It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock Presenting at the 2012 Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok so maybe G H doesn't have all the answers but who does?

Where did the knowledge come from to build the Pyramids?

Modern scientists can't explain everything.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akhenaten

You can say that again!
you can see how they tried to copy the Pyramids from around 4,000 years ago an it doesn't come near the Perfection,, lets face it before the last Ice age Mankind could manipulate Stone to such a degree we cant even imagine today!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Originally posted by Akhenaten

You can say that again!
you can see how they tried to copy the Pyramids from around 4,000 years ago an it doesn't come near the Perfection,, lets face it before the last Ice age Mankind could manipulate Stone to such a degree we cant even imagine today!

You might be interested in the following series of pages courtesy of NOVA, which includes the statement from Zawi Hawass...not the most conservative of Egyptologists:

NOVA: There have been claims that a great civilization predates ancient dynastic Egypt—one that existed some 10,500 years B.C.—and that this civilization was responsible for building the pyramids and sculpting the Sphinx. Is this possible?
HAWASS: Of course it is not possible for one reason. Until now there is no evidence at all that has been found in any place, not only at Giza, but also in Egypt. People have been excavating in Egypt for the last 200 years. No single artifact, no single inscription, or pottery, or anything has been found until now, in any place to predate the Egyptian civilization more than 5,000 years ago. www.pbs.org...

...and before everybody gets all breathless, I would suggest that the context shows that the phrase "until now" is an ESL translation of "thus far".

And quite frankly, modern scientists can explain more than you seem to realise. And the ancients were not as stupid as some seem to insist they were.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I had a feeling you would bring up that PTB puppet Zawi Hawass. I have no time or that man at all!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I had a feeling you would bring up that PTB puppet Zawi Hawass. I have no time or that man at all!

PTB? Do tell! Most don't like him because he limits access to the sites, based upon centuries of academic rape of his country's antiquities...and he is more of a showman that is considered seeming. Besides, you really ought to check out the comments by Mark Lehner, who went in as a 'true believer', but his investigations led him to go over to the dark side...which is to say he is now a prominent archaeologist. Oh...the horror!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think he's a total charlatan!! I spent some time in Egypt and the little peeps are scared to death of him!! Those people are POOR keepers of the antiquities that belong to the entire human race!!

He was a total sell-out with that Maury Povich special about the mummies. I have no respect for the man!!!

You DO realize he was American educated? He's just another player in the Grand Game who takes himself WAAAAAAAAYY too seriously.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl

I think he's a total charlatan!! I spent some time in Egypt and the little peeps are scared to death of him!! Those people are POOR keepers of the antiquities that belong to the entire human race!!

He was a total sell-out with that Maury Povich special about the mummies. I have no respect for the man!!!

You DO realize he was American educated? He's just another player in the Grand Game who takes himself WAAAAAAAAYY too seriously.

I won't say that he's doing it entirely right...and his TV presence is a little lacking. But I don't think we're going to see something like the Elgin Marbles (I know...Greece) go down on his watch. The whole issue of ethical archaeology and museology is in flux. It was broken, and looting brown people of their antiquities for the betterment of the human race has finally been called into question. It ain't fixed...but it's about time that curators in London, Berlin, New York, etc, get used to the idea that those treasures belong first to those countries and peoples that produced them. Anything else is a loan. If they want that material kept out of the black market, they'd better play ball.

Just as an aside, you want poor administration of antiquities? I'd point out Baghdad...and that was under America's watch.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The Guy's a Dickhead! with conventional Dickhead Theories ! as iv said before Archeology needs to be turned on its Head! we need some Honest answers to Honest questions an i think the time is right now! PS did you know that hardly any Archaeologist can Swim never mind go diving to see whats of the coasts ,,there is much to be found there!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The Guy's a Dickhead! with conventional Dickhead Theories ! as iv said before Archeology needs to be turned on its Head! we need some Honest answers to Honest questions an i think the time is right now! PS did you know that hardly any Archaeologist can Swim never mind go diving to see whats of the coasts ,,there is much to be found there!

Personally, I think you should pay a little less attention to what you are being told by those breathless true believers, and spend a little more time in taking a look at the state of the science.

edit on 17-9-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: I forgot to mind my manners,

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Personally, I think you should pay a little less attention to what you are being told by those breathless true believers, and spend a little more time in taking a look at the state of the science.

edit on 17-9-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: I forgot to mind my manners,

I know what you think personally,, of course iv studied history i love history man always have, i feel we have been lied to over the years, i just bought my daughter a history book for school an there still saying man stopped been a hunter gatherer an grew crops for the first time 4,000 years ago ,,well i think thats crap,, you think personally what you like man, ill personally do the same!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

He does act like one quite often.

The 'conventional' ideas exist whether he does or not. They aren't the creation of one person, but the outcome of several hundred years of observations, excavations and historical research.

There's a short podcast you might find interesting. It discusses the discovery of an Egyptian grave from ~5500BC...that's some 2000 odd years before the first known Pharaohs. Inside the grave were the collection of objects thought to be of use in the afterlife. Amongst them was a model of four cattle.

The podcast sheds light on how conventional ideas come about. They aren't plucked from thin air or learned by rote due to some shady Illuminati library book. They are founded on some pretty, reasonable thinking...and a bit of evidence too. In this case, we can see how something so simple as a small model of cattle can tell us about climate, social customs and a rough date of the burial. Give it a listen and you just might enjoy a peep into life on the conventional side...Egyptian clay model of cattle.

There's also a paper on Egyptian boat building...yawn? It could seem boring, but have a look and skim the text. It's short and illustrated with photos and drawings. The reason I'm posting it is to show you how much goes into drawing conclusions in Egyptology. In this case, they've found ancient Egyptian boats in tombs and caves. They know (for a fact) that Egyptians used portable boats that were designed to be dismantled and carried or stored between use. They've reconstructed some using the same tools used by Egyptians.

