It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Obama Really Were Born in Kenya? Then what...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is a fairly large group of "birthers", as they are called, that claim President Obama was not born in Honolulu, Hawaii, much less in the United States, but was actually born in Kenya, Africa, thus rendering him ineligible to be the president of the U.S. The other side says that it doesn't matter because his mother was American and that makes him an American. Of course there are arguments against that, too.

The following article presents the scenario that Obama was born in Kenya and is not a "natural born citizen". I don't really have much of an opinion either way, except to say that I do find it unusual that he won't just come out and produce a birth certificate himself to prove it, and if it is proven that he is not a "natural born citizen" that would be an egregious offense. Anyway, read and comment, or don't. I present it to you, however.

www.slate.com...

/Q

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

Then what? Well then Obama will be removed. Biden will also not take his place as president as the entire administration of Obama's would seek to be invalid. Nancy Pelosi? Well she verified Obama's eligibility, so she may very well be implicated. However there would need to be proof that she knew well before the time as opposed to being mislead like everybody else. So I am not sure? I can tell ya so long as a Democrat assumes Obama's place, there will be a constant move by birthers and conservatives to seek he or she to be removed because he or she would be somehow implicated regardless. So where does that leave this whole situation?

I think the birthers will only stop when the Democrats have been removed from all power in office. And then? The Republicans?
Nothing will change our situation, infact I believe our political environment will be more unstable. It will not change the fact our jobs are being shifted overseas, or our economic outlook, it will not change the corruption in DC or the corporate influence. The move to remove Obama and company will not change the partisan bickering, infact it will increase it, and birthers will just turn into another group seeking impeachment of somebody else (preferbly a Democrat or liberal again). The cycle will continue on, regardless.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If it is proven beyond a doubt that he was born in Kenya then I will feel he deceived the American people and should be impeached. And why doesn't he produce a birth certificate - he had to have one to get a SS card, or does he not have that either?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
And why doesn't he produce a birth certificate

Just how silly are you? What research have you done, to make such a stupid comment? Obama HAS produced a birth certificate, it has been available to be viewed on the web for years.....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

Race riots. Powers that will make martial law seem like anarchy. Checkmate for the zionist.

They stack a mean deck.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
If it is proven beyond a doubt that he was born in Kenya then I will feel he deceived the American people and should be impeached. And why doesn't he produce a birth certificate - he had to have one to get a SS card, or does he not have that either?

He has shown his birth certificate. It may not be the kind birthers demand but is a valid birth certificate under Hawaiian law never the less:
www.politifact.com...

In 2009 Fukino also personally verified his birth on Hawaiian soil from his records:
hawaii.gov...

You can however implicate her and the Hawaiian government into the conspiracy as well, especially considering the Republican Governor of Hawaii at the time insisted he was born there as well.

And regarding having a birth certificate to get your SS card? I certainly have not had problems using my birth certificate on this or anything else for that matter (My birth certificate is also a certification, not the original one issued at birth) but I never cared or noticed neither did anybody else. Infact I am yet to see anybody use their long form birth certificate for anything. I saw my own long form birth certificate some time back, it is rather old, it is rather long, and I would not for the life of me carry that thing around as identification. Who on earth would? What about those people who were born having their original birth certificates lost by their parents or through unfortunate circumstances? Do they just 'cease' to exist on the system? I think when you make such arguments that you 'need' this to get that or you 'can't function without that' to get this, you really need to thin alittle harder about the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
even if he was a kenyan, wouldn't they be able to just print a fake birth certificate? i mean, couldn't the government do that if it was part of their agenda?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Then...nothing.

The president is just a spokesperson for the multinational corporations.
Who really cares where he was born?
He is in charge of nothing and he decides nothing.
He doesn't start wars and he doesn't end wars.
You think these are nuclear codes they have given him?
Try last year's White House bathroom supplies room entrance codes.

I don't care if his name is Bush or Obama, nothing has changed.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

You are so right. They are all the same. Run from the same money and power base. All the rest is just filler for the masses of sheep that eat it up daily.

Think about what has really changed. Remember change that was a good one. Nothing has changed.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do people actualy appreciate the futility of spending ANY time on this topic?, big #ing deal if he was born in Kenya, in the grand scheme of things id say this is a fairly low priority concern. Obama has furtherd his war on terror on a scale Bush could only ever dream off, and chances are he will bomb the # into Iran at some point in the near future all the while the U.S is bankrupt and total economic collapse is ensuing.

But oh wait, the president may or may not have been born in Kenya, despite the fact if you were to meet him for the very first time youd be like, yip, this guys an American, not a whole lot of Kenyan here, nope.

YEAH OBAMA BIRTHER MEDIA BUZZWORDS!!!!

THATS WHATS IMPORTANT IS IT.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

That's actually the point the article seems to be making. In the grand scheme of things his birth certificate means little. To people that believe that without the Constitution this country means little, his supposed non-U.S. birth is an affront to our tenets and to our very way of life. But if it is true then, as the article says, I think there won't be much done about it. Which is unfortunate.

/Q

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why does anyone think he was born in Kenya anyway ?

His Kenyan born dad met his mother in the USA, so why would she have flown thousands of miles to a foreign country to give birth ?

The whole idea doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What if Obama Really Were Born in Kenya?

well, my assumption would be that hellfire and brimstone would rise from mile wide crevices in the earth...pigs would fly....backwards, up would become down, humanity would unite behind a common goal, and birthers would be considered witty, intelligent, free thinking individuals who don't cling to shoddy-at-best fake documents to prove their agendas.

But enough with the hypotheticals...

edit on 11-9-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Kenya? Well Kenya go back?! HAHA JK

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If ever proven (since I don't subscribe to this CT it's a BIG "if"), then I see one of two outcomes.

First, public outrage, and some really pissed off citizens.

Second, I suppose it sets a precedent for the Governator to run somewhere down the line....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think then he would be guilty of treason. Although he would not meet the requirement to be president, he would still be an american citizen (maybe), either way he would be guilty of frauding the American people by coming to power and, in my opinion, trying to overthrow and dismember the U.S.

Hypotheticaly of course...our president would be guilty of treason and all laws governing treason and the punishment that goes with it should be carried out immediately.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

If it was proven Obama was not eligible what would change???

We would have Hitlery running for President in 2012

Now there is one VERY VERY scary lady

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Irrelevant.

The United States is a Republic, not a Democracy.

The Electoral College picks the President of the United States, not the people.

If the Electoral College wants to appoint Kim Jong iL as President of the United States they CAN.

The American public has no legal recourse to challenge who the Electoral College picks. Hence why every Federal Judge dismissed every single birther lawsuit and stated they had "no standing" to bring the matter to court.

Only the Electoral College could challenge who was appointed US President.

American's still think their country is a Democracy...they bought those lies spread by who? Hook, line, and sinker.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
But he's not, he's American. More American than Orly Taitz. The senate had no objections to his presidency. Nor did the republican party. Don't you think McCain would have brought up his birthplace if it was such an important issue as the birthers claim?

But of course McCain had his own birth problems, so he wouldn't want to bring that to a front. Plus McCain was never meant to win, only meant to marginalize Ron Paul.

See, it's easy to defend Obama, it's harder to speak the truth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Unfortunately, it seems that very few of us here seem to understand that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join