It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathleen Sebelius threatening to put insurers out of business?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well here you go folks. Insurers have been saying they are going to have to increase premiums due to the Obama Care bill. So Sebelius retort to them and I quote-

falsely blaming premium increases for 2011 on the patient protections in the Affordable Care Act," and that "that there will be zero tolerance for this type of misinformation and unjustified rate increases."

From this article here-Sebelius to Insurers: Shut Up Or Else on ObamaCare Increasing Premiums; To AP, It's Mere 'War of Words'

So, does anyone actually believe that this was not meant to takeover the health care industry?

Another snippet-

She reinforced her short-term threat with a longer-term one:

We will also keep track of insurers with a record of unjustified rate increases: those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014. Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections.

When Sebelius threatens exclusion from the "Exchanges," she is really saying: "Shut up and eat your costs, or you'll be out of business in a few years."

Oh well, I guess EVERYTHING the opposition to Obamacare was not true?

Let us see so far the lies on Obama care-
It is a NEW TAX system.
It is already being used to fund abortions.
There WILL BE death panels, one drug already stated they will not pay for.
They are currently working on instituting a single payer system. Hmmm.
Did I miss any others? Oh there are a lot more just these off the top of my head.

I can see November from my house.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
all I know is that over the past couple decades, every time the gov't have increased those gov't programs that help the "poor", to help the "children" get health care (of which, those programs have increasingly just redirected the poor to these insurance companies and pitched in most of the money for the coverage)....
well, not long after, you'd be reading in the newspaper about all these insurance companies hiking the rates up.....
why not, they just got a nice influx of customers, thanks to the US taxpayer, they could afford to lose a few of those non-poor people who they just priced out of the market...
and then, well, you'd start seeing stories about all these high lever supervisors and ceos of these companies patting themselves on the back, for a job well done, with really, really nice pay raises and bonuses....

I know that in my neck of the wood, the percentage revenues going to the healthcare providers that are coming via gov't programs is much higher than the percentage of people that are susposedly covered by these gov't programs....
so, where are those sick people that aren't covered by the gov't program? They appearently aren't visiting the doctor much even when they are sick!!

I am tired of going to a job everyday to earn a wage that wouldn't even support me I don't think if it had to, tearing up by body, then not being able to afford the care....even with the insurance coverage....and then being expected to just keep on going,.....I guess till I can't go any longer!

I am tired of this gov't taking money from me, to just hand over to another, so they can get care.....when for some, the only thing that they are producing is another mouth for the taxpayer to feed...and of course, provide them with that healthcare that they themselves can't afford.

I am tired of subisdizing these outrageous salaries and bonuses!!

And, I am tired of subsidizing the business sector's payrolls, so they can skirt by their obligations and pay wages that in no way could cover the cost of living in this country!!!

I am tired of the cheaters that are playing the system....and I am not talking just about the ones playing the welfare system. I am living in a country where appraisers were blacklisted for being honest when appraising the value of the homes, where the originators of the loans weren't honest when it came to the income of those who were getting the loans, Where AIG wasn't quite that honest when rating these notes......where people, who if they had just sat down with paper and pen and made themselves a budget, would have know, they weren't making enough for the basic necessities even, let alone that great giant sized tv, the dance lessons for little kimmy, and all the other crap that they burned the plastic on!

and well, all around, far too many people are playing the system, that what should have been obvious...that we were running straight off a clift....was masked so bad, that hey, it was more like, everything's grand,...don't know what your problem is, go take a prozac!

so, well, don't know what to tell ya, or those nice insurance companies....
I guess you could go and take a prozac....call the doctor in the morning...if you can afford one, or are lucky enough to be found worthy for healthcare in the gov'ts eyes....

me?? well I am on my way out the door from my place of employment, it's gotten that it just hurts too bad to print, jumping through the hoops that the care providers throw down for you to do before they get serious about your problems will bankrupt us, I know already been there and done that...was left without the gas money even to make it to work. I'll get the one problem taken care of while I have insurance, then I am gone...
maybe I can find a nice cave up in these mountains to live, don't know...
but, one thing is sure.
I can't live in your society, only work myself to death and then die....all the while, helping to pay the way for far too many people!

we pay far more for our healthcare in this country than any other country in the world, and some of us get crap in return we just pay out the arse for it!

the parasites can find another host thank you!

join