All this tells us a huge amount about the people and times. The timber (cedar) suggests trade with neighbours. The designs suggest boats for war, for travel and and for cargo. The construction points to which tools were used. The styles and sizes tell us about social classes. Where they were found (grave or cave) tells us about the status of the grave occupants or the importance of the location of the cave -near an ancient harbour perhaps? The wood can be carbon-dated, the graves can be dated by the goods contained inside. The bodies can be dated by analysing anything from teeth to hip bones. 1st Dynasty Boat Building by Cheryl Ward (not as boring as it sounds!!)

What I'm trying to point out, Dave, is the multi-faceted aspect of conventional thought in Egyptology. Men like Hancock have to not only match this amount of evidence...they have to surpass it too.

Look at it like a game of poker..Hancock keeps betting on a pair, or bluffing, when the Egyptologists keep getting flushes and straights.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I know what you think personally,, of course iv studied history i love history man always have, i feel we have been lied to over the years, i just bought my daughter a history book for school an there still saying man stopped been a hunter gatherer an grew crops for the first time 4,000 years ago

From the above, it is plain to see that we are being lied to alright.

But not by historians, archaeologists, book publishers or government officials.

Harte

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I sincerely hope your not referring to me!
OK maybe im a little out,,

Systemic and widespread cultivation of crops appears not to have occurred until about 8500 BC, when it suddenly became widespread in the Fertile Crescent. This may have been due to both climate and societal changes. The main crops were relatives of modern wheat (emmer, einkorn), barley, flax, pea, lentil, bitter vetch (a lentil-type crop) and chickpea. Systematic organised agriculture, including mono-cropping, irrigation and an allocated workforce does not appear to have happened in the region until about 5500 BC. Farming
did not reach north-western Europe until about 4800 BC.

Spontaneous cultivation of new agricultural crops seems to have happened again and again in human history. Teosinte (the simplest maize plant) was first cultivated in the meso-Americas in about 3500BC, potatoes in South America about 5000BC, rice by 5000 BC in China.

Source,,
www.blurtit.com...

edit on 19-9-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So my argument is we were not in caves before the end of the last ice age! i think we were cultivating crops a long time before the time set in our history books is all im saying, an now im been called a lier?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hears an other example of out of place Artafacts! on Coast to Coast,,see the rest on youtube ,,

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Sheesh, Dave!

Do we have to go through the 'Egyptian stuff in the Grand Canyon' thing again? It was a hoax. The guy in the story didn't exist. It was all made up.

If you'd read the boat building paper, you'd know it was a BS story.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A bell found in coal?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Sheesh, Dave!

Do we have to go through the 'Egyptian stuff in the Grand Canyon' thing again? It was a hoax. The guy in the story didn't exist. It was all made up.

If you'd read the boat building paper, you'd know it was a BS story.

Archeological Coverups?
by David Hatcher Childress

World Explorers Club
403 Kemp Street
Kempton, Illinois 60946-0074 USA
Tel : (815) 253-6390
FAX : (815) 253-6300

The Smithsonian began to promote the idea that Native Americans, at
that time being exterminated in the Indian Wars, were descended from
advanced civilisations and were worthy of respect and protection.

They also began a program of suppressing any archaeological evidence
that lent credence to the school of thought known as Diffusionism, a
school which believes that throughout history there has been
widespread dispersion of culture and civilisation via contact by
ship and major trade routes.

The Smithsonian opted for the opposite school, known as
Isolationism. Isolationism holds that most civilisations are
isolated from each other and that there has been very little contact
between them, especially those that are separated by bodies of
water. In this intellectual war that started in the 1880s, it was
held that even contact between the civilisations of the Ohio and
Mississippi Valleys were rare, and certainly these civilisations did
not have any contact with such advanced cultures as the Mayas,
Toltecs, or Aztecs in Mexico and Central America. By Old World
standards this is an extreme, and even ridiculous idea, considering
that the river system reached to the Gulf of Mexico and these
civilisations were as close as the opposite shore of the gulf. It
was like saying that cultures in the Black Sea area could not have
had contact with the Mediterranean.

When the contents of many ancient mounds and pyramids of the Midwest
were examined, it was shown that the history of the Mississippi
River Valleys was that of an ancient and sophisticated culture that
had been in contact with Europe and other areas. Not only that, the
contents of many mounds revealed burials of huge men, sometimes
seven or eight feet tall, in full armour with swords and sometimes
huge treasures.

(Vangard note..>Eastern Indian texts say that at one time men lived
thousands of years and grew very tall in direct proportion to their
age, as does the Bible with the comment "and there were GIANTS in
the earth in those days...")

For instance, when Spiro Mound in Oklahoma was excavated in the
1930's, a tall man in full armour was discovered along with a pot of
thousands of pearls and other artefacts, the largest such treasure
so far documented. The whereabouts of the man in armour is unknown
and it is quite likely that it eventually was taken to the
Smithsonian Institution.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Look carefully at the picture. It's the flight route from Egypt to Arizona...8000 miles. Do you really think the Egyptians (minus ocean-going vessels), navigated their way out through Gibraltar and crossed the Atlantic? Did they then transport their 'golden treasure and dead pharaohs' across the mainland to the Grand Canyon or did they tack round the Cape Horn and come up on the Western seaboard?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Before the end of the last Ice age ,who knows what kinda Technology People had in there possession! you dont know an ether do I,, but you what to stick with the conventional ideas! an I dont,,so thats were we find this thread leaves us! you can argue your point an i can argue mine all day long but we cant prove anything unless they open the warehouses around the world!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join