It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled demolition billboard behind Pastor Jones image - he vows he will never burn a Koran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello there,

i was just wondering if anyone could explain the following image to me. I found this image on www.nydailynews.com, which was linked to by yahoo.com news section.

Source: N ydailynews.com

the billboard on this image behind Pastor Jones reads the following: 9/11 EXPLOSIVE EVIDENCE - CONTROLLED DEMOLITION

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/886dd9664f84.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, what makes me wonder :
- Isn't Pastor Jones supposed to blame extremist Muslims for this act? Then why this billboard behind him, which puts the blame of 9/11 on something else (controlled demolition) , but not the OS ?
- Or did he stand somewhere specifically so that journalist took this snapshot of him by accident?
- Also, i think Yahoo and nydailynews are rather mainstream media, so why this picture on their website with news about Pastor Jones. After all MSM rarely covers anything about the "truth movement".
- Another "coincidence", is that the news is about : "Pastor Terry Jones vows he will never burn a Koran"...does this image imply that the real reason he vows so, is that he thinks the fall of the NY twin towers were controlled demolitions?

Many thanks & regards,
NagaBonar

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

I may be wrong, but I don't think that was a "billboard" but a "picket sign"

When I was watching the clips of him talking, someone walked behind him carrying it. If you notice, it's slightly tilted...or he is...my guess is the sign is tilted though.

I do agree with you though...it is odd that the news sources would use that picture. There are many more they could have used. They probably used it though to equate him to more "craziness"

Good catch

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That's interesting.

It could also be used to discredit him further - oh look at the nutcase. You know?
for the folks that are set on the official 911 story, it might be a subliminal reinforcer that the guy and his actions are 'not right in the head.'

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yeah, rather seems to be a signboard carried by someone due to the tilt. Must have been a big signboard though. His reason why he stopped the burning of Koran never really made sense. He is a Pastor, and one would think that he sticks to what he says (not that I am supporting the burning). He probably bend under the pressure by high officials to cancel the burning.

So it looks like this picture tries to discredit him further, at least for the people who believe in the OS.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It was just a protest sign. I was watching news coverage of him as the sign passed and the commentators mentioned that it was plaguing so many of their live coverage this week. I forget the exact words they used but they were saying how this was about the 3rd time they went to a live shot of something unrelated to 9/11 and saw a sign like this soaking up the camera time.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

The one I saw was a big sign as well.

The only difference is, if I remember correctly (which I may not be) the instance I was taking about was in front of a building. But I wouldn't doubt the guy with the sign followed him around.

I will say...the pic kinda looks altered. Maybe it was an attempt to discredit...hmmm...*slowly puts on tin foil hat*

and Curiousisall, I agree. I think it was just a protest sign...but why not have a little fun.

edit on 9/11/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: add reply to Curiousisall

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

and Curiousisall, I agree. I think it was just a protest sign...but why not have a little fun.

I completely agree and did not mean to ruin anyone's fun at all. I would much rather delve into something more nefarious in nature. It just stuck out to me because I was not even paying attention really until I realized the folks on TV were no longer discussing the story but going on and on about truthers getting in theirs shots all day. It just kind of caught my attention but if you like, how about this.

I am not sure what channel I had on because I rotate but since I am apparently the only one to catch this we can then suggest that either I am not accurate in my accounting or that the news channel realized that people were going to spot this and start discussing so they made up this little bit where they whined about it to get people like me to dismiss it offhand later.

I hope that can bring some of the fun back.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: fix quote

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Like I and many before me have been saying for years, one day a major figure, wether it be a person or a country, is going to step forward and charge the US with 2 wars for oil.

Not only will they be fingered for 9/11 but also the WMDs in Iraq.

Hitler invented pre-emptive war, the US and israhell are modern day Nazis, and most of the world already sees it.

I've been to the UK and Australia in the past few years, and the absolute consensus there is 9/11 is an inside job and it's oil wars.

This could also be the straw that breaks the camels back...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Oh I was meaning "tin foil hat" fun. Not trying to make a negative comment towards you.

I don't doubt the news guys would talk about it...either as truth or as prevention.

Oh well though. Mystery is solved here.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Curiousisall

Oh I was meaning "tin foil hat" fun. Not trying to make a negative comment towards you.

I don't doubt the news guys would talk about it...either as truth or as prevention.

Oh well though. Mystery is solved here.

No worries. I took it exactly as that. I am all for the tin foil fun so I thought I would help. If I were considering conspiracies here, I would first doubt my unsourced claim and then go from there. That is just how I would be, I did not mean to come across as taking anything negative from you.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If this was an attempt to discredit him, I think he's about to get a whole new fan-base because of it.

Obviously this particular photo was hand-chosen on purpose (so to make him appear as a radical) but I wonder if the MSM is ALSO helping the Elite to keep this nation divided!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
did you guys see what the first show was on the discovery channel was this morning at 12am on 9-11-10? a show about demolition. wow....i dont know if this was just a slap in the face or what.....the very first show on 9-11 was about demolition. it was called "the detonators" or something like that. all about bringing buildings down.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

top topics

join