It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't God appear to everyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If God is our loving creator, and he loves us all, then why did he only appear in the Middle East?

Why didn't the almighty god, creator of the Universe appear to the Native Americans? The Native amazon tribes? None of these tribes knew of Jesus.

Doesn't it seem unfair God would only talk and communicate with a select few countries?

If i was god i would tear through the clouds and shout in a huge booming voice so loud the entire planet could hear me.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You clearly seem to be among thiose who picture God as a man. The whole confusion in religion stems from this type of belief. As to your question of god not appearing to everyone, we may have to deal with the idea that the biblical god is simply an inventionof judeo-chritain writers. If one has the capacity to contemplate infinity and the universe, thinking of god in mortal terms is completely out. God which is an invention by man is not what she is. Imagine a being that created space and time, is capable of being on the trillions of planets on trillions of galaxies at the same time and can relate to all the creatures both human and non human at the same time, a being able to count the whole grains of sand in the trillions of planets, you'd see that this is not the god they speak of in the bible and other religious books. In rational terms, God is not something you can point your fingers at. Why don't us simply accept that the so much hyped god in the bible is not the creator of the universe?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think there was a verse in there that said He did, but many people fell to worshiping idols instead of Him.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
God has never appeared in this world.

God is testing us - we have to do good or evil - the end.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
why did he only appear in the Middle East?

Why do you think that He only appeared in the Middle East?

Doesn't it seem unfair God would only talk and communicate with a select few countries?

Why do you tink that He only communicated with a few select countries.
The whole world has heard of where He has appeared and what He has said.

If i was god i would tear through the clouds and shout in a huge booming voice so loud the entire planet could hear me.

"If I were God" ... that would make a great bts thread!

if i were God .. I'd not have people suffering from disease. I'd have truth prevail. I'd clean up this planet. I'd do a lot of things differently. But supposedly He knows best and all this disease is good for us somehow.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Great Tune, Listen to it, and It'll possibly make you appreciate the fact that your not God, it's a tought job you know but someone's gotta do it!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This life is a test.

That is why God does not intervene.

We either do good or bad.

The End.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

God has never revealed itself to anyone....

People who hear god talking to them (and I mean actually talking to them, not their own internal voice or conscience guiding them) have serious mental issues.
I'm not saying all religious people so don't go down that route.... but people who hear the voice of god or believe that god has spoken to or through them, have serious mental health problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, according to many cultures around the world, a god has appeared to them, in various forms. For example the native Americans such as Mayans and many of the other tribes. I suggest you actually do some reading about them and you'll find a lot of similarities between Abrahamic myths and native American myths, as well as others all over the world.

So this either shows there is actually a god, or most likely due to the obvious technology involved in such encounters, someone posing as a god.

But I do have a problem with god only appearing to a few people and dictating doctrine which is then used to enslave and control the masses. If this god is indeed all-knowing he would KNOW what would happen when corruptable human beings are put in control of his message. The world we live in now is a direct result of this.

How many countless innocent people have suffered because of people following the instructions of this god? Its absolutely disgusting and I hate this god with every fiber of my being.

If there is any truth to the religions of the world, then god most definitely DOES and has interfered in this so-called test. If life is a test its rigged from the start and completely unfair.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
That is a really good question. I hope this reply is not considered off-topic but it is an honest attempt to answer the question you asked. I assume by the tone of your question, that rather than to give the freethinkers a chance to enlighten us as to how backwards the entire premise of your question is in the first place, it is instead aimed at those of orthodox beliefs to try and defend their thinking.

I certainly can't speak from every religious point of view based out of the middle east, but let me tell you what I believe as a Christian the Bible teaches on this subject, as it certainly does teach a very specific answer.

The Jewish people were not simply the one people God CHOSE to reveal himself to. They were instead a people God created himself, specifically for the purpose of having a people TO show Himself to.

Of course we Christians do believe that God created all people, but God had a special relationships with the Jews. Abraham, the father of all the Jews was a man of faith. He was chosen because even though he and his wife were well past age, and barren of children, he trusted God at His word that he was to become a father of a great nation. A nation that all people of the earth would be blessed through. According to the Bible, God miraculously brought this to pass and through one miraculous wondrous turn of events after another, and over the course of hundreds of years fashioned a society for Himself that was to be the one society truly dedicated to Him that could show His truth to the rest of the world.

