It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Disabled Manning’s Weapon Prior to Leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Army Disabled Manning’s Weapon Prior to Leaks

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e9b888ddbd5.jpg[/atsimg]

A civilian defense attorney hired recently by alleged WikiLeaks leaker Bradley Manning says the Army was so concerned about his client’s mental health prior to the alleged leaks that supervisors removed the bolt from his military weapon, disabling it.

www.wired.com...

comments:
so the Army disabled Manning's weapon prior to leaks
and this is how the Army controls dissenters???
If they were so concerned about his mental state
why was he left in his duty station?? This is a new
development I hadn't heard about before.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did you read the rest of the article?

Swedish authorities announced on Wednesday that they were re-opening a rape case against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Public Prosecutions Director Marianne Ny said there was “reason to believe a crime has been committed” and that the crime was classified as rape. She also announced she was re-classifying a second “molestation” case against Assange as one of sexual coercion and sexual molestation. Read More www.wired.com...

You see they are going after him to. Wow, the US does have reach....

It is odd that the investigation pops back up now.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I find this a little odd and have never seen this happen before. Instead of taking the bolt out of the weapon, they should have just left the weapon in the armory and placed him somewhere that a weapon isn't needed. If they took the bolt out of the weapon, Manning would know it, so it isn't as if they were trying to be covert. I have a sneaky suspicion that this isn't the reason that the bolt was removed.

Furthermore, it takes paperwork, a lot of it, to remove someone from duty for medical reasons, to include mental health. It also takes time. I'm not sure what to believe in this. Maybe Manning believes that the bolt was removed from his weapon due to his percieved Mental Health and unless he was in an outpost somewhere, which is unlikely given the circumstances, then his weapon would have just stayed in the Armory or with the Armorer if he presented a danger.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

well spoon, the article did mention that Manning had been sent
to see a chaplain, if that wasn't enough of a tip-off.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Something doesn't sound right about this.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I find this a little odd and have never seen this happen before. Instead of taking the bolt out of the weapon, they should have just left the weapon in the armory and placed him somewhere that a weapon isn't needed.

--airspoon

Yeah, I concur completely.

I've never heard of this happening before due to a mental health issue.

If they think you are nuts, they aren't going to let you near the weapon to begin with.

new topics

top topics

join