studies Yahoo on-line 'discussion' group , or the "evolutionandcreation" Yahoo 'discussion' group, which says that the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis 1:27) is neither the consciousness of the "self", which originates in the 'movement' of self-reflection; nor the consciousness of the 'thinker', which originates in the postulation of the thought of the 'thinker'.

Too many "scientists of consciousness" careers are resting upon the relentless censorship and suppression of such a point of view...

Just like too many Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' careers are resting upon the relentless censorship and suppression of the Truth that the Doctrine of "resurrection" was taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

Michael

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
they need to cut lose all these Liberal teachers, who seem to have gotten a foot hold in the education system.
I don't care if they teach darwinism, but Creationism should be taught as well...

Yes, in religious class where it belongs given that it's not based on facts...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Ok, So what you guys are saying is nothing in science ever gets supressed ?

There isn't any evidence to show that findings could be hidden. There are millions of scientists in the world, all with different sociopolitical and religious beliefs, it would be impossible to get them all to hide anything.

You make it sound like all scientists make a discovery all at the same time. I mean coime on.
We're taking about humans before we're talking about scientists. You guys need to get a grip on what you're saying here, cause frankly. I cant believe the crap you're spewing.

Corruption runs through the heart of every human being on the planet but it's non existent in science? I'll
refrain.
edit on 15-10-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Ok, So what you guys are saying is nothing in science ever gets supressed ?

There isn't any evidence to show that findings could be hidden.

Have you ever merely repeated this to yourself to see if it makes any sense?

When findings are "hidden", that means there is no evidence for them which is published.

That is what the word "hidden" MEANS.

My Iridology research has been hidden from the general public for many, many years.

Is there any evidence of that?

Of course not.

All there is is the research itself.

It reminds me of a story:

A man wakes up and the first thing he hears his wife say is "Are you mad at me?"

He has just awakened. How could he possibly be mad at his wife?

The wife replies: "Well, I asked you whether you were awake....

And you didn't say anything."

Apparently, the evidence that he was awake was "hidden".

Michael

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Corruption runs through the heart of every human being on the planet but it's non existent in science? I'll
refrain.

Well?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

reply to post by nophun

The Exodus Decoded" is bull# Randy

Ok, Seems irrelevant though. There's no way you can say that about those rock carvings. Or the interpretation
there in. It's not even debatable. It is carved into rock, that the waters were divided and Pharoahs army was lost to the sea. Carved in stone. Can there be a greater testimony?
Thanks for your reply by the way.

Sorry about my short last post Randy.

How is is irrelevant? Jacobovici is not credible.

You are talking about this artifact ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fc8d7340d1c.jpg[/atsimg]

He comes to his conclusion the spirals are really waves and this is a image of Moses being chased though the divided sea, COMPLETELY forgetting to mention those "waves" are a common Mycenaean motif.

Well never mind then that the Mycenaean were just right down the road then. One can find the wave motif in old Sumarian cylinder seals and on. And! They used them in the same way here to show or indicate water crossing.

What would you say if I told you that not only are their cylender seals from Summer that indicate travel to North America but there is actually a memorial petroglyphs of this event in the SW US?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the alpha and the omega

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/aee1f44facfb3aa6.jpg[/atsimg]

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

jesus, the first pharaoh and the last pharaoh. and a nice little crossing symbol, smack in the middle of it.

edit on 15-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

There is a passage "In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD". Eze 29 (about Egypt)

"Priests would recite hymns such as this one, for Pa-nefer:

"Awake!..May you be alert as a living one, rejuvenated every day, healthy in millions of occasions of god sleep, while the gods protect you, protection being around you every day."

The Opening of the Mouth Ritual

Several points here but God uses a pagan concept to communicate the revival of Israel.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying it's not systematic or on to a degree that could be considered relevant to the overall scientific process.

And when it does happen? Great penalties for the scientists in question. End of career, become a laughingstock etc.

