It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Pig?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My guess is that these Japanese guys have too much time on their hands to craft this video so obviously my verdict is another youtube hoax.

What about you guys? IMO this kind of creature is a 100% scientifically implausible.

edit on 9/11/2010 by GrOuNd_ZeRo because: Fixing youtube tag.

edit on 9/11/2010 by GrOuNd_ZeRo because: Attempt 3

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
looks weird.. it's probably fake, though I wouldn't say it's 100% implausible.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Real or not that is one ugly mofo creature,a cross between an ex girlfriend and the blob.Nice!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is stupid but really cute!!! XD
I watched it without sound, noticed that the quality of the "amateur" video sucked. and then it changed when it went in for a close-up of such a creature(made conspicuously cinematic with the cuts to different body parts, which I'd say are props...). I also noticed that those other sea-pig thingies fled like roaches. But then when they go to the humongous one, and it just sits there like a nasty, moist pillow. When they poke it, it doesn't run. it wiggles. It looks a bit CGI right about then, I'd say.
Oh, and then they manage to flip it OVER... And all I see is a butt-mouth thing with itty-bitty suckers. No way the other ones could have moved that fast. I've forgotten most of my Japanese at this point and I can't make out what the caption stuff says at the beginning... but the title of the video is obnoxiously untrue. If some random dudes could approach this thing for real, I do think they would have contacted National Geographic, or a sushi-making company, or some other organization that could make good use of this organism.
Hmm... what else..? There's also the typical "animal destroys itself" scene at the end. Triggered by soda. Why on earth would they try to douse the sea-piggy with soda?? I'd at least try to feed it something natural from the surroundings if I found it how it was breathing and it wasn't from the hole.
If such a creature existed, I wonder how it could keep up making slime like that next to the ocean.

(And if it existed, I'd buy one!! And love it forever!!^^ It makes me think of Pepto-Bismol.)

edit on 9/11/2010 by Elaethyr because: I wanted to add some afterthoughts. I can never get enough afterthoughts in before I submit the post. >:C

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When there on the wall you can see there cg, and thats not a sea pig, sea pigs are kind of a see throughish potato looking thing with legs

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

edit on 9/11/10 by jennybee35 because: nevermind

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

edit on 9/11/10 by jennybee35 because: not what this is

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is what we have:

Two boys on a fishing trip.
Then, a lot of pink things going up a hill in droves.
Then, a really big one waits just for them.
Then, they turn it over an it looks like a.. you-know-what with suction cups.
Then, they poke it with a stick.
Then, it...um, ...squirts.
Then, it explodes.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It looks about as real as man-bear-pig.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I saw this featured on youtube so I was like; the guys and gals at ATS have to see this lol.

I wish people could stop hoaxing for once....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
My only question is when do we get sea bacon?

If I can't get bacon from it I'm calling hoax.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well that gave me a laugh. I think they filmers made a big mistake making the pigs move so fast up the side of the rock. Yep I vote CGI.

Sadly someone will find a truly wierd animal or event like a genuine UFO landing and no one on the planet will believe the sighting if it appears on youtube.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Haha!

Glad to see that the sea pig got it's revenge on the people poking and prodding it.

Shame that it had to explode itself in the process though. Poor little sea pig....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'M THE MANATEE!!!!!

SEA COW!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
that looks like something HR Gieger would make...if you know what I mean

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think this clip tells us more about the psychology of Japanese men then it does about sea life

It made me feel slightly ill.

There are real sea pigs though which are actually quite cute in an odd way
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3247ae24d65a.jpg[/atsimg]

Not as cute as my favorite bizarre sea creature of all time though... The Dumbo Octopus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11403e83d374.jpg[/atsimg]

cj6

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
its an interesting vid up to the point where they all scatter. they move way too fast to be real :/

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo.....

Yup.....

Pretty funny!

And.....a hoax!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Knew I had seen this before.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This was so poorly done. And if it was real, how #ed up would it be to turn this thing over and just poke at it, then make it vomit? This makes Japanese teenage boys look like a bunch of enormous douchebags, really the behaviour was disgusting. But it was painfully obvious it was hoax after they "approached" one; if these things can blast off like sportscars, why didn't this one just run?

top topics

join