It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock Presenting at the 2012 Conference

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Look carefully at the picture. It's the flight route from Egypt to Arizona...8000 miles. Do you really think the Egyptians (minus ocean-going vessels), navigated their way out through Gibraltar and crossed the Atlantic? Did they then transport their 'golden treasure and dead pharaohs' across the mainland to the Grand Canyon or did they tack round the Cape Horn and come up on the Western seaboard?

As coc aine and other American drugs has been detected in Egyptian mummies,
www.faculty.ucr.edu...
the ancient Egyptians must have had the ocean-sailing skills to travel to South America, the only continent where the cocao plant grows. If they reached South America, it is plausible that they managed to travel to North America, too, and explore some of its territory, perhaps leaving some of their art and treasures here and there as gifts to placate the local Indians. But archaeologists, brainwashed by European history (Columbus discovered America) and ever striving to preserve a discredited paradigm, don't want you to believe that.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

As coc aine and other American drugs has been detected in Egyptian mummies, www.faculty.ucr.edu... the ancient Egyptians must have had the ocean-sailing skills to travel to South America, the only continent where the cocao plant grows. If they reached South America, it is plausible that they managed to travel to North America, too, and explore some of its territory, perhaps leaving some of their art and treasures here and there as gifts to placate the local Indians. But archaeologists, brainwashed by European history (Columbus discovered America) and ever striving to preserve a discredited paradigm, don't want you to believe that.

The coc aine thing always comes up around here. Separate studies using a sample of 18 (iirc) bodies taken ,in situ in Egypt, revealed no signs of coc aine. The ones that have shown coke in the organs had travelled. The coke evidence remains interesting as far I'm concerned...

The thing is, the small sample that apparently contain coke, isn't enough to jump to the conclusion Egyptians travelled to the Americas. It's a small anomaly. On the other hand, we've got numerous records and receipts of Egyptian trade expeditions and deals. They were tight-lipped about the location of Punt, but that's probably been identified now...Land of Punt Found? They had neighbours who also kept records. I also showed earlier they didn't have the technology for ocean travel.

It's more likely that coca plants once existed within reach of the trade routes available to Egyptians than they travelled to America. It's even more likely that the coc aine samples are tainted or inaccurate, as often as I've tried, I can't find any evidence against the coc aine presence. I'll have to live with that, but it doesn't alter my view that Egypt and pre-Colombian America had no contact.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Of Course thats your opinion an i guess you will stick with it! PS St Brendon from Ireland was in North America long before that Spanish cat! so History is always open to change.especially Ancient History

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by Kandinsky

Of Course thats your opinion an i guess you will stick with it! PS St Brendon from Ireland was in North America long before that Spanish cat! so History is always open to change.especially Ancient History

It is open to change...upon proof. We have proof of the Vikings in North America. Note, please, that this proof was not suppressed nor warehoused. It is celebrated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

While we are aware of the tales of St Brendon, we have no proof forthcoming so they will have to remain just that...stories. So...is it such a bad thing that we identify them as such? Doesn't it beat constructing a false history?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I sincerely hope your not referring to me!
OK maybe im a little out,,

"A little?"

Dave, here's what you said first:

you can see how they tried to copy the Pyramids from around 4,000 years ago an it doesn't come near the Perfection

Then it was:

i just bought my daughter a history book for school an there still saying man stopped been a hunter gatherer an grew crops for the first time 4,000 years ago ,,well i think thats crap,, you think personally what you like man, ill personally do the same!

Dave, read what you posted:

Systemic and widespread cultivation of crops appears not to have occurred until about 8500 BC, when it suddenly became widespread in the Fertile Crescent

Please note that the above date is 10,500 years ago, not "4,000 years ago."

You have made up a fictional "history book for (your) daughter" here to try and pretend that you somehow know something that all of science doesn't.

So, of course I was referring to you.

I thought I was an egoist!

Do you give lessons?

Harte

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My argument is we didn't just start after the ice age but before it , an that info is suppressed

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

My argument is we didn't just start after the ice age but before it , an that info is suppressed

I would refer you to my recent thread about the changing landscape of archaeology and our knowledge base.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

the history channel--all though sometimes very good--its still mainstream media so ill take a grain of salt please.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry to original poster and others, but I personally think this is complete rubbish.
Really hard to say anything constructive if I feels like that, sorry.

But to those who believe, it's quite amazing indeed! Keep on rocking guys.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
GRAHAM HANCOCK IS GIVING A TALK IN NEWPORT PEMBROKESHIRE ON MARCH 5TH
freeminds

tickets are on sale now please visit wesite for futher information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join