It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all this "ONENESS" and "ETERNAL LOVE" Nonsense!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am struck with a certain dilemma, it is a tricky one and it bothers me profoundly,

now just to put it out there so there are no preconceived notions about me,

i am pro elitist,
pro new world order,
pro illuminati,

i do not work for them, my reasons for supporting them are my own logical decisions, and yes i have explored many different perspectives and at this time in my life i have chosen that as the one that is right for me,

so off hand lets not make this about the above,

my main issue is that many threads i see are either about or have some posters who push this "law of one" or "oneness" ideology,

summed up it basically -

We are all of ONE some sort of universal consciousness that is ultimately good and aspires and bases itself off of some sort of idea that is usually love.

so many times ill be reading a thread, most usually the topic will relate to religion, and someone will come on with a post like this:

All religions come together in the one true religion, we are all one, bask in the love of the eternal consciousness, that is the only truth.

now i have a few problems with this:

1. it has little to do with the argument at hand
2. ive heard it a million times before, if i actually considered it a valid solution i would have never inquired to the problem,
3. what exactly is this one true religion that the great consciousness (oops i meant some random internet site) has graced you in revealing to you?
4. in exactly what way are we all "one"?
5. What is this eternal love you speak of?
6. How do you know what truth is?

1. if we are talking about the elites plans to take over the world, why would you come in and tell me that everything and everyone is oneness and love, how does this help me at all????
great now i can go meditate about love and oneness and the world will be just right, it solves all the problems.

2.yes thats right i would say that every time i come on to ATS there is some member posting about this oneness stuff, ive heard it before, yes it could be true, no i dont believe it is and i dont need you shoving it down my throat everywhere

3. Why is this religion of oneness the source of all others, i have seen more evidence of religions being born of superstitious circumstances or even from otherworldly creatures, truth is many people are lost because they dont want to believe one religion or another but they want to believe something, so they see this Oneness nonsense and think:

"hey here's a belief where i still get to believe in a higher power, there is an afterlife because i am a part of this higher being and will become one with him upon death, it believes in love as its founding priciple and that sounds pretty good to me so i guess ill believe in this!"

truth is it's such a vague belief that anyone could apply it to their life, its funny that so many sites that promote oneness claim that all the religious "prophets" were all just teaching oneness. What a scam seriously, i have seen evidence of Jesus' devotion to his Jewish roots in believing in one true god! (read the book - "the bible for people who hate the bible" part 2)

4.In what way are we all one, yes maybe we are all comprised of the same atoms and everything else is just an illusion, but it is a persistent one, how do you not know that this illusion is not a part of the reality, maybe we are all connected but so what? i havent felt it, i cannot see it, it doesnt affect my life,
i cant sit down meditate on how connected i am to everything and have all my debts and problems disappear, i will still feel pain and loss and suffering, everyone likes to talk about oneness but no one ever explains how it can be applied to my life today, no one shows proof of its effects in their lives

like if you were truly some master of oneness who has felt being one and has meditated for hours why are you on a conspiracy site posting about it, why not just sit there, meditate and know that everything will be alright, why are you trying to convince yourself (since we are all one) what you already know.

5.Love, love, love... ya its great, but seriously eternal and everlasting love??? what a load of nonsense seriously, prove to me where eternal love has won out over everything else,

hate and anger is a part of us, dominance is in our nature, but no we humans have to make up some belief about love to justify our wrongdoings and delude us into thinking that evil will not win out in the end.

the only reason these oneness people use the banner of love is because its something that releases the chemicals in our bodies that gives us the best feeling possible and that isnt tainted by cultural bias (ie sex)

so we assume that the all powerful consciousness must be a facilitator of this feeling that is so strong and powerful and binding (because of our species programing to ensure that we protect our genes and benefactors),

truth is if there was some sort of consciousness or power in the universe it wouldnt chose between good and evil which are human contructions of cultural and religious bias, or love and hate which are simply programmed circumstances for our species planetary development.

ill admit that there are many mysteries and ancient wisdom/knowledge in the world, but i have extremely high doubts as to oneness and eternal love being the main components of our universal existence.

6. As far as i am concerned no one knows absolute truth, thats why i hate it when people come on to a thread and claim oneness and eternal love as if it was an obvious truth of the world that i was stupid not to figure out,

i would appreciate it more if these people came on stated their belief in a way that confirms that it is a theory and not absolute truth and explain in a thorough and interesting way how it applies to the topic at hand.

So yes i believe Oneness and these eternal love theories are all nonsense and i would love to hear from anyone who agrees or disagrees with a logical argument and without personal attacks of any kind (which i doubt will happen since anyone advocating what i am against will believe in this "love all" philosophy and wouldnt dare tainting their belief system by insulting a fellow being of this universe)

therefore i say to you -

Bring wood and oil!
Get a fire going!!!!!

edit on 11-9-2010 by tankthinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Jesus himself said He did not come to bring peace,but a "sword". That sword is the truth of His word which was meant to divide the believers from the unbelievers. ( www.apologeticspress.org... ...More to explain what would appear to be a contradiction to many.)

