It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Barack Obama’s “Dreams” Ruining America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

New unemployment (which is what I mentioned in my post) has dropped from 750k per month in Jan 2009 to around 450k per month. That's almost a 50% drop.

...and it has been shown MANY TIMES that those numbers are FAKE... Many of those people who WERE in unemployment and reached the maximum amount of time they could be in uneployment are not counted anymore, neither are the people who used to work full-time and have only been able to get part-time jobs, among many others...

The real unemployment rate? 16.6%
The Labor Departments statistics dont include the underemployed and those who have stopped looking for work. This alternative measure creates a much higher number.

[Related content: jobs, construction, manufacturing, economy, financial crisis]
By Mary Engel
MSN Money
It's bad enough that the nation's jobless rate is 9.7%. But the real national employment rate is even higher than the U.S. Department of Labor's May figure shows.

The official unemployment index, based on a monthly survey of sample households, counts only people who reported looking for work in the past four weeks. It doesnt account for part-time workers who want to work more hours but cant, given the tight job market. And it doesnt include those who have given up trying to find work.

When the underemployed and the discouraged are added to the numbers, the unemployment rate rises to 16.6%. The Bureau of Labor Statistics, a unit of the Labor Department, began tracking this alternative measure -- known as the U-6 for its department classification -- in 1995 after economists lobbied for a method comparable to the way Japan, Canada and Western Europe count their unemployed.

The truth is that even the broader measure of unemployment doesnt fully capture how difficult the job market is for U.S. workers. It doesnt include self-employed workers whose incomes have shriveled. It doesnt look at former full-time employees who have accepted short-term contracts, without benefits, and at a fraction of their former salaries. And it doesnt count the many would-be workers who are going back to school, taking on more debt, in hopes that advanced degrees will improve their chances of landing jobs.

That broader unemployment rate, or U-6, is up from 16.4% a year ago and from 9.7% in May 2008. It was 7.1% in May 2000.

"It has gone up a lot because a lot of people have been put on short hours," said economist Gary Burtless, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, a nonprofit public policy organization. "And there are a lot of discouraged workers."

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Barack Obamas dreams are not ruining America. George Bush's "dreams" (war, oil, religion and corporate power, etc) and those who followed him and practice divisiveness, fear, hatred and nationalism - RUINED America and Obama's trying to bring it back.

BS, first of all it has been demonstrated MANY TIMES that even UNDER CLINTON there were plans to invade Iraq, but like always you, like many others like you, are completely ignorant of the facts, and when the facts are shown to you, you ignore them...

In 1998 CLINTON signed the IRAQ LIBERATION ACT, which only intention was for regime change in Iraq...

Yesterday, Clinton signed into law HR 4655, the "Iraq Liberation Act
of 1998." In a presidential statement, issued by the White House,
Clinton said, "This Act makes clear that it is the sense of the Congress
that the United States should support those elements of the Iraqi
opposition that advocate a very different future for Iraq than the
bitter reality of internal repression and external aggression that the
current regime in Baghdad now offers. . . . On October 21, 1998, I
signed into law the Omnibus Consolidated and Emergency Supplemental
Appropriations Act, 1999, which made $8 million available for assistance
to the Iraqi democratic opposition. . . My Administration, as required
by that statue, has also begun to implement a program to compile
information regarding allegations of genocide, crimes against humanity,
and war crimes by Iraq's current leaders as a step towards bringing to
justice those directly responsible for such acts."

www.fas.org...

Even liberals, and democrats were calling to use force against Iraq back in the 90s.

In the following link, which I can't excerpt from, you will find many of the statements made by democrats and liberals who called for action against Iraq, but then when Bush continued what Clinton started these same people changed their tune...
www.snopes.com...

Clinton even admitted, a year after the war had started, that he still believed Saddam had WMD...

Clinton believes Iraq had weapons of mass destruction: Portugal PM

LISBON (AFP) Jan 09, 2004
Former US president Bill Clinton said in October during a visit to Portugal that he was convinced Iraq had weapons of mass destruction up until the fall of Saddam Hussein, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso said late Thursday.

"When Clinton was here recently he told me he was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime," he said in an interview with Portuguese cable news channel SIC Noticias.

www.spacewar.com...

But i still don't understand why, or how, the left continues to forget these facts...

Such as...

