It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What wars are we, (the U.S.) currently engaged in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi every one. I am a little confused as to What wars, or conflicts the United states is engaged in at this very moment (including war on drugs).I heard somewhere that we were still technically at war with Korea. Is this true? How many countries are we currently "policing''?
Does anyone think we are spreading ourselves a little to thin. Im just wondering.Thanks-OO-
Mods. please move where appropriate.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes the Korea war is still going on. Since 1950; we signed an Cease-fire armistice.
Kind of weird hun.
en.wikipedia.org...
Here's this war going on.
The War in Somali is still going on.
en.wikipedia.org...
Here's a list you can check out for yourself.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wars a bunch op i dnt even know honestly all i know is i was in a few....
2nd line whtas da major ?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thecause

From what I have been reading we're mostly in small wars under the War of Terror umbrella. Most are taking place in Africa or the Middle East. The Korean War is still on going because of the peace treaty never being signed.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

How do we even get involved with these wars. I mean do they come to us and ask for help, or do we just step in and take over?
I want to know facts...
The list you gave me is great. makes my head spin though..

edit on 11-9-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Well the U.S. is a super power and we need to keep our influence in these areas. Some people are allied with us despite politics and then we come to their aid. Countries like the U.S, China and others are enveloped with many world politics and a lot these politics lead to being involved in battles or wars. You can continue to research the links I added you would need a couple days to read through everything. It's very confusing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the war on civil liberties
the war on the middle class
the war on drugs
the war against the citizens

there were more?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

tptb thats why no civillian knows military tactics i hate dat but the old generation let the world be taken ova

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Iraq, Afganistán, Pakistán Tabaco, Mariguana to name a few. Before prohibition, you could legally purchase Heroin, Cocaine, and Codeine and there was no necessity to have 6% of the US population in prison, jail, or on probation. The US has more inmates than the rest of the world combined. The biggest inmate category, by far, is drug addiction and prison is not a cure. It is a familial problem that should be dealt with in the family, spiritual adviser and by paying attention to your children so that they can do the same for you one day. You will never be able to win a war with a child but you can give love and explain the adverse affects of being a junkie.
Now we also have wars on poverty, on people that hate America because we represent freedom and democracy. We are at war with Mexico as they export too much labor and low cost heroin and cheap mariguana and cristal meth to a country with 26% unemployment if you use the original calculations for GDP and inflation. At shadow stats.com, they give you the non manipulated annual inflation and unemployment numbers. It is a free site and most Fortune 500 companies use it and know the truth that you really don’t want to see. www.shadowstats.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

tptb thats why no civillian knows military tactics i hate dat but the old generation let the world be taken ova

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Hi every one. I am a little confused as to What wars, or conflicts the United states is engaged in at this very moment (including war on drugs).

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

the american government is currently involved in a war against their own citizens, imo.

martial law would not be announced overtly and simultaneously to hundreds of millions via the msm, would it?

i might be wrong about the government being at war with it's citizens, but then again, can any american citizen please tell me the specific number of laws that exist? what is the number of mandatory expectations (laws) placed upon each and every citizen in order to comply with and conform to social standards?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I heard somewhere that we were still technically at war with Korea. Is this true?

technically, yes. there was a sort of cease fire declared, but not an end to the war.

How many countries are we currently "policing''?

america currently has military installations or assets in over 170 other countries around the world. depending on what source you choose to believe there are currently 196 countries in the world.

Does anyone think we are spreading ourselves a little to thin. Im just wondering.

americans have done wonders with the german technologies and german scientists they abducted from germany after ww2.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join