What does light have in common with darkness? And why would believers want to be "one" with those who deny the Lord? I don't want to be a part of a group who claims that all faiths are equal,because that would mean diminishing what sets Christianity apart from the rest.

It's not to say we shouldn't be able to coexist. Practically none of the people I know share my faith,but I love them for who and where they are. I do not feel like I am "one" with them.

But for a one-world,global religion,...all that "oneness" with everything really fits the bill!

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

The answer it seems you seek, possibly more strongly than you care to admit, is easy.

To live a life by love, is to live a life with no fear, no regrets, and with the understanding that though the road that led me here may indeed have been a living hell at points - were it not for the cruelty of others and the hardships endured I would not be the strong (yet gentle), compassionate (yet discerning), optimistic (yet cautious), completely imperfect (yet completely aware of this) husband and father that I am today.

Compassion, humility, honesty, and fearlessness. These are the virtues that I strive for. Not because they are easy to attain, but rather the opposite. I believe there is a time and place for all emotions, and all virtues.

Regardless of which side of the coin you choose, Love and Hate are nonetheless the same coin still. One must seek balance in life, and in my opinion, more people have become aware of the need for balance through the side of love, than through the side of hate. Destruction is easy, any child can destroy. If you seek a true challenge, try creating something instead.

So, from the viewpoint of one who seeks balance in all things, it's really only a matter of which side you choose to let rule your life : the side that thinks only of the Self, or the side that thinks instead of others first.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
I am struck with a certain dilemma, it is a tricky one and it bothers me profoundly,

now just to put it out there so there are no preconceived notions about me,

i am pro elitist,
pro new world order,
pro illuminati,

i do not work for them, my reasons for supporting them are my own logical decisions, and yes i have explored many different perspectives and at this time in my life i have chosen that as the one that is right for me,

so off hand lets not make this about the above,

The above has to be addressed because it is the basis of why you do not feel the oneness. All of the above is about ego. Once you rid yourself of ego the separation from the divine will fade.

Ego will fight tooth and nail for its continued existence. An ego driven person will get angry and not want to hear of oneness or divinity because ego needs to feel its unique to survive. The thought of your particular personality being part of the entity is a direct threat to your existence because you are still of ego.

Ego need material wealth and power to prop up its existence. You want the new Porsche because it will make your ego stand out above others. A spiritually mature person that has shed ego needs no recognition because this person understands that we are all of the one and does not need material confirmation for existence.

The elite are very intelligent but like a child that wants things just to have them they will drive themselves to chasing the cheese just like any animal. Once the cheese is no longer as important is when you take the first step to being a mature human being.

A perfect example of ego out of balance with spirit yet intelligent is Adolph Hitler, Joesph Stalin, or Pol Pot. This type of elitist tyrant will never understand oneness because it threaten ego.

To understand this you should start by reading the "Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle. He shows what spirit/oneness is by pointing out what ego is. Then you may realize what oneness is not.

Good luck in you Sojourn, I hope you find you way.

edit on 11-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: becaue I am retarded

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If you're busy sitting crossed-legged and meditating on love, you won't bother with everything else. Therefore, you are easy to manipulate and trample all over. Perfect!

The tyrany of positive thought usually comes from people with so much judgement and hatred in them, the hypocrisy is hilarious. Don't try and convince me that you are a superior, love-filled being. I don't buy into your bull. Ain't nobody here who is.

Look at the universe around you, people. The consciousness that spawned all of this, is infinitely light and infinitely dark. And the dark outweighs the light. In darkness, you can truly see; the light will only blind and burn.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I
Look at the universe around you, people. The consciousness that spawned all of this, is infinitely light and infinitely dark. And the dark outweighs the light. In darkness, you can truly see; the light will only blind and burn.

You can light the darkest room with just a match. The dark always retreats from the light. The light never fades no matter how black the darkness is.

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
If you're busy sitting crossed-legged and meditating on love, you won't bother with everything else. Therefore, you are easy to manipulate and trample all over. Perfect!

It is easier to manipulate one that is not of spirit for when you fully understand what cannot be taught one loses fear and the only way to control another is some variation of fear.

edit on 11-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: Added another quote

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

tankthinker,

There appears to be a little bit of overkill on the "awareness" thing lately.

If you ask me, if this "Oneness" is out there why love would be it's main (lacking a better term here) motor?? If anything, oneness is just an other word for indifference. You know, no judgment, just observation.

But then again, what do I know!! I really don't care....

