It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Taliban beheaded in revenge for two Beheadings in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This story was just posted on the Houston Chronicle site:

www.chron.com...

"KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- - Afghan soldiers be.ed four Taliban fighters after guerrillas cut off the .s of an Afghan interpreter for U.S.-led forces and an Afghan soldier, a government commander said today."

"They cut off their .s with a knife, so when our forces arrested four Taliban, we cut off their .s too."

I wonder what this eye for an eye times two tactic will lead too? Maybe this is how the U.S. should respond to the be.ings of Berg and Johnson.

Something to think about. I say why not give it a try with a few terrorist? What have we got to loose?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't believe the United States should EVER be in the business of chopping off people's .s.

That said, I am very very interested to see the reaction of the Taliban forces in Afghanistan and I am wondering if they'll try something like that again soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut

Something to think about. I say why not give it a try with a few terrorist? What have we got to loose?

The revenge for the be.ing of the be.ing of the be.ing....

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow its a two for one sale!

take one of ours and we'll take two of yours. quite the impression they are setting there. and they are afghans so they're free to do as they will.

i wonder how people would react if america started doing this.

since embarassing prisoners is a huge no no how would people feel if the same hing was done to the terrorists at they do to others. i dont see the difference seeing as how they'll be killed anyway. knife or rifle...either way i suppose.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Actually, its not a bad idea................

Listen folks. This endless cycle is not going to close.

If you seriously think there is a such thing as "high moral ground" in this war, you need to stop smoking whatever it is and turn off disney. THERE IS NO HIGH MORAL GROUND. That is a notion for complete idiots and deluded morons in a dream world.

The fact is, this war is unwinnable. You cant wage war on "terrorism" anymore than you can wage war on "drugs".

So, if we are going to mire ourselves in a total falsehood and pipedream, we may as well be realistic. This whole idea of right and wrong is hysterical. How can we fight such a war against such enemies who simply place no value on "fair play", "decency", "life", or all these other illusions we subscribe to? They are the realists, we live in a dream world.

I think if we "lowered" ourselves to thier level, and used the same tactics they do, this war might actually shed its illusions and show us its true face.

We need good Americans ready to die for thier country to strap on a high yield bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in a Saudi Mall full of innocent women and children. We need good pilots to hijack Saudi civilian airliners and crash them into the mosque at Mecca during the Haj. Maybe even a few militia to break into various arab embassies in Washington DC, hold them hosdtage and threaten gruesome tortures and decpatiations, ect.

Remeber the movie Apocalypse Now? remeber the Mad Colonel Kurz?

Hes right. Thats how you fight a war. Mimic your enemy's tactics. Especially when your war, like Vietnam, like Iraq, has no real basis or justification in reality.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have been thinking this for a while - the only real way to discourage terrorists is to bring terror to them. We will never do it - we always have to take the "higher moral ground" - but if we could get someone else to do it (Afghanis have already), then this could have some effect.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Exactly. To fight the devil, you have to become the devil.

I can't say I don't like the 2 for 1 deal either lol...
They had it coming.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If they are not wearing a military uniform, do not have a clear national leadership to be held responsible, are carrying a weapon on a declared field of battle then they have no Geneva convention rights.

Be.ing is barbaric, they should be quickly put to death on sight.

The only exception is capture for intelligence, whatever is neccessary to obtain the needed information is not limited by convention according to the above rules.

I say make darn sure Al Qaida knows they have been captured and that they talked - then send em back - save us the trouble.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
We need good Americans ready to die for thier country to strap on a high yield bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in a Saudi Mall full of innocent women and children.

Good idea! Would you care to go first Skadi the Evil Elf?

Oh no? What, you'd rather watch someone else do it on Ogrish from the comfort of your trailer and Kraft dinner?

new topics

top topics

join