It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: The Earth's Interior is Not As Hot As Science Would Have You Think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Why?

If the Earth was 2000F only 60 miles down, like science claims, than the Crust would melt into lava. Heat always travels to colder areas. And there's no way the core is hotter than the surface of the Sun.

There's very little evidence, other than sound waves, and theories about the Earth's magnetic field (actually, many things, including the oceans, could be the cause of Earth's magnetic field), that the Earth even has a mantle, outer core, or inner core. Actually, they found a piece of the mantle exposed on the ocean floor, and it was not hot rock.

Basically, we have NO IDEA what is inside the Earth more than a few miles down that we have drilled.

What do I think is down there?

I think if you dug deep into the Earth, you would find many pockets - of air, oil, lava, and water. If you went far enough, you would hit a large metallic crystal that forms the core. The inside of the Earth is probably somewhat hot, like in the range of 120-300F, but aside from the magma chambers, which I believe are caused by the friction of the plates rubbing together (I think oil is actually the lubrication of the lithosphere, not magma), it is not nearly hot enough to melt rock, and plenty cool enough to support life forms.

The Hollow Earth theory could be explained by a large cavern, inhabited by a civilization who lived on the surface millions of years ago, and went underground, created their own sun down there, and never came back.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Ummm - ok.

So we know that there is lava - because we see it all the time, we know about subduction - in fact the are thousands upon thousands of geologist and planetologists who have phd's in this and they all agree - we have significantly MORE than just drilling and sound waves to tell us about the earth - but you have just cooked something up and decided to believe in it, you then try and convince the rest of us of your half baked idea based on nothing.

Sounds pretty convincing.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You believe the interior of the Earth may only be up to 300°F yet still expect to find lava, which is actually magma while under the crust, that can't even exist at such low temperatures? I believe you need temperatures of at least 1200°F for molten rock. You also seem to dismiss any sort of insulation or dissipation properties of the Earth's crust. Care to explain how a blowtorch which burns at over 2000°F, doesn't burn the air or yourself while using it? Heat dissipates through the air from a blowtorch much like heat dissipates from the mantle through the crust. Let's start with those questions.

edit on 9/11/2010 by Three_moons because: edited for clarification

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Almost as absurd as the man who thought dragonflies didn't exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Science is your friend, or not i suppose.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are two different theories. 1st Earth is Hollow. 2nd Earth was smaller & Grew larger.
Both are true. Look up Expanding Earth video on Youtube. The Western coast of Europe and the Africa used to connect to the East coast of Canada, USA & South America. However a lot of people don't see that the Eastern coastlines in the Pacific Ocean of Australia, Japan & Russia used to connect to the West coast of Canada, USA & South America.

You can take the Earth and shrink it down to about 35% of it's current size and every land island, large land mass and continent will connect like a puzzle. You can collapse Earth into a smaller planet perfectly. The Pangaea theory is a big fat lie created in the 1960's.

Now with that in mind, here are some thoughts on why Earth may have grown in size and hollowed out...

1. Earth may have expanded during a time in it's history when it was at a faster spin causing the center area to also expand, like stirring a glass of tea with your spoon and watching the center hollow into a funnel swirl until the spinning stops. The more you stir, the large the swirl funnel hole. Anyone who as been to the fair and been inside a 'gravitron' knows that when it starts spinning faster it pushes you harder against the wall and the Gforce stretch's your face. If the wall was not there, you would fly out. Think of the wall like Gravity. Earth did spin faster, did expand, but gravity still held it together and slowed it's expansion. All the mass in the center of the Earth also was pushed outwards causing a hollow spot about 1200 miles in diameter.

2. Something inside of the Earth may be growing like a giant crystal. As men dig down into parts of the Earth, they find large crystals, and larger ones when they go deeper. Example, the Mexico Crystal Caves. Crystals grow and create warmth.

A few other facts to consider...

Now the oldest part of the ocean floors in the whole world is only 180,000,000 million years old. The oldest fish fossils found thus far are over 400,000,000 million years old and found on top of mountains. This could mean that when Earth was smaller the oceans may have covered many mountains at one time in history, but as the Earth grew the oceans spread out like butter over to much bread. Kind of like taking a small pot filled to the top with water and pouring it into a larger pot, now the water level is lower because it has more room to spread out.

