It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Look at Alien Abductions, DMT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Please read everything before commenting

I see a lot of people on these forums talking about being abducted by aliens and such, but most of you do not understand what is actually happening when you think you are being physically abducted, the real truth (IMO) is that physically your still in your bed fast asleep. I will explain more below:

Dimethyltryptamine

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine ('___') is a naturally occurring hallucinogenic drug of the tryptamine family. This drug is found not only in many plants, but also in trace amounts in the human body, where its natural function remains undetermined. Structurally, it is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT) and other hallucinogenic tryptamines such as 5-MeO-'___', bufotenin (5-OH-'___'), and psilocin (4-HO-'___'). '___' is created in small amounts by the human body during normal metabolism by the enzyme tryptamine-N-methyltransferase. Many cultures, indigenous and modern, ingest '___' as a psychedelic, in either extracted or synthesized forms.

Dimethyltryptamine ('___' for short) is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter similar in structure to serotonin.It is created in trace amounts by the pineal gland during normal metabolism, and may be released in massive amounts during birth, death, hallucinations and dreams.

This psychedelic drug is found in many plants used by South American shamans. It is also used in certain religious practices, presumably for its ability to induce divine insights, visions and feelings of euphoria. Strassman's studies have even linked high doses of '___' with the perception of alien entities from alternate realities.

Analysis of the alien abduction story suggests that the sequence of events is comparable to some experiences of the shamanic spirit world as revealed by '___', a hallucinogenic drug. In the trance state, some people see beings similar to those reported by abductees. Therefore, it is possible that abductees involuntarily manufacture excessive endogenous '___', which then opens the door to the spirit world. Further, the physical evidence associated with some abductions suggests that happenings in the spirit world can manifest in the physical world. Finally, since the alien abductors appear in the '___' visions, they are inhabitants of the spirit world and likely are not directly responsible for the UFOs seen in the physical world.

In a study done by Dr. Rick Strassman, he found that while people were under the influence of '___' (Dimethyltryptamine) would experience alien abductions with the "greys" where they would talk to them and get taken into space ships and be given knowledge, but the thing is all they were doing is tripping out on '___' while still under observation in the hospital bed.

There is pretty much countless videos of or about '___' all over the net if you want to research this further. (I wasn't going to add any videos to this article but I thought I better give you guys a break from the wall of text for a bit hehe)

More interviews here thespiritmolecule.com...

Dr. Rick Strassman and '___' (Dimethyltryptamine)

Between 1990 and 1995, Dr Rick Strassman studied the effects of this extremely short-acting yet intense psychoactive compound using human test subjects. The research generated a wealth of biological and psychological data, much of which was published in scientific journals. So Strassman decided to publish individual accounts from the human volunteers in his book, The Spirit Molecule.

His '___' experiments shone a whole new light on unexplained phenomena such as alien abductions. Strassman even reproduced mystical and religious experiences with the psychedelic drug. Skeptics can say, then, that this drug is merely a hallucinogen. It makes you see things that aren't there. And it explains thousands of historical accounts of paranormal phenomena at one fell swoop.

On the other hand, the experiments provided new and startling information. Volunteers described bizarre visions of alien life forms - even subjects that wanted and fully expected to see angels and fairies saw other-worldly beings. It provokes the question: is '___' like a door to an alternate reality? Does it facilitate lucid dreams, the out-of-body state and glimpses into other dimensions?

THE ABDUCTIONS

The Type A abduction (no physical evidence)

Floating through walls does not happen in normal physical reality, and a medical procedure during a dream does not leave physical aftereffects. Yet, both phenomena are said to occur during some abductions. What kind of reality can accommodate these seemingly impossible events?

The Type A abduction by itself might be attributable to a vivid dream if it were not for the fact that so many people appear to have had the same basic experience. The explanation quickly expands to include the Jungian concept of the collective unconscious, the source of archetypal imagery appearing in different people's dreams. Consistent with this idea is a more active description of reality that comes primarily from shamanic traditions practiced for thousands of years in many places around the world. For a shaman, reality consists of the physical world we know, as well as a spirit domain accessible via altered states of consciousness. Surprisingly, the imagery of the abduction experience is not unique in that it appears in this spirit world as well.

