It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Burns the Koran and american flag (video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Those people in those videos are the most hatefull people on the planet.. possibly even making arab ranting fanaitcal terrorists look like smurfs. Him and his whole church should be locked up. Hate like that shouldn't be allowed to be spewed to the public. Just think about the poor kids of these people, they all need deprogramming.. lots of psychological work .. just.. amazing.. it almost leaves one speechless

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Locking them up would be against their rights I suppose ...

But ... lets just say we invited them to a party ...

Lets just say at that part we accidently invited our friends the radical Muslims as well ...

Then lets just say we accidently left a knife laying in between them all in the middle of the room ...

That would be terrible accident. Have the westboro people ever been actually violent or have they just been inflammatory? I suppose some people just see it as their right to exercise opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You know, if they dislike this country so damn much, why dont they pack up and go elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
WTF, the song, it made me laugh. It sounded like a Saturday
night live skit. We're screwed...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
George Carlin vs. Fred Phelps (yes some vulgarity, it's Carlin)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
reply to post by Ciphor

Those fags in those videos are the most hatefull people on the planet.. possibly even making Muslim ranting fanaitcal terrorists look like smurfs. Fags and Muslims should be locked up. Hate like that shouldn't be allowed to be spewed to the public. Just think about the poor kids of these people, they all need deprogramming.. lots of psychological work .. just.. amazing.. it almost leaves one speechless

I bet if I replaced some of your words with Muslim and fags your paragraph above would sound a lot like that church. Here I did it. Your quote above modified with the people you hate replaced with the people he hates.

Again. Please, listen this time... You want to lock someone up that hates people he thinks are disgusting, because you think he is disgusting....

To wish for a complete stranger who is hurting no one to be locked up. Hmm. Sounds like hatred to me. You're like god, you can pass judgement. Not that guy though. Well he is crazy. That much is certain.

Do you know what a hypocrite is

Please. Do yourself a favor and do some soul searching. You are a deeply confused man, and you don't even know it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Ciphor because: Why do I have to explain my edit?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Can't believe it, really.
I'm glad yesterday passed with no incidents or more of the same. However reading this thread and what some have done beggars belief.
I didn't and don't want to watch the video. All of the comments have gave me an idea as to how disgusting it was.
My thoughts are with those who lost their lives and those who lost part of theirs through loss of loved ones.
This "pastor" seems to have really set the ball rolling, can't wait till it starts rolling back.
I would like you all to watch a film if you can, its called The Book of Eli.
The story is very fitting to what has went on through our lives, religion. But does it go for all religions? And holy books?
Some will kill to have it, some will kill to protect it.

I swear its probably the best film I have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just think, somewhere out there on another brane.. in another universe.. fred phelps is president

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
That was actually pretty weird.... scary.
These guys are just so out of touch with reality that It's not funny.

What was funny was their song.....

Oh man...... frickin' lunatics.

Religion.... don't ya love it?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well, here's my 2 cents,
Fred is a very angry man and he does not pick his words very carefully at all. Burning the flag and koran accomplished nothing. I understand some of his anger. It seems all too often these days that "Christians" look the other way and say nothing and do nothing. We have let this country go to pot. Our moral compass has reversed itself. America is now a country where homosexuality is viewed as not only OK but it's viewed as hip and cool. It's ok to murder unborn children yet we fight to abolish the death penalty for convicted killers. Tell me why this burning and video is such a big deal. People burn flags and Bibles all the time but because the koran was involved on this one it's all of the sudden a really big deal.
People are confused today and the whole Toleration movement seems to be behind it all. I don't have to tolerate anything. Nor do you. The Bible does not teach anywhere within it about tolerance. It specifically says homosexuality is wrong, it does not say tolerate homosexuals. It specifically says there shall be no other God, no idols. It does not say to tolerate other religions. The Islamic faith is a very violent one. They are taught violence. Look around the world. The most everyday violent countries are those muslim nations. Look at the muslim population within our own prisons, it's crazy.
The Bible does teach Love. God says to love thy neighbor as thyself. He doesn't say you have to tolerate them. If your child murders someone, do you still love him? Yes. Do you tolerate or like what they have done? No!
You can love a homosexual or a muslim or anyone else and not tolerate their lifestyle. Too many people in America today will not stand up for anything until it hits their pocketbook it seems. I can respect this man Fred and his church for standing up and speaking out for what they believe, but I do not agree with their methods at all.
Come on and let the Christian bashing begin......