If this sort of thing happened on a massive scale then there would be major revelations about it happening in the last few hundred years. There would be that sort of evidence as well as the evidence of the scientists whose research is being suppressed publishing it openly.

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
My Iridology research has been hidden from the general public for many, many years.

Is there any evidence of that?

Of course not.

All there is is the research itself.

It might not be published for the simple reason that it doesn't pass academic muster. You can't just publish anything, it has to follow scientific methodology, be presented in the proper format, and be testable and repeatable.

You can speak about the material all you want, so the problem isn't that someone is actively suppressing it, the problem seems to be that nobody sees scientific validity in it.
edit on 10/15/10 by madnessinmysoul because: Added second reply

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Can you guys provide a quick run down of the link I provided? Just your thoughts about these possible Smithsonian cover=ups. My Grand Father always told me, (May be it's corny , please bare with me)
He often said," If the river makes noise, there must be something in it." I have found this saying of his, applicable
many times on many different occassions. If not now maybe sometime. Just like to hear someone elses thoughts besides my own. This Ivan T. Saunderson sounds very reputable with an intrigueing story all his own.

Oh and thanks for your interesting replies everyone.

Logarock
I know I must conceade to you as for the rock carving. I realise art is never evidence of anything really.
Art is just art. End of story. Get a lot of things screwed up claiming art is evidence.
edit on 15-10-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Upstart scientists who find themselves in opposition to Darwinism. There seems to be some,

" Fear of the Gods"

amoung new comers to the many scientific fields now days. It seems that many times in the past certain findings by researchers have had some very negative effects on their careers .Is it just a coincidence that these findings all seem to refute evolution in one way or another? Many researchers simply won't publish any findings that go against evolution for fear of these vengeful Gods.

People have been denied careers, some have even been fired as I understand it. Many simply
refuse to research certain areas at all because they feel they may get into trouble.
These "Gods" are really just people. But these people are tyrants. They are control freaks.
They want to control what we all believe.

I have a new question for the scientific evolutionary members of our ATS community....
How do you know there isn't some findings, results, conclusions that have been hidden away?
Or possibly even shredded and trashed, to keep them from everyone, including you?
Most of you seem to ignore this factor. The factor of deciet. This is what's wrong with putting
your trust in man.
What if Steven Hawking and Michiu Kaku and even Dawkins and Hitchens only know what someone else wants them to know?
This is what's wrong with anyone telling someone else what not to believe.
When you only learn from other men. Then you can only know what other men already know. Or less.

above top secret

Above Top Secret

edit on 11-9-2010 by randyvs because: To add links.

Can you summarize what natural selection is for us? And what intelligent design is? Just so we know that you're half a pebble brighter than Ben Stein and his movie Expelled?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I always find it funny when someone states that something has been hidden from the general public, especially in this day and age. We live in an era of self publishing. Get yourself a website, publish what you think has been suppressed, and promote it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

I always find it funny

"Funny" you say?

In 1975, 1976 and 1979 I received Visions/Prophecies of the millions upon millions of lives that will be lost in the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel. These Prophecies were sent to--and censored and suppressed by--hundreds of media officials and thousands of religious 'authorities'. By the time I got access to the Internet, in 1994, it was already too late for the common person to be informed of these Prophecies.

when someone states that something has been hidden from the general public, especially in this day and age. We live in an era of self publishing. Get yourself a website, publish what you think has been suppressed, and promote it.

I got myself a website in 2001--meeting with a website designer at 11 A.M. on the morning of September 11, 2001.

The other events of that day demonstrated, yet again, that it was ALREADY TOO LATE.

And how, exactly, does one "promote" a website attempting to at least diminish the horror of millions upon millions of people dying by correcting the LIES and the errors of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities'?

By sending e-mails advertising that website to 'alternative' news websites on the Internet.

So I sent more than one hundred e-mails to each of The Drudge Report, rense.com and antiwar.com; and additional (dozens?) e-mails to infowars.com and any number of other 'alternative' websites on the Internet...