Several books have been written describing this more comprehensive understanding of reality. Of particular interest is Graham Hancock’s book, Supernatural, David Pinchbeck’s book, Breaking Open the Head: A Psychedelic Journey into the Heart of Contemporary Shamanism, and Rick Strassman’s book, '___': The Spirit Molecule. These authors describe drug-induced altered states where powerful archetypal imagery exists in a world far removed from normal reality. Strange beings are encountered with the ability to behave independently of the experiencer. The experiences are said to be as real as any in the physical world, and range from fearful violence to the mystical.

Strassman describes medical research into the effects of dimethyltryptamine ('___'), a fast-acting, endogenous psychedelic molecule. The subjective experiences of his research volunteers are related in detail in his book. Strassman emphasizes the importance of “set and setting” on the subjective effects of the drug. Nearly all volunteers commented on powerful vibrations or pulses of energy accompanying the onset of the drug, followed by a loss of body awareness and time perception. One type of experience was floating or flying through exotic spaces, a feeling of oneness with the universe and of love, joy, and acceptance. Another volunteer found himself on an operating room table with tubes attached to his body, but there were positive feelings toward humans in the room. Another found himself accompanied by a vaguely humanoid being who was interested in him and his fear. Another was surrounded by insectoid beings who consumed his feelings of love and surrender. Strassman commented on the strong similarity between '___' session reports and the scenarios reported by alien abductees.

'___' is also a component of potions used by indigenous peoples in some parts of the world to induce altered states of consciousness. Hancock and Pinchbeck describe their own personal journeys into the spirit world after drinking such potions. According to Hancock, an experienced shaman is master of all he encounters in the spirit world. He will have his own “spirit animals” who act as his guide and protector, and assist him in achieving his desired objectives. It appears that proper assistance in the spirit world can improve the quality of the experience.

With a sufficiently high dose of the potion, the typical user is propelled rapidly into a world of stunning visual effects followed by interactions with various strange beings. Hancock describes some as reptilian in appearance, while some are half human and half animal. Beings were encountered who dismembered the body and put it back together again with some alterations. Or, the body was impaled by sharp objects. Pinchbeck describes entities as “porcupine-quilled, tusked, multi-tongued, amoebic, but even those words are only approximations of entities”. Of particular interest to us, a few of the beings encountered by both Hancock and some of Strassman’s volunteers closely resemble the aliens described by abductees. Hancock’s interactions with these beings suggested the possibility of imminent abduction into a metal spaceship much like a flying saucer. He describes one entity as an insect-like humanoid with a heart shaped face and slits for a nose and a mouth. The entity is accompanied by several smaller, less intelligent beings. Besides the similarity to the alien abducters, the seeming hierarchical social structure is typical of that observed during the abductions.

The '___' experience and the Type A abduction experience seem to have a number of elements in common. Perhaps the Type A abduction is a direct result of excess '___' release. '___' is an endogenous chemical and, according to Strassman, is part of the chemistry of the pineal gland situated just below the brain. It is conceivable that, under certain conditions, '___' production is accelerated and it is released into the brain environment. The result could be an abduction experience in the spirit world involving some of the beings described by Hancock and others. John Mack, a psychiatrist who studied the abduction phenomenon, learned that many abductions from people's homes take place in the early morning hours. Strassman notes that this is when the pineal gland is most active. Perhaps early morning '___' production facilitates alien encounters in predisposed individuals.

The Type B abduction (physical evidence, nicks, cuts, bruises)

The concept of experiencing a separate spirit world by the appropriate adjustment of brain chemistry seems sufficient to explain the Type A abduction experience. So far, we have assumed that the physical or its proxy intrudes into the spirit world, and that the elements of the spirit world return no further into the physical world than the impact on the viewer’s memory. Is it possible to extend this concept to also account for the additional effects that define the Type B abduction experience? In particular, could the physical aftereffects of the medical procedures be caused by the events experienced in the spirit world? Also, could it be possible to experience events in the spirit world jointly with another person?