Transcript President Clinton explains Iraq strike

December 16, 1998

Earlier today, I ordered Americas armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqs nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of theUnited States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighborsor the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

articles.cnn.com...:ALLPOLITICS

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Exactly true! And I was listening! I didn't get caught up in the frenzy of "change and hope" as many did. I listened to his pragmatic approach and knew that it wasn't going to be all fixed in 2 years. And I knew a lot of people would be disappointed because they heard what they wanted to hear during his campaign instead of what Obama actually said. That's no one's fault but theirs.

.... you did not, and you want to claim that you do not get caught up in the Obama frenzy?...

You have been shown that Obama wants to FORCE Americans to do Community Service, and such law has already been signed by Obama...

You have been shown that Obama even has wanted to FORCE American children to do Community Service...

You have been shown that Obama doesn't care for the elderly people, and he has said in even in front of an old lady asking about her mother about a pacemaker some doctors had said could help her, and Obama said that it might be better for the elderly to continue taking PILLS, which only benefits Big Pharma, instead of having expensive treatments, or even operations which he claims might not work....and the reason for democrats/progressives saying, and wanting this is because they claim "it might not be economically feasible"....

www.youtube.com...

You like to IGNORE FACTS because you have been caught up in the Obama frenzy, like most of the left has...

edit on 15-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Re: Your signature...

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Forgive my ignorance but was Sam Adams speaking to black slaves brought here from Africa?
Sounds like it.

edit on 15-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: Inserted "reply to"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Your ignorance (feign or adopted) is forgiven.

Adams spoke of the subservience of the masses to the will of a few to whom unfettered power had been assumed or granted:

Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say "what should be the reward of such sacrifices?" Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!.

Look what you've done to my Country!

jw

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Not feigned. Thanks for clearing it up.
You might like Mikhail Bakunin as well, if you admire Sam Adams...

Mikhail Bakunin sums up the goals of the Anarchist Revolution.www.illuminati-news.com...

One has trouble finding a class on Thomas Paine, who advocated the overthrow of the British Monarchy and detested lineal rulers. I am here today to tell those who love Paine, Samuel Adams, or Thomas Jefferson that Bakunin is worthy of our study and our praise.

It is because no man is infallible that Bakunin suggests we should never accept the authority of one man, or one group of men. Yet, America follows a sect of lawyers, the secret societies, and the families, ceding their authority over us. This, as Bakunin notes, opposes Natural Law.

First, we must emancipate the oppressed, the workers – that is we must free our own selves.

Two, we must declare war upon oppressors, or the ruling, lineal elites.

Three, all capital and produce must go to associations owned only by those who work, farm, produce, etc., with their own hands.

Four, “liberty, justice, and fraternity to all human beings upon earth.”

Five, “Equality for all.”

Six, each person should have access to the same education, the same possibility for work, the same means of existence, and the same possibility for leisure time. There should be no distinctions, favoritism, or nepotism.

Seven and lastly, “Organizing of a society by means of a free federation from below upward, of workers associations, industrial as well as a agricultural, scientific as well as literary associations - first into a commune, then a federation communes into regions, of regions into nations, and of nations into international fraternal association.”

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It laughable to think the president has any power to do what he/we want. its not like he wakes up in the mourning an says hey im gonna creates some healthcare blah blah blah. he's just a image for us sheep to watch on TV. he doesn't make policies and doesn't write speeches, all these things are done for him.

he doesn't call the shots and definitely doesn't have the sole power to achieve what we would all like him to.

blaming Obama or any president for what is going on in this country is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PonyoSon

In reality, Obama DID decide he wanted a federal takeover of healthcare. He saw how Hillary botched it by writing her own plan and sending it to Congress, who didn't want to get blamed if it screwed up, so it died.

Obama, on the other hand, gave Congress specific instructions about what HAD to be in a healthcare takeover if he was going to sign it. They gave him EXACTLY what he asked for, and he sweetened it to please certain recalcitrant legislators and Phrma.

He DOES write speeches - he even brags about it!

Who do you think came up with the federal takeover of GM and Chrysler? Obama had a "car czar" who fashioned the pre-packaged bankruptcies, then forced owners and management out. Where were you when this happened?

What about his "finance czar" Christina Romer, who resigned and said that HIS policies weren't working?

Do you just make things up?

jw

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You have been misinformed by propaganda. Obama never wrote "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race" (see debunking at www.snopes.com... ). It is a fabrication, like the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion."

Obama's book is posted online at issuu.com...

Don't believe the hype!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Great Read there . It Explains alot of what this Radical President is doing to our Beloved Country Right Now . He MUST Be Stopped ! .........

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join