Not one of which would publish any of my writings on the theological origin of the conflicts in the Middle East which will result in such horrors.

(The Jerusalem Post, for example, even published a link to a Hamas website--dedicated to violence against the Israel--rather than publishing a link to my website explaining the theological origins of such violence.)

So, sit back and laugh if you want....

And for as LONG as you can.

When this delusion you call the "peace process" collapses catastrophically, there will be VERY few who will be laughing.

Michael
edit on 18-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: clarification of number of e-mails

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Nice diatribe. Can you tell me what it had to do with your original comment that your iridology research has been suppressed? I didn't think so.

Sorry if my point was too vague. What I was suggesting was that, if you have scientific research regarding the field of iridology, you make it publicly available in its entirety and let people judge it for themselves. Open it up to peer-review in a public forum. You obviously already have an internet connection. Webhosting is free (if you can put up with banner ads) or close to it. You could easily do these things. There's no such thing as information that is hidden from the public if the owner of that information doesn't want it to be.
edit on 18/10/2010 by iterationzero because: typo.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

In 1975, 1976 and 1979 I received Visions/Prophecies of the millions upon millions of lives that will be lost in the "time of trouble" Prophesied by Daniel. These Prophecies were sent to--and censored and suppressed by--hundreds of media officials and thousands of religious 'authorities'. By the time I got access to the Internet, in 1994, it was already too late for the common person to be informed of these Prophecies.

Um...it's 2010 and millions of lives have yet to be lost in the 'time of trouble'. Get on blogger or something.

I got myself a website in 2001--meeting with a website designer at 11 A.M. on the morning of September 11, 2001.

The other events of that day demonstrated, yet again, that it was ALREADY TOO LATE.

So it took you 7 years to make a website? I had a website in 1997 and I was a child at that point. Granted it was really just about science fiction stuff I made up, but it was still a website.

And honestly, saying you predicted 9/11? If I had that sort of info I doubt anything could stop me from promoting it within 7 years.

And how, exactly, does one "promote" a website attempting to at least diminish the horror of millions upon millions of people dying by correcting the LIES and the errors of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities'?

I dunno, good networking? I mean, by 1994 they had those 'web rings' or whatever they were called of associated websites. Joining one of those could have given you access to thousands of people. If they thought you were telling the truth you could have gotten a lot of word of mouth followers.

By sending e-mails advertising that website to 'alternative' news websites on the Internet.

So I sent more than one hundred e-mails to each of The Drudge Report, rense.com and antiwar.com; and additional (dozens?) e-mails to infowars.com and any number of other 'alternative' websites on the Internet...

Not one of which would publish any of my writings on the theological origin of the conflicts in the Middle East which will result in such horrors.

Maybe they didn't publish it because it's...and here me out here...not correct?

Also, sending 100 e-mails to drudge? Bit much. And Drudge doesn't deal in prophecy.

Here's a crazy thought: publish some of the stuff here. It's a forum where you can publish anything you want. Start a thread, add it into your signature, let people see it.

(The Jerusalem Post, for example, even published a link to a Hamas website--dedicated to violence against the Israel--rather than publishing a link to my website explaining the theological origins of such violence.)

Again, maybe you were wrong. And honestly, Israel is a state, states aren't immune to threats of violence. Journalism is not supposed to turn a blind eye to opinions simply because of who they come from.

When this delusion you call the "peace process" collapses catastrophically, there will be VERY few who will be laughing.

I see a pattern in your posts, lots of off-topic stuff. This is a thread about supposed institutional oppression of ideas in the scientific community related to biological, cosmological, and chemical sciences. You're talking about prophecy.

As I've said to you before: Start your own thread about this stuff, it doesn't belong here.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by imnotbncre8ive

First you tell me, how much responsibility am I going to have to bare, if I do turn out to be that half pebble brighter?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
interesting title, Gods of Academia...

nuff said

3rd line.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/27/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join