According to Pinchbeck and Hancock, the spirit world is a place where new things can be learned. Further, it appears to be a reality where different people can simultaneously experience the same thing. For example, Pinchbeck entered this space with the assistance of a shaman and two elders, and felt the company of the others. Two of his acquaintances shared a vision of being observed by a small owl. Three others watched dolphins swimming. Therefore, if the abduction experience also occurs in the spirit world, two people abducted together should be able to independently describe the same events afterwards.

Pinchbeck believes that activity in the spirit world can directly impact the physical world. He gives the example of a shaman emerging from a long trance holding a new seed or plant needed for healing others. This suggests that consciousness operating in the spirit world can cause changes in the physical world. In his words, “The energy of conscious or unconscious beliefs and the willpower of human beings may create actual physical manifestations that take on a level of independence from any individual consciousness”. Therefore, we should allow for the possibility that the abductees’ implants and nicks on the skin are side effects of the activities in the spirit world. That is, they may emerge into the physical world prior to the return to a normal state of consciousness.

Also we cannot rule out the fact that some physical evidence is just the result of a rough sleep during one of these experiences.

treurniet.ca...

Thank you for your time and please consider this information if you ever have this kind of experience.

ps: Also in October the movie/documentary of Dr. Rick Strassman's work will be coming out which should be very interesting thespiritmolecule.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
agree that probably most of abduction cases, as other type of freaky things, can be explained by studying our brain

I am looking forward to that documentary

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
agree that probably most of abduction cases, as other type of freaky things, can be explained by studying our brain

I am looking forward to that documentary

yeah it should be really good, I'll try and post it up as soon as its released, I'm hoping to get some traffic through this thread as not many people are aware of these types of things, and it might actually help people that are having these types of experiences.

edit on 11/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ok I'm going to briefly explain to you my encounter, and you will see why I don't believe in the typical abduction case.

Summer of 2008, after 2 am. I'm outside with my laptop watching a movie, by myself, I'm drinking beer. I hear something that sounds like an animal in my backyard, so I walk up to investigate. After walking for a few steps, I start receiving telepathic communication.

The telepathic communication was simple, and I could see where the beings were in my yard. They looked like blurry black shadows, and I felt if I walked towards them I would die of fright. I was not paralyzed, but I was scared like a deer in headlights.

Their telepathic communication was basically, "Hi, we're here, there is 12 of us, We're 3 foot tall Grey Aliens with smooth skin." They were also sending me images of what they looked like. The color of their skin was like a "moon" looking color.

Telepathic communication is crazy. The telepathy was a sure sign this is not a ghost. Because I've seen ghosts, but my encounter with these paranormal beings felt like these guys are not from Earth! Because theoretically ghosts at one point would have originated as a living human on Earth. However these creatures could have been demons. I have no idea. But definitely not ghosts.

Eventually my fear started to include a little excitement like one of them was going to walk out into the light, where I was standing and this would be the moment of truth. But they never did. And I was too scared to walk towards the shadows, so I grabbed my computer and ran inside to my room.

The only evidence of something weird happening, is this was at my parents house, and the room I stay in is right across from their room, and my parents hate cigarette smoke, I usually sleep on the other side of the house, when I've been drinking/smoking.

So I hid in my room for about 15 minutes, and then decided to grab a flashlight and look around. I did that, and started yelling and the feeling was gone. There definitely was a "feeling/vibe" to the encounter. But when I went back outside that "feeling" was gone, but it still was scary. I flashed around the flashlight, nothing, no kids playing jokes, or animals.

The next morning and actually weeks after I just kept asking myself did that really happen, and I kept trying to recall back to the experience which I could do, but remembering what telepathic communication was like, was next to impossible, it truly is out of this world.

On that following morning I looked around at where the shadows were standing, and no signs of anything being there.

So I don't know what I experienced but I know my story doesn't share any commonalities with most abduction/encounter cases.

