It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That We Are Not Alone, Logical Proof

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You want proof that we are not alone? The proof is in the puddin' guys, just look at yourselves, your not just a person like everyone else, you are truly an amazing thing to behold, you are a biological machine that was created by the earth we all share.

This really should not be a debate, but a fact that you've either accepted or you have not. We know the conditions to form life , however rare they may possibly be, happen, also we know that if that life is let untouched and able to thrive, it will form intelligent life. THE FACT YOU ARE ALIVE MEANS IT HAPPENS. Now with the obvious vastness of space, you really think that these conditions only happened on this 1 star in this 1 galaxy out of the billions of galaxies holding trillions of stars? Assuming life like us is rare, lets say as rare as %0.0001, for every billion stars, 100 of them could be housing life. If even 1 of them per 100 forms intelligent life, then my friend we have intelligent species by the millions.

If your still wondering where the physical picture evidence is, well humanity isn't at that stage of knowledge yet, so that is a hard thing to produce. When you take a DNA test to find the father of your child, the %99.99 chance that its correct is enough for you to reach the conclusion, so why does humanity still cling to the %00.01 chance that we are the only intelligent species??? The people that are against intelligent lifeforms across the universe are against their own existence, for if other species do not exist, WE CANNOT EXIST. Earth simply can't be an anomaly due to the vastness of the universe, how are you going to try to seriously tell me that an infinite amount of stars ALL have infertile planets?! HOW?!

We are a Chemical reaction that happened from a once life-less planet. We have endured billions of years to become intelligent sentient beings. Planet Earth has the conditions to form biological life, the prolonged exposure to this resulted in animals/fish/plants to form and thrive. During this thriving period, there were no situations that stopped life to form, so given enough time, mother nature will produce intelligent creatures. Those intelligent creatures will eventually figure out that it is easier to work together than to be on your own, so they form tribes, the very basic form of civilization. If given enough time that civilization will evolve enough to figure out how to leave their own planet and explore the cosmos, only to realize that other creatures have beaten them to it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i dont need proof! i know!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like the way you think...I agree with you completely. Great post!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
i dont need proof! i know!!!!

I feel the same way just not sure where they come from. Obviously some higher intelligence is interacting with us on some level even that is not clear.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice, nice!

i like your style of thinking and you surely get a s+F for your logical way to explain it to the newbies orn nonbelivers!

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i.

Jim

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Yes. Obviously.

But are you so sure that "humanity still clings to the %00.01 chance that we are the only intelligent species"? I think you might have a hard time finding an educated person who believes that.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I should have been more clear, a depressingly large % of the population does not believe in the notion of other intelligent life-forms inhabiting space. I'm pretty sure this is the common believe for the common person,since the majority considers the possibility of alien life a conspiracy.

People like you and I are the minority. . . Hopefully not for long though

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

How can the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence be a "conspiracy"?

But you're incorrect. As of 2005 a majority of Americans believe that there is alien life. The major division was involved with religious beliefs.
www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well I personally do not consider it a conspiracy, this thread is in the "conspiracy" forum. Also have you ever tried telling this to somebody on the street, about aliens n all? They would think you're a nut, hence conspiracy theorist.

I'm not incorrect, the link you provided supports that. What I said was a large % of the population does not believe in aliens. That link says %60 of Americans believe in aliens, %40 is just under half, which idk about you, I consider that to be too many. Also that is just America, we are a small fraction of the world.

I'm on the same side of the fence friend. Stop being stubborn

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'm not being stubborn. I'm being accurate. Those who believe in the existance of extraterrestrial intelligence are not in the minority.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'm not being stubborn. I'm being accurate. Those who believe in the existance of extraterrestrial intelligence are not in the minority.

I don't see where it says 60% of Americans believe in "extraterrestrial intelligence"; it states "extraterrestrial life" only. That's two different things altogether...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Ok. How about this:

A majority of those who believe that extraterrestrial life exists also believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists.

For those that do believe that life exists on other planets, what would ET
be like?

* 7 out of 10 Americans think the intelligent life forms on other planets
would be similar to humans

* 8 out of 10 Americans think it is likely that the intelligent life forms
on other planets are more advanced than us

* 7 out of 10 Americans think it is likely that these life forms have the
technology to travel through space

* 7 out of 10 Americans think that these life forms have the technology to
communicate across deep space

source

edit on 9/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
America is not the world. America = 307,006,550 people --google world =6,697,254,041.
America generally accepts the notion, and I AGREE WITH YOU, but places like India or China it is not the same.

Your arguing over stupid stuff dude, please troll somewhere else for your input isn't necessary here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And you know what people in India and China believe? Maybe you can provide some evidence that the majority of the Earth's population does not believe in extraterrestrial intelligence (or even life).

Stupid stuff. Trolling. You make a claim and expect it to be accepted with no evidence. It's up to you to support your claim. Without some evidence you are simply expressing a prejudiced point of view. You seem to think that those in India and China may be less "enlightened" than those in the US. That makes you no different than those who do not believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life. I don't agree. I think that most people do believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This also has nothing to do with whether or not the aliens that so many people believe in (myself included) are actually visiting the Earth.

Just because they're probably out there doesn't mean they also have to be here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"Believing" in intelligent extraterrestrial life from behind the anonymity of a poll is one thing; shouting that belief from the rooftops is another. I guess a lot believe in private, and don't in public. There is still a taboo associated with any notion of ET life, especially among politicians and scientists. Nobody ever wants to break taboo. The problem is the total absence of physical evidence (or, at least, publicly-available evidence).

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I generally look askance at anyone who shouts their beliefs from the rooftops, whatever they may be. But maybe that's just me. If someone asks my opinion I'll give it. I feel no need (or reason) to broadcast it.

I'm not aware of any taboo on the subject. If there were, what is the purpose of SETI? I wouldn't call that a closeted effort. Why bother looking for "earthlike" planets if not to take it to the next step (finding that evidence)?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm not aware of any taboo on the subject. If there were, what is the purpose of SETI? I wouldn't call that a closeted effort. Why bother looking for "earthlike" planets if not to take it to the next step (finding that evidence)?

SETI exists because it is a taboo subject. Only a handful of scientists were (and are) prepared to risk being ridiculed and ostracized by pursuing what was - and to a certain extent, still is - considered pseudoscience.

The subject of extraterrestrial life still sits very much outside the realm of mainstream science. The proof of this is in the almost complete lack of funding.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

How can the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence be a "conspiracy"?

But you're incorrect. As of 2005 a majority of Americans believe that there is alien life. The major division was involved with religious beliefs.
www.space.com...

Yes but this is only Americans and they aren't the only people on Earth.
It also only asked 1000 people, not much of a study. That isn't a majority of Americans.

OP I like your post, I don't need proof it's always been logical to me that there is other life out there, whether it looks human or not. I believe life forms exist all over in various forms, intelligent or not.

I do know many people who believe ETs or aliens are not real and are made up by Hollywood. They think we are special and that nothing can live else where.

People will believe what they believe until they are confronted with that belief face to face....and even then some try to deny it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What Phage is saying is that most Americans think we are not alone in the Universe, and that is true. Only a few people in America are stupid enough to think we are the only life in the entire Universe. 2/3rds... So that is 1/3rd that believes we are the only life in the Universe. 1 out of 3 people think that.

I actually think it's less.

So I see no surprise in more people believing we are being visited or have been visited given their understanding of the Universe. I'd say it's pretty common sense that the Universe is older than Earth.

Thus, most people think, the odds of a civilization other than ours, able to travel the stars, is highly likely.

But most people want to see proof. Has Earth been visited?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join