It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Sea Scrolls Conspiracy: 1QpHab & the "Wicked Priest"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As is typical of all idolators, numerous metaphors and symbols referred to in both the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Revelation of John are interpreted as referring to a specific person.

The “spouter of lies” and the “wicked priest” of the Commentary on Habakkuk (1QpHab), for example, are widely considered to be referring to one person or another.

See, for example:

www.thescrollsandthesect.com...

On the contrary, the “spouter of lies” is, esoterically, the “beast of the earth” consciousness of the ‘thinker’ (See the Revelation of John and Sura 27:82 of the Quran); while the “wicked priest” is not any one person, but literally, the Jewish religious establishment itself in Jerusalem…

Which, of course, explains why the Dead Sea Scrolls were hidden in the first place.

And which, of course, is why the current researchers on the Dead Sea Scrolls are so obsessed in determining a specific identity for these terms; that is, in order to prevent the understanding that the current Jewish, Christian (and Muslim) religious 'authorities' have no Knowledge whatsoever of the Revelations that they claim to believe in.

Michael Cecil

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Interesting assertions here - I've always intended to study the Dead Sea Scrolls in greater depth, maybe this vague but thought-provoking tidbit will end up being the catalyst =)

I'll reply again when I read through the whole link.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think that they have a clue, either. I also think that it is being done to them purposely, as Father wants them confounded when it comes to His word. He meant those things to be hidden from them.

join