This encounter and an orb sighting in the same area which included two friends of mine, are the main reasons why I created an account on ATS. With my encounters and what kind of discoveries we are making in space with water and exoplanet study, and whatnot, I am 100% sure, there is more to life than we know it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I know joe rogans' thoughts from his podcasts @ joerogan.net

he is just AMAZING

I recommend the last video you posted, I mean, lets be real, that was simply fascinating

his theory that our life may be just an illusion so we can keep our species alive, to make babies and $&# as he would say

thats just fascinating, I never thought that our real life could be when we sleep and our experience on earth is actually just a trick to make us keep "working"

I mean, I thought about a lot of things already, but thats new ...

its always good do hear different perspectives, it just makes me feel better

I dont know if his point is true, but its amazing what he thought about it, and '___' may be key to the understanding of life

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Yeah according to Dr Rick Strassman's work, telepathic communication with the grays (not just the grays) is a common occurrence with '___'.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Lets keep this thread bumped up there guys, I want a good debate on this topic. I'm hoping we can correlate some of these experiences with some of the claims on this site and many others and hopefully come to some kind of conclusion about this subject, I think I may have put people off a bit with such a long opening post hehe

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
An excellent beginners guide to the whole topic about '___', and a psychedelic experience in general.

I once started a thread pondering about the possibility about the dream reality and the wake reality, and that we possibly are shifting so that the dream side of things would become the new "real". This seems to be exactly the thing Roagan suggests. We have to bee awake and work in the physical world, so that our bodies stay alive, and that we can participate in the other side of reality, the spiritual world while sleeping.

There was some incorrect claims in the video in op where roagan talked, but mentioning them would be just nitpicking. There was also some repetition by the op when you described things, i think i counted the same contents of a sentence at least three times. But this is just trying to find something critical to post in an EXCELLENT thread and OP

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
the truth is that is very possible that '___' may have some relation to traumatic experiences

lets say you are getting abused, then, the brain try to protect itself by releasing '___', therefore creating these "Crazy" alien experiences

thats one possibility ...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Thanks man
... I'm trying to get this subject out there because there is a few people that know about '___', but a hell of a lot that just have no idea about it at all.

I tried to make it a little basic, and thanks for letting me know about repeating myself I think I was just tunnel vision typing, constructive criticism is more then welcome
(bugger cant edit it to fix it up)

edit on 11/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This post totally made me think of Rosetta Stoned by Tool.

Warning language.

gets good at about 3:00(hope i uploaded it right)

I am very interested in dmt, but in a sense I feel like it is cheating because we may learn things we aren't meant to learn until we die... still kinda curious though.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Test bump ... ahhh sweet its fixed now ... before replies weren't updating this to the recent posts thread

edit on 14/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Very well written post if I may say so. These little gems are the only reason I attempt to return to ATS. The usual posts are, well, examples of extreme ....... I'll leave it there.

This bring up so many interesting questions as a good OP should.
What is reality exactly? We know from the '___' experiments that the abduction scenario can be completely non-physical reality. We also know that there are physical reality aspects to it as well. I can just see how long this discussion is going to be already. So is it safe to assume with this small crowd that we can accept the fact that our physical reality is anything BUT clearly defined?

There is literally innumerable books written about this reality being a construct of the mind. Is this an example of the truth in that statement? Really think about the implications of that. If I were to hook your brain and nerve system up to electrodes in all the right places I would be able to simulate every little sensory piece of data you receive. In essence you would not be able to tell the whole thing you were experiencing was artificial. Artificiality is not my point. The point is the signals you receive. When you dream does it not seem just as real as when you are awake? I am hesitant to bring up the 'Matrix' analogy but it IS an example everyone here can understand. Neo did not know he was in an artificial reality until he was unplugged.

This, I believe, is an example of the reality we actually DO live in. I believe it is a window showing us part of our multidimensional selfs. Don't let the terminology turn you off here. I will explain. What if the 'self' you are in the dream state is always there even when you are awake. We simply focus our consciousness in the direction which is appropriate at the time. There seem to be many levels to our true selfs and perhaps we are able to glimpse at these. It could all be a matter of focus. I propose that our consciousness inhabits our body in order that it may evolve through interaction and application of free will. Like a living learning lab or school.

