It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning the 9/11 Commission Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just came across this and thought others on ATS might like to see it.

In light of the recent Koran burning controversy, these guys decided to burn the 9/11 Commission Report instead.

After having to endure hearing about that goober preacher in Florida who wanted to burn the Koran for a week, Justin and I decided to burn a book truly worth burning, the September 11th Commission Report. A book so chock full of lies and propaganda, that it's long LONG overdue to be purged from this earth!

I don't suggest we start burning books, even books full of lies can help us learn the truth... but I thought this was an interesting way to make a statement on the anniversary of Sept 11th.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nice I support this 100%

Lines

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Throughout history it's been proven that when people decide to burn books, it's not really becuase of the message contained in the book. It's always the case the people burning the books don't know jack sh*t about what the book they're burnign actually says, and are relying on some hate filled rubbish they're getting from someone else. They're not burnign it out of any principle, they're burning it out of sheer unrepentent ignorance. Hitler never read any Jewish poetry, those Spanish missionaries never read the Mayan codexs, that Bible thumper never read the Koran...and these self rightuous conspiracy monger idiots never read the 9/11 commission report and are getting all their information from some damned fool conspiracy website. How then can they say it's a pack of lies when they've never read it and have no idea what the lies supposedly even are?

Let's put it the vote on whether I'm right or not- how many people chomping at the bit to come down on me for posting this have read the 9/11 commission report either, and learned what they "think*"is in the report from someone else?

edit on 11-9-2010 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I've research the book and even have it on my HD as a pdf file. It's fascinating as far as the data points and the timeline specifics, and the historical parts are pretty compelling, but it's what the report lacks and the assertions it comes to as a result of its lack of actual coverage that doom it as a serious investigation report.

The only people who buy it as truth are being paid to, worrying about business contracts with those being paid to, or ideologically aligned with those being paid to. The rest of the literate planet thinks it's foolishness and just more of what's wrong with the US in the 21st century.

But go ahead and defend it. No one has any illusions concerning your predisposition on this matter. Like when we watch some woman on TV claiming that her whites are whiter with Tide. We know that she's not really standing in her laundry room. We know that she's surrounded by cameras and crews. We're not stupid. Maybe in 2005 you guys were able to sway some opinions, but that train pulled out of the station years ago. This debate is settled and has been settled for some time now. The real debate is over what to do about it.

edit on 9/11/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
im not american and i agree with the statement of burning that book of 9/11 commission report. if only people woke up and stop beliving the lies bien told by there own government. altho not everyone will....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I agree that is typically the case when it comes to book burning, but whether that is the case with these two, I cannot say.

As I stated in my original post, we can learn truth even from books and documents filled with lies. In fact, without those books and documents, we can't prove the lies. However, burning just one as a statement is alright with me. Burning information on a mass scale would be a bummer for all of humanity tho...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

S & F

thank you for posting it

edit to add : let's make the 9/11 the day to burn the report .

edit on 11-9-2010 by ShadowKnight322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What makes you the expert on what other people have or have not read? Do you have some sort of telepathy or intel that can prove anything? IF not than they are just your assumptions, not PROOF of any kind.

new topics

top topics

join