It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 9/11 becoming to America what the Holocaust is to Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I see so many parallels!

*Both 9/11 and the Holocaust are seen as especially horrible, more horrible than events of similar or even greater magnitude, because of who they happened to

*It is taboo to question the official story of either, not so much with 9/11 yet, but it could very well become that way if the Truth movement fails

*The Holocaust is now a main component of Jewish identity, 9/11 is becoming a main component of American national identity

*The emphasis on "not forgetting"

*Both tragedies were used to justify colonization in the Middle East

*The hero cult surrounding both tragedies

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Is 9/11 becoming to America what the Holocaust is to Israel?

i don't think so. although the trauma to cultures and the detrimental effects of the human condition seem similiar. in both cases i allegedly share 99.7+% of the same identical dna with those who perpetrated such atrocities. and i feel guilty for no other reason than those who are 99.7+% the same as me are capable of doing such things, whether truthful or propaganda.

I see so many parallels!

there are some. but one was a reason to start a war, the other was a justification for a war, in part. impo.

*It is taboo to question the official story of either, not so much with 9/11 yet, but it could very well become that way if the Truth movement fails

taboo is somebody elses' problems. their reluctance to acknowledge and recognize the facts are not entirely my problem. they like the dark? i'm not the one hiding the light switch from them, they are doing that to themselves.

*The Holocaust is now a main component of Jewish identity, 9/11 is becoming a main component of American national identity

they are related. gematria.

*The emphasis on "not forgetting"

true. how about a new slogan: "What have we learned?"

i don't focus all my efforts on figuring out who has their hands on the steering wheel. i focus some of my efforts on who is building the road.

et

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
No.

- 6 million Jews, 3 million Catholics, hundreds of thousands of disabled and unwanted were murdered in the Holocaust.
- on 9/11 the free world was attaced by radical idiots and thousands died.
- Both cost a fortune in terms of $$$ and emotional damage.
- In both cases a meglomaniac (Hitler/UBL) want the world to pay attention to them and bow to their agendas.

Neither should be forgotten.
Lessons should be learned from both.
Those that carried out the crimes need to be brought to justice.
But you can't put the two on the same scale.
Just thank your lucky stars that UBL isn't as powerful as Hitler, or things would be much worse.
That's why people SHOULD be wary of radical Islam. They want to do what Hitler did.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No.

- 6 million Jews, 3 million Catholics, hundreds of thousands of disabled and unwanted were murdered in the Holocaust.
- In both cases a meglomaniac (Hitler/UBL) want the world to pay attention to them and bow to their agendas.

Just thank your lucky stars that UBL isn't as powerful as Hitler, or things would be much worse.
That's why people SHOULD be wary of radical Islam. They want to do what Hitler did.

I suggest you post in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
no, We are not exaggerating how many Americans died that day like the jews exaggerated how many died in the holocaust. No way 6 million died during the holocaust. I believe 600k personally.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No.

Star for you! You hit the nail on the head.

I'm glad someone on here does not subscribe to the idiotic notion that 9/11 was some sort of "inside job". People should face the facts that Radical Islam did it, not America, not the Jews, not even freaking Aliens!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

It does not make us "idiotic" because we believe something you do not.

Please provide us with these facts?

I know Bin Laden's page on the FBI has some things you might find interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

You are SOOOOOO wrong. The figures didn't come from the Jews. It came from the German SS.

- It is estimated that 11 million people were killed during the Holocaust.
- Six million of these were Jews.
- The Nazis killed approximately two-thirds of all Jews living in Europe.
- An estimated 1.1 million children were murdered in the Holocaust.

Holocaust answers

There is no precise figure for the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. The figure commonly used is the six million quoted by Adolf Eichmann, a senior SS official. Most research confirms that the number of victims was between five and six million. Early calculations range from 5.1 million (Professor Raul Hilberg) to 5.95 million (Jacob Leschinsky). More recent research, by Professor Yisrael Gutman and Dr. Robert Rozett in the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, estimates the Jewish losses at 5.59–5.86 million, and a study headed by Dr. Wolfgang Benz presents a range from 5.29 million to six million.

The main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar censuses with postwar censuses and population estimates. Nazi documentation containing partial data on various deportations and murders is also used. We estimate that Yad Vashem currently has somewhat more than four million names of victims that are accessible.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
no, We are not exaggerating how many Americans died that day like the jews exaggerated how many died in the holocaust. No way 6 million died during the holocaust. I believe 600k personally.

Another Jew hating truther. What a surprise.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thousands of 'islamics' died in the shatilla masacre of September 1982. Perhaps folks of the islamic faith have reason to be 'wary' of radical Judeo Christians.

As you so rightly say, neither should be forgotten and those who carried out these crimes should be brought to justice. We failed to do that in the Shatilla case, lets hope that justice will be seen to be done to those that attacked New York.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
gawd, this thread went off topic quick...

Anyways, as one of the few posters on topic,

I say no, the majority still consider Pearl Harbour their last defining moment...

Until they know the truth surrounding 9/11 and thus someone to show their anger towards,

I think Pearl Harbour will stay there...IMHO...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

A lot similarities can be seen in those two. Everyone here understands that while they are not same things in practise, the purposes how they are being used as justification to various acts are very similar. Both are used for political purposes - and to brainwash people who has no connection whatsover to the events themselves to backup these bizarre politics.

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

Funny how people like you automatically say someone hates the jews simply because someone disagrees with them, but when it comes to burning the koran, you'll say it's protected by free speech. I think people like you hate America. How do you like them apples?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by joewalker
Thousands of 'islamics' died in the shatilla masacre of September 1982.

Which was a political (not religious) response to the Damour massacre by Palestinians before that.
Fact is - the numbers of people killed by Christians, for the sake of Christianity is barely a drop in the blood-bucket compared to the death and destruction Islam brings to the world now.

edit on 9/11/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed paragraph

edit on 9/11/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So a massacre on political grounds is somehow more acceptable as opposed to a massacre on religious grounds?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
we as americans are too egotistical. we seem to think an american life is worth more than a foreign life. this is not the case.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would like Yad Vashem to prove they have 4 million names. Then, I will believe six million, or close to that, died.

Just saying they do is not enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I could easily imagine that in 50 years time the number dead indirectly from the event might close in on the 6 million fantasy mark yes.

top topics

join