There are some who believe that our entire reality is the construct of the mind. Not my mind, our minds as in WE. We have all heard reference to the Jungian Collective Unconscious and many people reference simply the collective consciousness. Perhaps we are all part of this collective and use this simulated world to apply free will action and see the outcomes. Perhaps this Collective Consciousness is able to split up into billions of little individual parts who each have free will to interact with one another and learn from each-other which int the end lowers entropy ie....Evolves. Could this be what the spiritual masters were referring to when they say WE are all ONE? The body has innumerable cells within and each has a function AND free will to act out its small part of reality. They do not realize from their perspective that they really ARE all one, or all part of the same being. Perhaps we humans and our EGOS have painted ourselves into a corner by thinking that its just us and God. Perhaps the masters were trying to say that we ARE God in the same regards as the cells in our bodies are independent but still part of the same being.

Please look into this little lecture given by Thomas Campbell PhD. (physics). Tom was the origional member of Robert Monroe's consciousness laboratory. He has exploored these non-physical realms for 30 years and developed a VERY solid theory of reality based on his findings which actually DO solve some of Einsteins relativity and special relativity problems. Namely because in his time they did not understand the effect consciousness has on the nature of reality. I highly recommend this Lecture (video
). The first parts are a base line of info and half way through he will start blowing your mind. If your little slice of reality does not crumble a little then....

On to the alien topic....
Given the above perhaps the alien abductions are in more than one reality. Bear with me on this one....does anyone remember Courtney Brown PhD(sociology)? Ed Dames's first student. He became a remote viewer after learning the military RV protocols. He tasked himself with looking into the aspects of the Grey's social complex. He wanted to learn about their culture. He reported that they had a catastrophic event on their home-world which required they move into underground habitats. They later genetically engineered themselves to be able to adapt to these conditions. Hence the large eyes, grey skinny bodies. After some time they realized they could not evolve further due to the genetic manipulations to their species. Somehow they already knew about the non-physical reality and had the technology to actually go there via some type of multidimensional phasing tech. In the end they are trapped there and seriously cannot evolve further because they are now non-physical and lack that aspect of expression which leads to species evolution. We all know environmental and mental stressors/pressures are the cause for evolution as far as we know. Perhaps spiritual evolution also causes physical evolution. Perhaps spiritual evolution REQUIRES/CAUSES physical evolution in order to express it's new level of consciousness. Could this be the reason abductees report the Grey's only during times when our consciousness is focused away from the body (or OOBE for some people)?

Then there is the physical evidence. If our mental/consciousness is actually a large component to our physical reality then perhaps what happens in the non-physical realm has more than just a passing effect on the physical.
There is much more confusion and questions which I can dish out but lets just start with this for now....

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Excellent. I haven't had a chance to go through the fine details and vids yet, but I certainly intend to.
You've no idea how interesting I find this. Much needed light on this subject.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know this thread is just a few weeks old but seriously...
No comments? I guess people are more worried about Obamas birth cert and Lindsay Lohan?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Closed pending staff review.

Please read: Posting work written by others.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Summer of 2008, after 2 am. I'm outside with my laptop watching a movie, by myself, I'm drinking beer. I hear something that sounds like an animal in my backyard, so I walk up to investigate. After walking for a few steps, I start receiving telepathic communication.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Drinking alchohol and fatigue are both huge contributors to the amounts of '___' build up in the brain.
When you sleep and dream your brain releases '___' its what alows us to have our senses in the drean world and its what allows us to see our physical world in our daily life also. When there is no sleep the brain has a stock pile of '___'. This can lead to astral projection that was never intended and can take you to other planets and other dimensions. When people astral project and they are walking around their houses you will either have weird experiences like doors that arent there in the physical world. Also you may see things like old carpets you used to have objects that are still locked in you head. This is simply due to the sub-consious minds ability to fabricate thoughts and feelings. This would explain why you went into the bedroom you wouldnt normally sleep in because of the cigarette smoke. Oh yeah and if you were smoking the after effects of the head rush can give you the feeling of separation from the body which is a contributing factor to astral projection.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ERROR: I fail to see any mention of the Mechanical Elves!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: King Loki

Maybe altered consciousness to extreme levels with '___' or other techniques really does open gates to other realms, sort of breaks Matrix. I heard reports that aliens are already amongst us but maybe we just don't see them.

top topics

join