It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. pastor says his church will never burn Quran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Not a fearful state of mind.......a rather pissed off one. Why do so many people assume this has to do with fear? No fear here, just anger at the entire situation, and how our own government sold us out yet again.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sticks and stones.....hell the US is helping fund terror everyday around the world, glad to see you could add more, although your tax dollars are already used for it, so I guess you payed twice. Since when is it only Americans like myself that are bigots, I'm not the one burning thing shouting death to another country, I'm not the one asscoiated with the mosque saying people will come here and bomb us if it is moved or stopped, I'm not the one burning other peoples religious texts and such then getting all in a tizzy because someone threatnes to do it mine, I'm not the one mking threats to kill Americans where they are found word wide........and yet I'm the bigot. Well, I'm rather proud to be a bigot if it means I'm not one of them.

And neither are the majority of Muslims...yet you decide to group them all together with terrorists

This irrational hate and paranoia really needs to stop.

CX

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Last time I checked burning a book didn't require alerting the media. It only required a match and a hibachi grill.

The elderly have been doing it here in the UK for a while now, a big encyclopedia from a thrift store is cheaper than energy prices.

Old thread from TS member Ferris.Bueller.II .....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As has been said, it's the media attention that has blown this sky high.

CX.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

It's a widely accepted that anger comes from fear.

Again, rest assured, you're still far more likely to be struck by lightning than to be injured in a "terrorist" attack on U.S. soil.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but I think it was a brilliant move. He proved his point without having to actually cause more upheaval by doing the actual deed. Maybe it wasn't a conscious thing he did, but he was at least the tool used to expose the truth of the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You know what this was?

A special episode of Punk'd, with the victim being everyone who responded emotionally in one way or another to this crap.

Where's Ashton?!

"You, we really had you going, guys! Y'all looked so stupid!"

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
He was out of line as a leader of a parish. We get up in arms when a pro sports player gets drunk, and demand recourse, but nothing when people who lead others act like children and deminish our credibility as a nation.

eta: I would love to debate this guy, and make him feel like the ignorant person he is.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Myendica because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is my first post on this subject----I find it funny the misplaced anger shown in post after post in thread after thread. Political correctness running crazy. If this had been a Us flag or a bible I bet you would have no problem with it.

Is what this guy doing really that bad? This is about two things overreaction and political correctness. Once again the radicals have won.

We are a nation of cowards.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A fitting mental picture: two armies of baboons, all holding pitchforks and burning torches, standing on opposite sides and shouting unintelligibly at each other.

It's hilarious.

Punk'd!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It was all a dog and pony show, designed to bring his little church some $$$ and publicity. He never had any intention of going through with it.

/Q

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Exactly.....and now that it's out in the open, will it be dealt with, or will it continue as business as usual? I think business as usual as the libs probably won't even take notice of what has changed his week, other than the muslims are upset.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's an idea, let's create another thread covering the EXACT SAME TOPIC as at least 5-10 others. Just because the "pastor" said he will never burn a Qur'an does not warrant an entirely new thread. You, OP, are as much a part of the problem as anyone.

As for your original comments, the government did not silence this man. He came the conclusion that his actions could have consequences far beyond whatever could be gained by the burning of a holy book. America is not about doing whatever you want just because the law allows it, its about doing what's right. The same logic you use to validate the pastor's actions happens to be the same line of thought that the leeches of this society use. Is it right to sue someone over the stupidest of things? Hell no. Will people exploit the system and drain hard-earned tax dollars because they can? Damn right.

Do you know any Muslims? Do you know any Persians or Arabs for that matter? Your post leads me to believe you know very little, about anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

And we won't know if the govenrment would have silnced him had he not changed his mind....it was certainly discussed, even in public. How do we know he wasn't silenced by the government? No proof there......so I guess it's all speculative........as far as beiing part of the problem, we all are, thanks for playing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Someone in the gov't got to him. He was probably threatened and his free speech

Oh please such a drama queen! I hardly think any government official would bother considering the obvious futility of it all
. There is nothing stopping anybody from burning a Qu'ran or a Bible and where this pastor leaves off, somebody will just take his place. I'd bet my bottom dollar another group will go ahead with it.

... too late:
www.youtube.com.../a/u/0/T4XJQO3qol8

I think some people give this pastor too much attention and credit, really. 'The government got to him', is he that special? There was even another group that complained they never got this much media attention when they burned the Qu'ran. There is nothing stopping people from doing so, just as there is nothing stopping people burning the bible or the flag. I may personally think its distasteful, immature, but that is their right, that is your right.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by FlyersFan Someone in the gov't got to him. He was probably threatened and his free speech Oh please such a drama queen! I hardly think any government official would bother considering the obvious futility of it all . There is nothing stopping anybody from burning a Qu'ran or a Bible and where this pastor leaves off, somebody will just take his place.

Well they did send the FBI to talk to him, and after he talked to the FBI
he was questioned by the press and denied comment.

www.google.com...

So read into it what you will.

If the president can send the FBI to a book burning then I'd say it is
odd that has not happened when a bible was burned.

Again I am going to take Barry at his word.

Of the many ppl I have known NONE have made this slip in either direction.

Good Luck to you all !!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

You do know ol' fred from the westboro church went ahead and burned the Qu'ran right? As did that individual in my video? So? Where was this freedom halted? He had the opportunity to burn the Qu'ran just like everybody else in front of the cameras.

I have, there is no evidence he was threatened. Neither did those FBI agents stop the Qu'ran from being burned, so what is your problem? Are you going to continue to follow this pastor around?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by FlyersFan Someone in the gov't got to him. He was probably threatened and his free speech Oh please such a drama queen! I hardly think any government official would bother considering the obvious futility of it all . There is nothing stopping anybody from burning a Qu'ran or a Bible and where this pastor leaves off, somebody will just take his place.

www.google.com...

If the president can send the FBI to a book burning then I'd say it is
odd that has not happened when a bible was burned.

Again I am going to take Barry at his word.

Of the many ppl I have known NONE have made this slip in either direction.

Good Luck to you all !!!

Good clip it shows how the interviewer made obama say the christian faith, you dont see that often on the news.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wonder if Fred gets a pass because he knows the law and would sue the hell out of anyone trying to violate his civil rights. Obama and crew just picked on the one they could silence.......it still happened, where is the condemnation from Obama now?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They'll pretend that they never noticed all the vitriol expressed by muslims around the world. That is part of the game. If they don;t pay it any attention, it doesn't exist, remember?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I 'gree with some of the other posters... he proved his point more so than he would have if he actually did burn the Quran's..

It showed, extensively, the ignorant, vile, disgusting attitude projected by many Muslims -- specifically in the ME. Granted it is like poking a retarded child until they get all angry, ME is poor, uneducated and what the Americans would consider backwards hilljacks.

But regardless.. point proved.

"Islam is a religion of peace"
"So can I draw a picture of Muhammad?"
"I WILL KILL YOU! ALLAH AKBAR!!!"

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'd bet the FBI went to him to show him specific threats made against him by radicals that were planning attacks. A fair warning so to speak .. "if you do this, this is what these people will do to you" .. The Pastor then decided he wasn't quite ready to meet his maker yet..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join