It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the end of the world prevented -- in 1945?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have an uncle who told me the following, during a long sit in the living room having drinks and eating chips & dip while watching last year's Super Bowl. (I come from a family of big football fans
) I'm relaying it to you because I find it to be an interesting theory, and I don't know enough about the Bible or Revelations to back up his ideas -- or shoot them down, as it were.

So, help me out! I'm not trying to do either; just testing the waters to see what other people think about his idea... So, here it is!

First, he says that Revelations tells of how the world will end if the Anti-Christ is allowed to conquer the Earth -- but that the end of the world is not guaranteed; only that it is stated that the world will end if the Anti-Christ conquers Earth. He says that this was the ultimate test of humanity, and if we had failed, the world would have ended in destruction...

In short, Adolf Hitler WAS the Anti-Christ, and World War II was the "Battle of Armageddon". If Hitler's Nazis had developed nuclear weapons first, they would have carpet bombed the surface of the Earth in an attempt to rid of the world of "imperfect" people and conquer the whole planet. (Just like Hitler attacked his former "ally" the USSR, he also had plans to attack his "ally" Japan after he had a nuclear arsenal to use at will.) Fortunately, the Allies developed nuclear weapons first, and ended Hitler's reign of madness (which lasted 7 years, by the way -- 1939 to 1945). Because we were able to beat the Anti-Christ in World War II, the Earth will live on, and God knows that we are capable of exploring the stars now.

Sounds nice, doens't it? It's the first religious prediction I'd ever heard that wasn't all doom and gloom. BTW, he also said that all the colorful descriptions in Revelations were the modern technology used in World War II that the author (was it Paul?) didn't understand what he was seeing in his visions...

So, there you have it. What do you think? Is my uncle onto something, or has he had one too many Miller Lites?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I like this theory, we can only hope it's true. Can you give me an example of what this prophet saw in his visions?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH
I like this theory, we can only hope it's true. Can you give me an example of what this prophet saw in his visions?

Well, all that crazy stuff that the writer of Revelations (I'm still thinking it was Paul the Apostle, but I'm not sure) saw when he was sitting around having visions almost 2000 years ago; so I guess you have to read the book of Revelations in the Bible to see examples. You know, four horses of death, fires wiping out everything, earthquakes, etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hitler never declared himself God. The Two Wintness's were not seen by all mankind, 1/3 of humanity did not die....just to name a few....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have heard this theory before, and I like it. It makes sense, and it follows everything else in religion. It lacks exact proof, and therefore is based on faith.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Writer of Revelations is John, just to let yall know.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am not sure if this theory is true but, it is comforting to know that the ending battle could be won.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Hitler never declared himself God. The Two Wintness's were not seen by all mankind, 1/3 of humanity did not die....just to name a few....

how many jews died though? i know millions did. perhaps it was about 1/3 of the jewish population that died? and john the apostle was jewish, so maybe he was just referring to the jewish population.

two cents.

EDIT: i know next to nothing of the bible... 12 years of catholic edumacation sure did pay off!

anyway, i'm sure i'm wrong about this, but...

the four horsemen: germany, japan, italy, and russia or austria
the two witnesses: great britain and the united states
hitler did not declare himself god, but he declared the aryan race the greatest of all... in essence, godlike compared to other races.
and if 1/3 of the jewish population did die, then it would fit with what i said.

[edit on 6/23/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The only half truth in that story is that Hitler intended to Nuke New York and possibly Maryland. In an attempt to get the US to Capitulate and retreat from Europe, until such time that he had regained the naval strength to "invade" the US, which he had hoped would be unchallenged for fear of another Nuke attack on a major city. Hitler would not have carpet bombed the planet as that would ensure his own destruction. Nor did the Germans have the processing resources to build enough Nukes to accomplish that, as it was building just two bombs would have required massive amounts of resources to be diverted to the assembly of the first nukes and would limit the already damaged war industry in Germany to depoly additional ground and air armorments. This was the error in Hitlers planning that he did not continue the production of war machinery after he a massed the intial inventories. Had he continued with the massive rate of production throughout the "conquest" years his airpower would have been unmatched and the ground armorment would have been almost unstoppable. Certain decision, like the attack of Stalingrad and Moscow out of spite and blantant disregard for any strategic planning further accelerated the atttrition of the German military allowing the US and Allied forces to beat back the Germans from their controlled territories. While the US was tipped off that the Germans were developing the bomb, the US made it high priority to capture the German scientists and to give them a "cushy" option to come to America where the US employed them to continue the development of the bomb on behalf of the US.

