It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Burns the Koran and american flag (video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ah George Carlin, really a great man, that video reminds me of his genius, I think somebody took advantage of the preacher when he was a young boy, because he surly has damage beyond repair. It shows it since he just burned the Koran AND Our flag, this man will be shot for his actions, or worse. I would put my money on the Muslims getting to him first,you know how sensitive those Muslims are

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's disappointing that he did it after going on nation wide tv saying he wouldn't.That makes him a liar. Nevertheless, I believe he and his church are protected by the Bill of Rights....just as the KKK and the Neo Nazis are when they want to join a parade. And I'm a 9-11 truther. So I think he's been played on two levels...sad for him. So there you have my random thoughts of this nasty, very sad, very frustrating day. Outrageous day.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Did he chop someone's head off?

Did he torture someone?

Did he kidnap someone?

Nope?

So, who the hell are you people to say what he should or should not be allowed to do if he's not harming anyone?

If he was ignored he wouldn't get the attention he's looking for but people have sensationalised the matter and now he's won.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

You know what?

That song at the end spoke some truths.... listen to it again if you didn't like it the first time or forward video to the end to listen to it....

I don't think this was as bad as some of the stuff i've read on these forums!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
We the Legion will take care of this.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this means?
SS --- would you please clarify? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
At first i was like what??????
I was like WTHHHH with all this hate and insults
then I laughed my arse off when it finished with please visit god hates f@gs dot com and priests rape boys dot come

hahahaha

no but this guy is a serious nutcase!
He obviously wasn't breast-fed!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Normally I never do this... But I didnt watch the video. I didn't read the OP. I didn't read the replies. I'm just posting based upon the thread title...

Every single time I see the words "Pastor Fred" or "Westboro Baptist Church" all I can think of is the fact that by simply talking about these idiots we all fall into their trap. It's a game...

They act.
We react.
They get media coverage.
They have motive to act some more.

Without TV and all of us talking - this family of circus freaks would just get what nature intends. Somebody would beat them into a pulp and they'd shut their mouths.

Hateful of me? Probably. But true nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

So, who the hell are you people to say what he should or should not be allowed to do if he's not harming anyone?

They are allowed to do what they do, they are in fact quite intelligent about expressing their hate and vitriol. They do so within the law and just on the edge of the law. They do these things in order to push the envelope of freedom of speech. They want the hate, they want people to despise them. That hate from people gives them even more power.

If he was ignored he wouldn't get the attention he's looking for but people have sensationalised the matter and now he's won.

Exactly, yes, you are correct, he has achieved exactly what he really wants, he wants people to hate him, he doesn't actually want to change anything, instead he wants to plant a seed of hate into the public view, that seed germinates and grows into something horrible.

If we didn't give him the water and fertilizer that he desires, he would just go away and disappear into obscurity. The WBC does not represent mainstream Christianity in any shape or form. He represents an isolated and obsolete hatred in America. Tolerance is something that this man fears, and it's that tolerance that actually is the bane of this group.

Most Americans don't actually care that there are Muslims in this country, most of us actually like that difference and embrace that diversity. The intolerant are scared of Sharia Law,
they are terrified of some bogyman, and so they listen to media that enforces that fear.

That fear is what the WBC panders to, yet even though they pander to that fear, they do it to the extreme and in fact damage more moderate yet still fear-mongering narratives.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ah, me...

The Phelps clan raises it's ugly little head, again...

This bunch of con-men, and that's what they are...con-men, are not, let me repeat this, are not Christian. If I had to guess, they're at best agnostic... They, or at least old man Phelps is, are past criminals.

A few years ago, when these attention seeking con men first came to public attention, I did a little digging on them. I was shocked to discover that virtually everyone of them have law degrees of some sort, several are infact lawyers.

This family is looking, dare I say, praying; for that one big payday... They will sue you at the drop of a poorly chosen phrase on your part. They use religious freedom as the hook. They want you to get angry...infact so angry that you're not thinking clearly...and act towards them in some way they can use in a court of law.

The older generation, Phelps himself, and his kids; aren't believers...though some of the younger ones may indeed buy into this hucksters con.

When dealing with, or even talking about them; be very careful.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I say good,
In my own personal opinion Islam is a relegion Intolerant of others beleifs and views.
Its true,
IT IS NOT PEACEFUL.
People who are not muslim are infidels, and MUST be Punished according to the Quran.
Screw Islam, In fact, Screw all relegion.
we all know whats coming.
WAR.
Do you not agree?
99% of wars throughout the history of the planet have been relegious ones.
the abolishment of relgion will serve a good cause.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
There is no 'way to peace,' there is only 'peace.'"

- Gandhi

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Thanks for the video Quasar_La-Zar,
Could have went all day without seeing that!

Luckily, 9/11 came and went here in Abu Dhabi without any problems.
It is still Eid al fitr, so everyone is off and just relaxing after Ramadan.

Here is an interesting documentary from Louis Theroux about the most hated family in America:
They are really a strange bunch of morons!!
(I haven't read through all 6 pages so I hope no one has posted it yet)

Enjoy:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

73's and take care,
Tom (KC5ILU)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Extremists, lol. On one hand I'm angry, on the other hand I realize he's just so dumb, there's no point. If a dumb donkey accidentally farts in your face, there's no point in arguing with it, it won't get it...just like this pastor won't get what an idiot he is. I'm still not 100% convinced he's not levelling us and all the videos are fake...they are THAT DUMB!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f361c484e99a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10ce271fc2a3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12-9-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The same prophet who phelps quoted in his spiel Zechariah was murdered between the temple and the altar by his own people because he too told them to repent as God had instructed him to tell them.. Maybe we will see history repeat itself yet again..

Yeshua said, "Oh Jerusalem, she that kills the prophets and stones those that are sent to her" as Yeshua found out not long after... And 37 years later Jerusalem was burnt to the ground "no stone was left on another"

As much as i dispise phelps and his ilk i still can here some truth in what he says

"Yeshua wept"

edit on 12-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

He gave up too so please stop this foolishness

LOL...I hadn't seen the face palm before, awesome!

Something seems to be wrong with the sound on my computer this morning, so I started watching the video of this Phelps guy, let it go a couple of minutes.

As I watched, with no sound, a mental soundtrack seemed to be playing just for me in the background: Pink Floyd.

The Hammers were marching, as I looked at this guy ranting, as the slogans popped on the screen, "raping priests, whores...."

GET 'EM UP AGAINST THE WALL!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
I'm kinda glad ole Fred went ahead with this.

Not because I agree with him. But, because now he has brought upon himself the wrath of the fanatical muslims.

Good luck Fred. You're gonna need it.

don't worry for his safety
but many others shall be died of him. Time like current days produces many funny sects are driven by mad doggies; after some time, critical mass of idiots, morons, mads & other scum like that, becomes too despairful to control it with army, special agencies or somehow else.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

This bunch of con-men, and that's what they are...con-men, are not, let me repeat this, are not Christian. If I had to guess, they're at best agnostic... They, or at least old man Phelps is, are past criminals

To be honest, they way they cling to evil and hatred, it actually occurred to me that they are Satanists.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Religion disgusts me, but I'd love to see Fred-Phelps get tortured and beheaded.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Dont you just Love the Cheerful dity at the end..........I've seen this guy before somewhere.......

One of the many downsides of blind faith....

edit on 12-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: editing

edit on 12-9-2010 by DreamerOracle because: edit vid

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Religion,brings out the worst in all who follow....sooner or later.

i can't wait for a world with no religion... it's not needed.... never was.. never will be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join