It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Is A Reality TV Show. Voila!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.

-Shakespeare

And so it is, that there is no higher meaning to life than the dramatic "act". We are all merely players in one big existential theatre composed of men women trees tables rabbits Eiffel Tower New Jersey, other various props and costumes and parts and sets.

Where one cast member faithfully announces their exit in a fanciful fashion another prepares a grand gesture to signal his singularly exceptional entrance. To what? That is to the comic indifference of life. That is to things in motion and events in transition. That is to life's eternal allure to mischievousness, pleasure, and feigned feelings.

You my friends all pay reverential respect to the sole vocation available to inhabitants on this planet, to coax to a climax Dionysian energies of a transitory cosmos into a crescendo of sorrowful beauty and smoldering conscience. Not to forget your magnificent smile during the heat of battle, or a love scene, for the cameras are always rolling.

As Patrick Bateman prowls the midnight urban landscape for a respectable hooker while thumbing an off-color bone engraved business card in expensive limousine there is quiet anticipation, the whole audience grips seats in suspense. Scene 15, during ultra macho lascivious escapades one is hammered by the glorious applause from vicarious voyeurs spying from the mezzanine.

A picture within a picture, a world within a world within a world of post-modern objectivism.

Take two... Action!

edit on 11-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ever read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? This reminds me of a futurama or a simpsons episode, can't remember which.

edit on 11-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I've seen part of the movie. Heard the book was much better though.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Movie = fail. Book = amazing win.

Nice anaolgy by Shakespeare.

And very true on the larger scale.

The real challenge is exiting the game, while still abiding by basic rules. Becoming a referee if you will.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It was actually a southpark episode..........

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

What season?

I love South Park.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
7 season 97th episode, that's what it said anyways the name of it was called "cancelled"

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Oh yeah. It was a good episode.

top topics

join