Peace

edit on 11-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: stupid english

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 9/11/2010 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the oneness cannot be described in any kind of linguistic way,it has to observed it can be observed and tested and felt and known it just can't be explained

we are all one ,and you're right it does suck to be one with psycho paths ,criminals terrorists perverts liars etc,,,but it is really wonderful to be one with, loved ones, friends, animals, plants ,space, weather ,light ,darkness......blah blah!

so I dunno what to say except just quit thinking about it if it makes you uncomfortable

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You have understood some serious stuff.

That maybe where the real enlightenment begins. Yes we are one the sense that we all belong into same realm. Same laws bounds us all, and yes, what we insist in our little lives about is illusion, yet it is very real.

This is the reality. This is everything - our little loans and every day business. Yet thinkin them in profound way reveals how little we are, and yet how our little lives in it's great modesty is everything we got. We are no gods, and there are no gods, there is just this illusion which is our spiritual emptiness.

The illusion my friend I dare to say, is understanding that the illusion itself is an illusion. We are noting but our bodies, which may be matter, energy or whatever it is, we our psyche. What we experience is real to us, but how we interpret it, is an illusion (or is it?). There is no need for interpetation at all. Just take life as it is, with its loans, drawbacks, gains, possibilites as they are. No need to imagine anything fancy. Things in fact are # - ahem sorry about that - with our culture, with our way of life and so on, but they are as we have made them.Our experience is our existence, no need to shovel it down on anybody's throat

We are all miserably wrong, with our illusions about reality, yet we all are. And we all can see how the things really are, but it takes courage. That courage may be needed to admit our nonesense.

-v

Edit to add:
I think that if there is some kind of all world power, like we wish to think NWO is, their interests would include one world religion, this fancy new-age-indian-metaphysics-christian-buddhist qabalah. It could be the new golem intented to slave us - or it could be our imagination. It could be aliens as well. It could be gnomish underground bankers a la Harry Potter. Or it could be irrelevant to the universe what we humans decide to do. But to us all this is very important. If one cares about it.

edit on 11-9-2010 by v01i0 because: Edit to add.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The constant talk about it by Egos on Internet is unbearably dull, I agree.

But the experience of Oneness is something else entirely.

Dont mistake the two. Namaste.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oneness and Eternal Love are childish notions that resist reality in favor of superficial dreams that will never come to fruition. I agree it can be an experience but not for 99% of the people that believe so earnestly in it. The world is a hostile place with lots of suffering of which must be first accepted before one can maturely work out how to change things.

It is not our suffering that hurts but our aversion to suffering, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Brilliant reply.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Oneness and Eternal Love are childish notions that resist reality in favor of superficial dreams that will never come to fruition. I agree it can be an experience but not for 99% of the people that believe so earnestly in it. The world is a hostile place with lots of suffering of which must be first accepted before one can maturely work out how to change things.

It is not our suffering that hurts but our aversion to suffering, nothing else.

Childish you say? It's quite the opposite. It is where we are headed on the evolutionary ladder.
I think those that are so against this concept, need to do a little less thinking, and a little more feeling. Love and logic are bad bed fellows.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Childish you say? It's quite the opposite. It is where we are headed on the evolutionary ladder.
I think those that are so against this concept, need to do a little less thinking, and a little more feeling. Love and logic are bad bed fellows.

Don't you find it odd that the universe is run on logic, yet we insist to promote irrational emotions? Love can be logic, and it is.

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is all just nonsense.

Everything is about being, and experience, everything else is nonsense. Of course there 6 billion subjective perceptions relating to this topic though.

edit on 11-9-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Your are of the devil and forgive me mods if i am wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
Bring wood and oil!
Get a fire going!!!!!

Originally posted by assasinforfather

Your are of the devil and forgive me mods if i am wrong.

Indeed they are going to burn the OP!

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ah, you work so hard at building your defense....

The "oneness" is simply stated as a philosophical view one can achieve, but impossible to explain to the unenlightened--ooops!--another impossible view to explain to those not having achieved such.

Actually, it is more of a feeling, but it is one that has no words that can adequately describe it. Let it suffice that trying to describe enlightenment or the oneness is similar finding the words to fully explain a sexual climate. You will never have any idea of the reward until you achieve it.

As the more animalistic one gives you a entirely new view on what life is about, so the other gives you an entirely new view of what everything is about. --It only comes with practiced meditation and a desire to grow beyond the physical.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The constant talk about it by Egos on Internet is unbearably dull, I agree.

That is so perfect in its simplicity. Like a picture that sentence painted many more words that what was in it. Proof that depth need not be complex. There is an epiphany here somewhere...simplicity, perfection and love. So many pieces to the simple puzzle? How can that be? Like meditation being so simple, yet is so hard to achieve properly.

I am not sure exactly what I am getting at, like said there is an epiphany in simplicity explaining what cannot be explained in all the words ever written by mankind.

It is what it is.

This saying: I think therefore I am.

Should be: I am therefore I am.

We are beyond thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join