It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emo people (social weapons of TPTB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
At the dawn of 11th septemper lot of emotional threads popping up like mushrooms after rain. Of course these thread being started by emotional people who cry the very awfulness of human race, misery and cruelty of the existence.

Howcome this is a conspiracy? Because through emotions people are - even if not controlled they are at least affected. Have we not seen what the symphatic emotions towards jewish people after alleged holocaust in WW2 caused? Ever since Israel has been capable of doing almost any monstrocity and whenever blamed, drawing the 'holocaust card' will get huge emotional support for their cause.

Same goes with 9th september. PTB are feeding these emotions of grief and anger to justify their action whatever they be. Also this ritual of remembrance will cause social cohesion amongst these emotionally loaded people - they participate in this ritual through various mediums like internet, and of course they rally into the public events if they can.

Emotions seems to overrun logic and intelligence in some people. This, I think, can be used as social weapon. Emotionally loaded people are good at affecting other people as they go crying and preaching their feelings publicly. How often people are affected persons like this girl:

-v

edit on 11-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 248

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Now I'm really p-ed off that until now I didn't know "emo" stood for (emo)tional.

RAGE!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
yeah, but even after all those years, are people still emotional?

the problem is not JUST that, thats one of the problems, I agree, but its not all ...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't see the purpose of this thread other than to make some silly connection between "emo" people and TPTB.

Is this what ATS has been reduced to?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah I thought this was about 'emos' too. What a spew. Thought there would be emo haircuts and pretend-depressed people all over it.

Cheer up.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi,
I am an Emo.

What I am for is people/animals/the planet.

Just be grateful that a lot of young people are Emos.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Those in power have always used emotions of masses as means for control. Or do you think that (for example) Hitler appealed to intelligence of German people?

-v

edit on 11-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 275

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I am not saying that emotionality would necessarily be a bad thing. But it can be easily exploited if one let the emotions come from outside. By this I mean that you would get affected by feelings where you have no personal connection.

-v

edit on 11-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 914

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

“Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions.”
David Borenstein

Emotions are imperfect, powerful, and immediate. And they are prone to the manipulations of those with a desire to do so.

But, all things considered, they are still our greatest asset in being able to determine right from wrong. They are the thing that makes us human and humane.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Originally posted by Faiol
yeah, but even after all those years, are people still emotional?

the problem is not JUST that, thats one of the problems, I agree, but its not all ...

If people still get emotional about what happened to some people in WW2? I'd say yeah.

But I agree with you. It's not the whole problem, just part of it. I think the problem is the 'Factor X', which is human being

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I am not saying that emotionality would necessarily be a bad thing. But it can be easily exploited if one let the emotions come from outside. By this I mean that you would get affected by feelings where you have no personal connection.

-v

edit on 11-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 914

this is both boon and bane.

there needs to be orchestration of unrefined primitive behaving humans.
there also needs be the flourishing of refined individuals who use rationality with their emotions.

both are being fed with enough stimuli to be guided on their separate paths.

some individuals are more prone to evolve their "self" - and most are purely reactionary..
and there lies the gray area in between.

should TPTB ignore the former and simply watch them promulgate into chaos?
or should such humans be herded because they have not the self consciousness to do so themselves?

strictly speaking... I see a dire necessity for such.

-

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Originally posted by prevenge

or should such humans be herded because they have not the self consciousness to do so themselves?

I think all people have self-consciousness. We all start from the same line when it comes to mentality. To me it is not about the herding, but giving the needed stimulus to make people think critical and by themselves..

But maybe the PTB (or even our collective consciousness) doesn't want people become in their senses. It is very complicated issue, which I have no answers.

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
it is sad that a few thousand americans were killed, but isn't it equally as sad that so many innocent afghani and iraqi citizens died? jumping out of a crumbling hundred story building would be a bad way to go, but so would being burnt to death with napalm as a cluster bomb comes crashing through the roof of your house.

edit on 11-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: racism

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Originally posted by Hefficide

“Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions.”
David Borenstein

Emotions are imperfect, powerful, and immediate. And they are prone to the manipulations of those with a desire to do so.

But, all things considered, they are still our greatest asset in being able to determine right from wrong. They are the thing that makes us human and humane.

Look where emotionality has led us, when regarding right and wrong?

Right and wrong are culturally bound concepts, or ask a Hindu what does he think about me eating a cow.

Tough there seems to be more 'higher' emotions than those culturally bound, I call them universal. Those feelings might make you unbelievable happy or cry out loud the stupidity that seems endless amongst us.

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
it is sad that a few thousand americans were killed, but isn't it equally as sad that so many innocent afghani and iraqi citizens died? jumping out of a crumbling hundred story building would be a bad way to go, but so would being burnt to death with napalm as a cluster bomb comes crashing through the roof of your house.

edit on 11-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: racism

All that is unfortunate indeed, but somehow I cannot relate to it emotionally. Bad things happen all the time, even now someone is crying in horrible pain, a little child is dying, somebody stepped upon a frog, and a tree fell in rainforest. Should I cry? Should I feel bad about all this? I don't know, but I don't - except that all preceeding is very unfortunate indeed.

-v

top topics

join