The Germans wanted to nuke (A) US city in a last ditch effort to gain time to rebuild their forces and to bring their new airframe production plants online that were transported into the Alps and into parts of Russia.

Revelations is a warning to mankind to be weary of wondering off the path of GOD. If we do, then that will open the pandoras box of "Evil" and man kind will fall to acts of great wickedness.

And I doubt that Hitler was the Anti-Christ. neat idea, but lacking on so many levels.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thats a very interesting idea... I dont believe too much in the bible but i guess its an interesting idea...
i dont know alot about hitler and wwii but...didnt hitler kill himself? If he was the antichrist why would he want to banish himself from the world, just giving up like that...
idk...just want to contradict

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I do believe the Bible says that there will be many anti-Christs. And I do believe that Hitler was as close to an anti-Christ, if not a anti-Christ, as a human being can get. But I don't think anyone can say for sure that Hitler was the anti-Christ of the Book of Revelation. If you read the Book of Revelation it is not humanity that defeats the final anti-Christ but the return of Jesus Christ.

I'm not sure that the end of the world was prevented in 1945 but a great world evil was put down.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I heard that Jesus/God ended the second world war short

Maby this has something to do with it (i believe it was in one of the 3 Fatima secrets but not the 3rd)

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
The only half truth in that story is that Hitler intended to Nuke New York and possibly Maryland. In an attempt to get the US to Capitulate and retreat from Europe, until such time that he had regained the naval strength to "invade" the US, which he had hoped would be unchallenged for fear of another Nuke attack on a major city. Hitler would not have carpet bombed the planet as that would ensure his own destruction. Nor did the Germans have the processing resources to build enough Nukes to accomplish that, as it was building just two bombs would have required massive amounts of resources to be diverted to the assembly of the first nukes and would limit the already damaged war industry in Germany to depoly additional ground and air armorments. This was the error in Hitlers planning that he did not continue the production of war machinery after he a massed the intial inventories. Had he continued with the massive rate of production throughout the "conquest" years his airpower would have been unmatched and the ground armorment would have been almost unstoppable. Certain decision, like the attack of Stalingrad and Moscow out of spite and blantant disregard for any strategic planning further accelerated the atttrition of the German military allowing the US and Allied forces to beat back the Germans from their controlled territories. While the US was tipped off that the Germans were developing the bomb, the US made it high priority to capture the German scientists and to give them a "cushy" option to come to America where the US employed them to continue the development of the bomb on behalf of the US.

The Germans wanted to nuke (A) US city in a last ditch effort to gain time to rebuild their forces and to bring their new airframe production plants online that were transported into the Alps and into parts of Russia.

Revelations is a warning to mankind to be weary of wondering off the path of GOD. If we do, then that will open the pandoras box of "Evil" and man kind will fall to acts of great wickedness.

And I doubt that Hitler was the Anti-Christ. neat idea, but lacking on so many levels.

I am curious how you developed this line of reasoning.
Can you cite any sources?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well not to go too indepth, but the end is not characterized by the Anti-Christ's government. The actual end of the world follows the millenium, 1000 years after the Anti-Christ government is thrown down. Some speculate this anti-christ government was in fact the Holy Roman Empire, as more christians died at the hands of it than in any war. This would put us firmly in the time frame for the end, as at least 1000 years have passed since the Holy Roman Empire became little more than a papal state with vast riches and hefty influence. I don't think it's the anti-christ government today, but when it was the Holy Roman Empire, it sure had all the signs of it.

Here's an interesting look at one possible explanation of bible prophecy and how it fits in precisely with historical events down through the millenia.

www.ao.net...

That particular approach is called "Preterism." I'm a partial preterist. I believe much of bible prophecy has already been fulfilled but a few events still need to transpire before the end.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

A List of "Unprecedented Signs of the End" (Hot-Links to sections in this article below) :
1. The Re-Establishment of Israel as a Nation in The Holy Land
2. A United Europe will be the Supreme Super-Power of the World
3. A Jewish Temple will be Re-Built in Jerusalem ----with Animal-Sacrifices Resumed
4. Antichrist will Arise as the Virtual Dictator of the World
5. Two "Witnesses," Mighty Prophets, will Preach Jesus Christ to the World
6. The Gospel Message will be Preached to Every Ethnic Group in the World
7. Armageddon: Armies From All Nations will Gather Against Israel and God
8. There Will Be Great Portents (Signs) in the Sun, Moon and Stars

link

Nope, dont think theres a checkmark by all the things in that list yet.

new topics

top topics

join