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Just think, somewhere out there on another brane.. in another universe.. fred phelps is president

ya, maybe. but not this one.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I prefer we all just follow the golden rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. If someone wants to burn a book or a flag, let them do it in their own backyard at their own expense. We don't need media filming the event and broadcasting it to the world. Don't give the hate mongers any more attention.

edit on 12-9-2010 by orionthehunter because: grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Well, here's my 2 cents,
Fred is a very angry man and he does not pick his words very carefully at all. People are confused today and the whole Toleration movement seems to be behind it all. I don't have to tolerate anything. Nor do you. The Bible does not teach anywhere within it about tolerance. It specifically says homosexuality is wrong, it does not say tolerate homosexuals. It specifically says there shall be no other God, no idols. It does not say to tolerate other religions. The Islamic faith is a very violent one. They are taught violence. Look around the world. The most everyday violent countries are those muslim nations. Look at the muslim population within our own prisons, it's crazy.
The Bible does teach Love. God says to love thy neighbor as thyself. He doesn't say you have to tolerate them. If your child murders someone, do you still love him? Yes. Do you tolerate or like what they have done? No!
You can love a homosexual or a muslim or anyone else and not tolerate their lifestyle. Too many people in America today will not stand up for anything until it hits their pocketbook it seems. I can respect this man Fred and his church for standing up and speaking out for what they believe, but I do not agree with their methods at all.
Come on and let the Christian bashing begin......

How do you love your neighbor and not tolerate them?

Rom 12:17 Return no evil for evil ...live at peace with everyone.

Mat 5:43-47 You have heard that it was said you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you so that you may be the sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

The Bible also says this which could be applied to this situation:

Wisdom is beter than weapons of war. Ecc 9:18

Thank-you.

www.warren.af.mil...

edit on 12-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: remove some of quote

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I prefer we all just follow the golden rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. If someone wants to burn a book or a flag, let them do it in their own backyard at their own expense. We don't need media filming the event and broadcasting it to the world. Don't give the hate mongers any more attention.

edit on 12-9-2010 by orionthehunter because: grammar

Thank you! exactly. If it's that outrageous or whatever your beef is, the towns folk will put them in their place. But it appears the towns folk are down too. So just leave it be. You can ban the KKK from wearing hats next? Haters will always exist. Player hating. It's what haters do. Just ignore the haters. It's that easy.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Now that I would like to see. I would hate to see the people that elected him, yikes.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
well our friends over at westboro , are at it again .....

theese silly people ...what has gotten into them

they need some love in their life !!!!!!!!!!

what say you ?

www.liveleak.com...

edit on 11-9-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind.
I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
Kahlil Gibran ~

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They are idiot media whores who were jealous that the other idiot media whores were getting all the attention.
I REALLY feel sorry for the kids. They haven't even got a chance.
They'll be messed up for a long time even if they manage to escape their situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

What a gem of great quotes you could pull from khalil all day long. I like this one.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only before the truth" -Khalil Gibran

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
LOL this would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing.

He seems to hate everything equally, at least he doesn't discriminate.

Don't know how muslims will take this cause hes burning the US flag aswell.

S$%ts gonna get crazy.

lol 'God hates the world' is the song playin while they burn.

Wow. Thats all that I can say. Wow.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Whelp, you know it had to happen. I am not surprised actually.

I said this in another thread and if it wasn't the WBC it would apply. Why not burn Bin Laden in effigy? Wouldn't that make the statement that we are against radical Islam without being hateful to the entire religion. Now I realize that the WBC could really care less, and they do their own thing however they want to hiding behind the first amendment. But if other groups are against radical Islam, instead of burning the Koran, burn an effigy of Bin Laden instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join