These were a people that owed their existence to God, not just in the general sense that we all do, but specifically over and over He saved them and reared them, and brought them out of slavery into a land he had prepared for them. He saved them from themselves time and time again and showed them great signs and wonders, including 'tearing through the clouds and shouting in a huge booming voice'

This society, that had the absolute best of what God offered to people on earth, continuously rejected HIm and rebelled against Him over and over. He spent hundreds of years rebuking them and forgiving them and methodically drawing them back to Himself and promising forgiveness if they would forsake their sins, but they refused, and as a last resort, He sent His only Son to plead with them to turn from their sins.

They crucified Him. When they did so they did it not because Jews are especially evil. On the contrary. The Jews were the one people most highly favored of God. But in doing so, they did it as OUR representatives. If they, the best of the best, the ones God had invested all his time and effort into would crucify His only Son, what would WE do had we been in their place?

In this way, and in that men reject Him STILL, just as they did then, it was OUR sin that nailed Him to that cross as much as those who drove the nails. But he was Pierced for OUR transgression. Bruised for OUR iniquities. The punishment that brought US peace was upon HIM, and He took it willingly.

"He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." - He taught a message that quite the contrary from being a"doctrine which is then used to enslave and control the masses" was resoundingly simple, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

But "people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil."

Because nobody anywhere has ever perfectly obeyed this law, Jesus came, and being the only one to obey it, took the death that our sin called for on our behalf. That whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

And funny that this message was to go out all over the world to "every tribe and every nation," from the middle east. From the center of what is today still our map of all mankind. Of not white man's land or black but right in the exact center where white black and brown converge.

Doesn't it seem unfair God would only talk and communicate
with a select few countries?

God will talk and communicate with YOU if you seek Him. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

esv.scripturetext.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshBread2010

It is this idea of working through men that leaves a bad taste in my mouth and doubt in my mind. I cannot trust man and his word and that is whom all information comes from other than my own thoughts and discernment.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Your point would seem to make sense if not for the whole "its your mess you clean it up" saying that has gone around for decades. Maybe God works through mankind so that they can learn how to walk on their own.
No one said it was going to be easy.

By the way that's in no way an insult toward you at all so please don't misunderstand, On the contrary you really do make a decent point I just find it hard pill to swallow.

edit on 11-9-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

I can attest to the truth of these verses. I sought with all my heart to find out if there was a God and I received what I asked for, and it was revealed to me that the Christian God exists; we just cannot understand all His mysteries.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
S & F
Short answer...The cake is a Lie!

I wonder how any individual can be so arrogant and closed minded not to see your logic.
Most believe what we are born into, but how can anyone pick just one religion out of the bag of infinite choices and be so sure any other religion is wrong?

[Start BS "Deep thoughts by SLaPPiE" short story here]

I guess you did not hear about Moses and the opium pipe up on the mountain.
We used to go up there looking for friendly goats, and could hear him from our campsite.
That's right, he would hike up the hill so his mom couldn't see him hittin' that pipe.
We could all hear him coughing for a while, then he would start talking to himself.
Once he was totally addicted, he would hammer away at some slate tablets with his chisel.
One day that bonehead got so waisted, that he came down the mount. waiving his tablets saying God e-mailed 10 file attachments, and each one contained a virus.
Everyone knew he was crazy, so they wrote the story down to show their children that drugs are bad!

The End
[End BS]

Have a good weekend, and don't do drugs!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In my opinion, it's because schizophrenia is quite rare.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

everything was a foreshadow of things to come. the temple, the holy of holies, the 12 tribes and the way they were situated. i don't believe God appeared only in the middle east but to answer why the bulk of his ministry was in the middle east is because this also was mapped according to the greater plan.

the middle east is your heart.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is the reason I am a NON BELIEVER in the ALMIGHTY .

"if i were God .. I'd not have people suffering from disease. I'd have truth prevail. I'd clean up this planet. I'd do a lot of things differently. But supposedly He knows best and all this disease is good for us somehow. "

edit on 11-9-2010 by svpwizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The whole world has heard of where He has appeared and what He has said.

Well to be fair thats only because a lot of missionaries told them and forced bibles into their hands, A fair amount of the world would still be worshiping Animal gods and "The spirit of the river" if it wasn't for that

top topics

join