It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the real Zion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The city of David and later Solomon was called Zion. It stands for a system which gathered all the Israeli tribes under one king. – Unity and stability in other words. In the Christian era Zion is the Rock where the Lamb of God and his adherers have their last stand against the Beasts before the New Christ returns to the Earth after he was caught up when Satan tried to steal him. But what is it really? Is it simply Jerusalem, the Old City or the City of David? There have always been allegories and symbolic meanings to the word Zion. So I would like to challenge these age old misconceptions. Zion’s Lamb is the Light from Heaven.

There are several contestants. I will only focus on three of them.

-- Initially we can’t evade the obvious age-old Jewish Zionist movement, a right wing reactionary and nationalistic political agenda seeking to make the land of Israel into a pure Jewish state. A racist movement many would even say.

-- Next one I would like to mention is the Church of Scientology: A rather bizarre mix of New Age religion and pseudo science, which to the bystander is nothing but a pyramid game where people on top get richer and richer, while the followers at the bottom are deprived of money and receive promises and healing etc.

-- The third and last I would like to examine, is the only one I will even consider personally. And that is Science itself. No other movement has ever been able to gather people of knowledge from all nationalities and religions, even including atheists and theists of all denominations, to come together and make the world prosper and head towards the level of knowledge where we could actually manage to win against the “Serpent in the Tree”. It managed to overturn the catholic church and the Spanish inquisition – and instead of prayer and teaching joy and deliverance in suffering, the science movement started doing the Greater Work of the Gods and shared their knowledge bringing stability, education for everyone, democracy and a bunch of other things.

In short, the advent of science made this world a better place, and it will be through science we will meet and combat future difficulties, not endless prayers and suffering, money or lies. So I’d say: Science’ Lamp is the Light of the God. Thank you Edison!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Changed the inquisition sentance

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The etymology of science according to The Online Etymology Dictionary:

c.1300, "knowledge (of something) acquired by study," also "a particular branch of knowledge," from O.Fr. science, from L. scientia "knowledge," from sciens (gen. scientis), prp. of scire "to know," probably originally "to separate one thing from another, to distinguish," related to scindere "to cut, divide," from PIE base *skei- (cf. Gk. skhizein "to split, rend, cleave," Goth. skaidan, O.E. sceadan "to divide, separate;" see shed (v.)).

Now what did st. Tomas say when he rendered Jesjuah's wisdom and how and where to find Him in the Gospel of Tomas -- Tomas, whom Jesjuah called "the skeptic". And with scepticism being the prime tool in any science, it goes like this:

77. Jesjuah said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

The Truth of the Greater Work is found in the not so obvious, but split a piece of wood or below a rock etc. that's where we firnd the Light and the Truth. Scientific truth is hidden until the day it is found, and then it is made available for the world.

It amazes me that noone finds this interesting, but nevermind. Keep on repeating your prayers, bothering the Gods with all kinds of trivialities, always reminding your Jesus of his single day of suffering, while giving a rats arse about what he came to do and did. Showing us the the need and benefits of thorough studies and basing what you say on things that may be tested with two witnesses.

When you split a piece of wood, the two halves are two witnesses of what's inside. When you lift a stone, the stone and the Earth are the two witnesses of what's between.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added last paragraph

edit on 11-9-2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added underscores in the first external quote

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
to me, Zion is a 'time' .. "heaven on earth" which man creates for himself in which he eventually remembers that he IS God... and can manifest paradise through his will using his intellect from a perspective of love.

P.S., OP, could you PM me any info on the source of the emblem in your avatar plz?
I'm very into serpent/kundalini/caduceus/eagle/falcon - (brain-spirit) symbolism, thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Also, to the Rastafari, the woods, jungle or savannah are often refered to as Zion. To the Pentecostal movememnt it may simply be their church.

However what I am interested in here, is the system David established which gathered Israel and Judah under one king in one kingdom. The word Science ultimately means to split or cleave. We see the same word in Schissel (tool used to cut stones) and even Schizofrenia, and in the Germanic word for slate, "Skifer"/"Schifer", and the Hebrew word also reflects this word: Chatsab (and is used 22 times in the Tanakh, one of the most important numbers in Hebrew geometry and mysticism). Other Hebrew words with more or less the same meaning are: Chatsah, and Shaca`, bot seemingly similar to the Greek word in the base of Science.

The word Zion in Hebrew has a completely different semantic meaning, namely "parched place", like a desert or a place where the Sun is very hot. Why David called his citadel Zion, with this semantic meaning, seems strange to me, so my initial thought was that he must have meant something else. Heat is the oldest known method of cleaving rocks, or to make tunnels or caves. The rock was first heated, then water was used to chill the rocks fast, thus making the rock disintegrate. Then again, it's rather far fetched....

edit on 12-9-2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added a few more Hebrew words with the end of the second paragraph

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
The city of David and later Solomon was called Zion. It stands for a system which gathered all the Israeli tribes under one king. – Unity and stability in other words. In the Christian era Zion is the Rock where the Lamb of God and his adherers have their last stand against the Beasts before the New Christ returns to the Earth after he was caught up when Satan tried to steal him. But what is it really? Is it simply Jerusalem, the Old City or the City of David? There have always been allegories and symbolic meanings to the word Zion. So I would like to challenge these age old misconceptions. Zion’s Lamb is the Light from Heaven.