Earth gets hotter as you go deeper, but no were 2,000 + degrees. Maybe from 120 to 2282 degrees Fahrenheit depending on how deep you go. The increase in heat is due to compression. If you have a thermal camera and watch the bottom of a chair leg, you will see a higher heat signature because of the weight above it is causing compression friction. Now when someone sits in that chair, the heat signature will become greater due to more compression friction. Same with the Earth, the more on top, the hotter the lower becomes.

Lava can reach 1250° Celsius or 2282 degrees Fahrenheit. Lava is Water from the Oceans & Seas that has traveled down through cracks and crevices and made contact with the hotter parts of the Earth creating lava, much like mixing water and dirt to make mud. The lava travels through channels its help create like blood flowing through veins. In certain sections under the Earth the lava meets resistance to channeling and in those areas pressure builds up. That pressure has to go somewhere, namely UP. That upward pressure creates volcanoes. Volcanoes are just release valves.

Our crust is not on a lava mantel or ocean of lava, that is a lie.
Lava is only in underground like rivers of it, not all over the place.

The maximum heat within the Earth is only at the point between the top soil which we walk on and the hollow Earth. Once you go deep enough to reach that center point, then go beyond, it's starts to get cooler again.

Earth was smaller when the Dinosaurs walked it, that is why you find same dinosaur bones on different continents because they were connected. Dinosaurs had very large bodies, but had small nostrils. The dinosaur nostril size was not large enough to support their bodies with modern oxygen levels. Air bubbles trapped in 80-million-year-old amber was found by scientist to be around 30 percent more oxygen molecule [of the atmosphere] as opposed to 21 percent today. This means that Dinosaurs could live then, but they would slowly suffocate at today's levels.

Thinner oxygen molecule levels is due to Earths expansion spreading the atmosphere out and thinning the oxygen levels, which in turn caused mass extinction from slow suffocation and forced evolutionary adjustments in species to adapt or die. Becoming smaller was the result. Smaller bodies for less oxygen intact.

The fast Earth spin MAY come from our solar system passing through the galactic equator (The center point of the galaxy) which may cause faster spin of the planet due to stronger spinning forces expanding out from our galaxies black hole center being more focused there. Kind of like slapping an Earth glob on it's spindle and making it spin faster. Maybe.

Every time Earth passes through the galactic center this happens, causing high winds, earthquakes and floods. And maybe it does cause more expansion and forced evolutionary changes. And this is why the history of species on Earth shows a sudden changes and massive kill backs.

What you all think?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Krummar

reply to post by 19872012

ROFL Dont tell me both of you got an F on your geography exam test...

Btw look up something called continental shift

edit on 11/9/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
it's hot stuff at our core but em it's too hot for science to go poking at scientology is a cancer that keeps growing god made this earth and the heavens above trust me no humnas can never travel to the middle of earth... ohh that brings me to reptillians but this thread aint for that but i got info m2m me for that

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
we have significantly MORE than just drilling and sound waves to tell us about the earth -

like what? the reason thousands of PHD'd people believe it is because that's what the textbooks say. based on an educated, but VAGUE, guess.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
we have significantly MORE than just drilling and sound waves to tell us about the earth -

like what? the reason thousands of PHD'd people believe it is because that's what the textbooks say. based on an educated, but VAGUE, guess.

I would hazard that that is better than an uneducated and vague guess!

some links

some links

try this one

ETH, possibly the 'leaders' in the field

yet another link

melting points of rocks:you could test this if you had the equipment

Heatflow from the Earth's interior

Google Scholar is your friend!

Conceptual change

It is proposed that conceptual change is particularly difficult to achieve and very likely to give rise to misconceptions when it requires the revision of fundamental presuppositions of the framework theory. Misconceptions are interpreted as individuals' attempts to assimilate new information into existing conceptual structures that contain information contradictory to the scientific view.

cf: Hollow Earth

I certainly know who I would trust.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For u peeps taking the piss can u adleast answer why it is hotter in the earth than at the surface. Can you supply evidence if of whats deep inside the earth....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is what I mean by educated but vague. Maybe the hot earth theory is correct, but I think that we do NOT know for sure.

excerpt:

The seismic waves triggered by an earthquake travel through the Earth at different speeds depending on the material they penetrate. Our knowledge of the structure of the Earth’s interior is based primarily on the modelling of these seismic waves, which is carried out based on certain assumptions about the Earth’s interior. «We made many findings from assuming that seismic waves behave in the same way as optical waves», says Lapo Boschi, a senior assistant lecturer to Giardini. However, he said, this is only an approximation of how things work in practice.

new topics

top topics

join