It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas residants told to write social security number on forearm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Texas residants told to write social security number on forearm

www.usatoday.com

Well before the storm's arrival, water was already knee-deep in the streets of Surfside Beach, a small coastal town of about 805. Police were going around in a dump truck trying to get holdouts to evacuate while there was still time. The police chief asked one stubborn couple to write their names and Social Security numbers on their forearms in black magic marker "in case something bad were to happen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted,if so please remove.Doesnt sound like the greatest idea to me with all the identity theft nowadays.Not to mention the fact that there are news crews broadcasting live where this is happening and any two bit criminal with tivo would easily be able to get these numbers.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
ny times

Noting the difficulty medical examiners have had in identifying the dead from Hurricane Katrina, Ms. Blanco offered morbid advice to those who refuse to evacuate. "Perhaps they should write their Social Security numbers on their arms in indelible ink," she said.

edit on 11-9-2010 by GhOsT_Of_HuSh because: additional link and quote

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Updated 9/13/2008 4:29 AM

Either they got the date wrong, or you did. *Wink*

And it was ONE couple told to do this, not all the residents.

But, if it had been ALL the residents?

Not such a bad idea in time of emergency - as long as you're not using tattoo ink. *Second wink*

peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
haha i didnt even notice the date my bad.still my point is valid and the nytimes article shows it was reported to be a good idea for all residents who wish to stay to do this.how do i move this thread to a more appropriate forum?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GhOsT_Of_HuSh

Your point is absolutely valid - and thank you for posting the thread.
Scary things these indeed.

I bet if you U2U one of the Mods responsible for overseeing this thread they'll move it for you. Just check at the bottom of the page and see what Mods are listed down there.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
U2U sent
so my question is this.....say this were to happen today,with the media coverage the way it is on these big storms and the aftermath how much damage would be done to these peoples credit before they are identified by medical examiners.Someone would still be responsible for the charges incrued correct?
I understand the why of the advice but emergency or not would never consider doing this....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
when you go to fema camp the SS number will be tattooed on your forearm.?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
when you go to fema camp the SS number will be tattooed on your forearm.?

It seems a pretty persuasive and constructive instruction to those who ignore an evacuation order. "Well, if you won't leave, will you at least make it easier for us to identify the remains?"

Puts it all in perspective.

new topics

top topics

join