In Kabbalah it is...

the spiritual point from which reality emerges, located in the Holy of Holies of the First, Second and Third Temple.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is about as close as you will get to explaining it (Zion) in one short sentence, simply because it is the epitome of Transfiguration.

-- The third and last I would like to examine, is the only one I will even consider personally. And that is Science itself. No other movement has ever been able to gather people of knowledge from all nationalities and religions, even including atheists and theists of all denominations, to come together and make the world prosper and head towards the level of knowledge where we could actually manage to win against the “Serpent in the Tree”. It managed to overturn the catholic church and the Spanish inquisition – and instead of prayer and teaching joy and deliverance in suffering, the science movement started doing the Greater Work of the Gods and shared their knowledge bringing stability, education for everyone, democracy and a bunch of other things.

As you know, the English word 'science' is derived, etymologically from Zion, or more appropriately Syon/Sion. And in turn all words affixed with '-ience' belong to this branch of words. The 'Sci-', prefix too, is a descendent of Sion. I can't even begin to go into how exciting the word 'Sion' is etymologically. I hope to write a book about it one day.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
London is Zion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

That makes perfect sense. London is Zion. Like OMG!
www.adl.org...
London is not Israel. Learn about history.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The word Zion in Hebrew has a completely different semantic meaning, namely "parched place", like a desert or a place where the Sun is very hot. Why David called his citadel Zion, with this semantic meaning, seems strange to me, so my initial thought was that he must have meant something else. Heat is the oldest known method of cleaving rocks, or to make tunnels or caves. The rock was first heated, then water was used to chill the rocks fast, thus making the rock disintegrate. Then again, it's rather far fetched....

Consider the use of 'cleave' differently. A boat 'cleaves' through the waves. The active meaning of 'cleave' being the bring through safely, or to bring forth. So in your example, Zion was where the parched earth was cleaved by water and life was brought forth. Where we have 1.5 million English words, give or take a thousand, at our disposal to explain things in great detail, our Ancient ancestors had very few, and most carried multiple meanings where the principle was the same. Sion is a prime example of this.

edit on 12-9-2010 by KilgoreTrout because: pants

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

www.adl.org...

I understand the history. London will become the new zion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

How will London become the new Zion though? There is no Jewish history there.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

www.adl.org...

I understand the history. London will become the new zion.

I think Depth Om is referring to the Ric Clay revelation of the 2012 Olympics and the "Zion" being the Stage Rebuilt or Temple if you will.

So to get back on the subject, Zion is a place where one can Manifest as a God? I have often heard of Zionist as an Sect of Judaism which encompasses Jews and Non-Jews alike, and I have often heard of Zion as being the Rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem where the Sacrifice will begin once again. So if Zion is the Science behind Manifesting Godhood I imagine the stage could be anywhere!

I could see how this is exactly what will take place once the A/C announces himself before the Kings of Nations as the King of Kings. How he will take the role of God.

Yeah, I say that the New City of Zion, the City designed for this 'Ritual' of Science is London! Bless you Rik!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

In short, the advent of science made this world a better place, and it will be through science we will meet and combat future difficulties, not endless prayers and suffering, money or lies.
So I’d say: Science’ Lamp is the Light of the God.

I rather say that Science's 'Lamp' is known as the period we call the Age Of Enlightenment
G0d had nothing to do with it, it was all humanity....

that finally tired of the Inquisition, the medieval way of subjication of both the masses & the aristocrat class

but thanks for the idea of a 'turning point'...which we are re-experiencing in this era of 2010

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
In Kabbalah it is...

the spiritual point from which reality emerges, located in the Holy of Holies of the First, Second and Third Temple.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is about as close as you will get to explaining it (Zion) in one short sentence, simply because it is the epitome of Transfiguration.

Indeed. The Ark of Covenant would blaze up and the Light of God would be seen between the wings of the Cherubim. I have often postulated that the Golden Ark is an electrical device, capable of storing and emitting herds of high power static electricity. That is why I believe that the Lamb of Sion is simply a misinterpretation of Science' Lamp or even Lamp of Science' with Science being genitive of Scion/Sion/Zion.

As you know, the English word 'science' is derived, etymologically from Zion, or more appropriately Syon/Sion. And in turn all words affixed with '-ience' belong to this branch of words. The 'Sci-', prefix too, is a descendent of Sion. I can't even begin to go into how exciting the word 'Sion' is etymologically. I hope to write a book about it one day.

Well, I don't really know that, I do however, believe, that. If you come up to a linguist or a filologist stating that the word Science and Sion/Zion are related, they'll probably laugh their guts out into your face. However, I believe you are spot on. Keep up the Greater Work, friend.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added flesh to the bone of the last sentance of my first reply-paragraph

top topics

join