It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DDT-Perfect Metaphor for Liberal Sensibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have found the perfect metaphor for the limited intellect & arrogance of a liberal, the pesticide DDT.

DDT when widely in use was considered a miracle pesticide. Not only was it effective but it biodegraded in the environment rapidly and was completely non-toxic to humans and other life forms versus any other pesticide available. Its use had effectively reduced deaths from malaria by killing off mosquitoes to less than 100,000 people per year. After it was banned based upon a book written by Rachel Carson (May she burn in hell) that had no scientific merit what so ever. Her only assertion about its danger was that a certain species of bird did not appear although other birds in the same habitat, nesting grounds and feeding areas were thriving. The facts or science did not get in the way as liberal “glue heads that had gone organic” got it banned and subsequently coerced the rest of the world to go along. Since, its use stopped, malaria deaths alone have reportedly reached pre-DDT levels of as many as 10,000,000 per year in tropical third world countries.

This is classic liberal thought process. The left has massive campaigns to redistribute wealth or take away liberty to save lives from aids, starvation, obesity, guns and war none of which even remotely approach the number of deaths per year from malaria and other insect bourn diseases. Liberals would not consider removing the ban on DDT that was based upon completely fallacious science.

The final irony is that the same liberals that knowingly sacrifice starving children (to use the omnipresent liberal metaphor for any cause) at the altar of the environment are now at last discussing allowing the use of DDT. The reason; “bed bugs” parasites are now infesting New York City. Liberals that allow millions to die for an environmental cause only now have a change of heart because they might get bit on the ass. A perfect metaphor describing the circle of liberal/elitist arrogance.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Since, its use stopped, malaria deaths alone have reportedly reached pre-DDT levels of as many as 10,000,000 per year in tropical third world countries.

Wait a minute there, I thought it was the right who had the corner on NWO style population control ideals. Well, what do you know! It appears there are elitists on both sides after all!

Doesn't that fly in the face of those who claim the left are the only ones who are capable of possessing compassion?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes, that's also what I've come to belive after research in the subject.

It was too effective and was not killing the 3rd world fast enough for TPTB.

Some bulls347 excuse was given, and they banned a substance that saved almost 10 million lives a year.

And yes, you need the left side to accomplish such tasks, just like you need the right side to go to war.

Or you can have a dictator that does both, really no difference in my mind.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
I have found the perfect metaphor for the limited intellect & arrogance of a liberal, the pesticide DDT.

Perhaps DDT is also a perfect metaphor for the Conservative Right. It allows them to ignore the cumulative effects of what they see as short-term benefit, yet still give them an opportunity to make wide ranging and ignorant attacks on those who dare to disagree with them.

Google 'dangers of DDT'.Then look up the following:
-"When Corrections Fail: The persistence of political misperceptions" www-personal.umich.edu...

-"Of Genes and Exit Polls" www.forbes.com...

-"WHAT MAKES PEOPLE VOTE REPUBLICAN?" www.edge.org...

Happy reading!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fairly simplistic notions, but you have to do that to spin things the way you want to. Since in depth analysis would be too challenging intellectually.

I doubt "liberals" were responsible for the ban on DDT and I don't think when hotels are infested with bed bugs that is has anything to do with liberals or conservatives for that matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Does your rant negate the harmful effects of DDT?

NO, have you read up on the effects? Hope not...

On the other side of the coin do you think a whole population should be subjected to poison?

Seems to me there are two problems...

Clorox will destroy the flu virus, but it will also damage your mitochondrial DNA

The dispersants used to counter the oil in the gulf presents a similar problem, both options are not optimal.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You mean attacks like this.........

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
You mean attacks like this.........

No, I mean attacks like "I have found the perfect metaphor for the limited intellect & arrogance of a liberal..."

I self-identify as both a liberal and a Liberal, and I don't think I qualify as either limited intellectually or as arrogant. The OP may have grounds for a cost-benefit analysis about the banning of DDT, but by using the subject as an attack on those bogeymen he dubs 'liberals', he becomes irrelevant, as does his post.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well,I have a question for your,JC. Are liberals and atheists smarter?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh another troll thread WOOHOO

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Well,I have a question for your,JC. Are liberals and atheists smarter?

Not necessarily at all...and there are plenty of religious liberals, I might add. Conservatism holds no exclusivity on religious faith.

I don't think I am smarter than any Conservative just because I don't understand their point of view. I am smart enough to acknowledge that. I accept that Conservatives think differently and it is interesting to note that it may well be nature, not nurture.

Why? What's your point?

top topics

join